ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

qabbaan 10-15-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015729)
Wilson is a monster.. period..

If I were KC. I would trade Matt Casshole and a 4th to the Seahawks for Matt Flynn

I love when people just make up some trade like this is Madeen

Ok Skins, Jamaal Charles and Nate Hobgood- Chitik and a 6th and a 4th... Welcome to KC RG3!

The Franchise 10-15-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9015091)
I liked Luck better, but loved RGIII. Now lets get some Geno!

The thing is......Luck will catch up to him in a year or two. RGIII can make plays with his feet....that's why he's hit the ground running. If they continue to put weapons around Luck.....he'll be a top 10 QB in no time.

whoman69 10-15-2012 10:05 AM

I was onboard early, but there was no way we had enough ammunition to get him without giving up our top picks for three years, or stripping the talent around him.

Shag 10-15-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015860)
Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Don't give Seattle that much credit.

Stupid enough? That's brilliant. They recognized that this is a QB-driven league, acquired multiple QBs, and started the best one, money be damned. I wish our FO was that "stupid".

Skyy God 10-15-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015860)
Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Don't give Seattle that much credit.

$10M guaranteed for, ostensibly, a starting QB is hardly a truckload.

Dave Lane 10-15-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014994)
I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.

I wouldn't have paid what DC paid (maybe in retrospect) but I loved RGIII I'd have gone 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for sure.

GordonGekko 10-15-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 9015913)
Cam Newton and Josh Freeman made big splashes in the league and aren't looking so good today. Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

I'm not saying Griffin is not that good, but he is far from a proven commodity. We will see how he fares over the long term. Having a few productive games before teams develop a scheme for you doesn't prove a lot.

This is a good point.

RG3 can get away with what he is doing now, but eventually he will have to turn into a pocket passer 1st, scrambler 2nd. Superbowls are still being won by pocket passing qb's.

chiefscafan 10-15-2012 10:30 AM

I was all favor of trading for the pick from rams for rg3. It wasn't just his ability I loved his maturity in interviews was impressive. I thought he was gonna be special really wish we had gotten him. Bummed we are stuck with cassel although as Winston said he really hasn't been given a chance lol.

Chiefnj2 10-15-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9016082)
This is a good point.

RG3 can get away with what he is doing now, but eventually he will have to turn into a pocket passer 1st, scrambler 2nd. Superbowls are still being won by pocket passing qb's.

He IS a pocket passer first.

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9016175)
He IS a pocket passer first.

Yes, he is.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-15-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014981)
Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

I might trade our entire draft for the guy.

It's a little early for saying "I told you so's" but he has been impressive so far. I wish we would've/could've drafted him.

DaneMcCloud 10-15-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 9015913)
Cam Newton and Josh Freeman made big splashes in the league and aren't looking so good today. Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

Cam Netwon is experiencing a sophomore slump. Josh Freeman had a bad rookie season, followed by a nice 2010, followed by a poor 2011. Vick was a badass before his prison stint and I'm sure that you can understand how his game would falter just a bit after three years away.

What do these guys have in common with RGIII beside skin color?

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9016730)
It's a little early for saying "I told you so's" but he has been impressive so far. I wish we would've/could've drafted him.

He could fall on his face for the rest of the season and I'd still take him over what we have now.

Chief Gump 10-15-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014981)
Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

I might trade our entire draft for the guy.

Let me start by saying that I am not saying that RGIII is not good. With that said, tell me the last time a team won a Superbowl with a QB that ran a lot? I know RGIII is good with his arm but he also depends on his legs and tries to run, it will never work in the NFL. I shouldn't say never but I highly doubt it. Guys are just too big and hit too hard for a QB to be taking hits when they decide to run on a consistent basis.

ThaVirus 10-15-2012 02:11 PM

Steve Young and John Elway moved well out of the pocket..