ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

RealSNR 12-13-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9206758)
When the **** is Rubio actually suppose to come back? lol that's the 2nd game he passed.

Couple weeks still? He's back at practice, but I'm sure it's a matter of doctors "clearing" him to play in an actual game.

I've accepted the fact that even when he comes back this season he'll have to probably take it easy for a very long time. The dude is not Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson. May as well count this season as burned and wait for him next year I suppose.

In the meantime, the team is doing pretty good. If Love can keep his trap shut and stop playing like a pussy, that is.

Pitt Gorilla 12-14-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055346)
Well...that's a bad trade for OKC. Their team just took a serious value hit today....Harden was one of the best players in the NBA last season when he was on the court (see his rate stats).

Who's going to beat the Heat this year now? The answer would seem to be nobody.

The Thunder are 18-4. Would they have been that much better with Harden?

mdchiefsfan 12-14-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9206856)

I agree. I haven't watched the Thunder this year at all but (assuming that Martin is their sixth man) there is no real drop off between Martin and Harden in that role. Martin might actually stretch the floor more for them on the offense since he is a better spot-up shooter than Harden IMO.

RealSNR 12-14-2012 09:30 PM

I think it's this Thursday? Thunder vs Wolves.

We'll probably get our shit pushed in, but I've wanted to see us brawl it out with a REALLY good team all year. I'm sick of seeing shit losses against Denver and Portland. If we're going to lose, let's lose because we put up a good game against an ultra talented team.

Shogun 12-14-2012 09:42 PM

Really emotional seeing Mchale like that. Always a celtic.

okcchief 12-14-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9206856)

19-4.

I will never say Martin is a better player than Harden, but I do think he fits what OKC needed. He stretches the floor and helps open it up for KD and Russ. Plus, I think he will re-sign for what they wanted to pay Harden, and they have Lamb plus 3 more picks for the future.

It's a case of a trade being good for both teams. That's if Houston can find a sucker to take Lin because he's pretty worthless with Harden.

okcchief 12-14-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9209434)
I think it's this Thursday? Thunder vs Wolves.

We'll probably get our shit pushed in, but I've wanted to see us brawl it out with a REALLY good team all year. I'm sick of seeing shit losses against Denver and Portland. If we're going to lose, let's lose because we put up a good game against an ultra talented team.

The Thunder/Wolves has always been a fun game. OKC has won like 11 in a row I think, but most have been nail biters. I'm sure the Wolves are due to get at least one this year.

okcchief 12-14-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9206732)
$10 says Phil Jackson is coaching by the end of the year in LA. Any takers?

I think it's too late now. I don't know if the Lakers would ever offer Phil what he would want at this point. If it was a concern before his price only got higher.

kcxiv 12-15-2012 04:31 AM

Phil's done, this was the only chance for him to come back, it was just a temp job as it was. He will be 70 next year.

okcchief 12-15-2012 06:55 PM

Mr. Rubio comes back tonight. Free league pass this weekend so I'll have to check it out.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211216)
Mr. Rubio comes back tonight. Free league pass this weekend so I'll have to check it out.

Don't expect much. At least I wouldn't. 10 or 20 minutes most likely. I don't even know if he's going to start.

okcchief 12-15-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211230)
Don't expect much. At least I wouldn't. 10 or 20 minutes most likely. I don't even know if he's going to start.

Yeah, unfortunately I let my daughter watch Cinderella. What a ****ing sap I am. Looks like they are definitely easing him in looking at the box score. Still good to see him back. The more fun players to watch the better.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211411)
Yeah, unfortunately I let my daughter watch Cinderella. What a ****ing sap I am. Looks like they are definitely easing him in looking at the box score. Still good to see him back. The more fun players to watch the better.

You're just missing the Alexey Shved Show tonight. It's a pretty good episode. It's the one where Shved raped the living **** out of OJ Mayo

RealSNR 12-15-2012 08:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Derrick Williams ****ed Adelman's wife. It's gotta be something like that.

DWill is having a pretty good night, yet he's losing all his minutes to Dante Cunningham, who is struggling to get rebounds.

-King- 12-15-2012 08:40 PM

Good Knicks Cavs game going on. Kyrie Irving is a beast.... if only he wasn't so injury prone.