ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Tail of the Dragon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306800)

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 12:51 PM

The Tail of the Dragon

The Mrs. and I are heading to north Carolina in may for our 20th anniversary to ride the tail of the Dragon (bucket list).

We'll be there for 10 days and have a good idea of what we want to do while there. We're renting a cabin in Murphy. Any can't miss things we should put on our list?

Thanks in advance

TLO 03-26-2017 12:53 PM

What is this Tail of the Dragon that you speak of?

beach tribe 03-26-2017 01:05 PM

Where's the video of Tyreek Hill?

OP fail.

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12798563)
What is this Tail of the Dragon that you speak of?

http://tailofthedragon.com/

Most motorcycle riders have it on their bucket list

Rain Man 03-26-2017 01:36 PM

Stay away from the barbecue. It reeks of mustard and disappointment.

Indian Chief 03-26-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 12798605)
http://tailofthedragon.com/

Most motorcycle riders have it on their bucket list

I went with a group of car enthusiasts and thoroughly enjoyed driving all weekend. Even the other roads around Deals Gap are a blast. I am not sure I (personally) would do it on my motorcycle however. Not due to the difficulty of the ride, but because I saw way too many cars violating that double yellow.

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12798630)
Stay away from the barbecue. It reeks of mustard and disappointment.

Had some a couple years ago in SC. Not a fan of the mustard based sauce, but the vinegar sauces rocked

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 12798640)
I went with a group of car enthusiasts and thoroughly enjoyed driving all weekend. Even the other roads around Deals Gap are a blast. I am not sure I (personally) would do it on my motorcycle however. Not due to the difficulty of the ride, but because I saw way too many cars violating that double yellow.

That's definitely a concern, but YOLO

New World Order 03-26-2017 01:49 PM

I thought 'the tail of the dragon' was going to be a giant rollercoaster.

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12798660)
I thought 'the tail of the dragon' was going to be a giant rollercoaster.

It is, 318 turns in 11 miles

Perineum Ripper 03-26-2017 01:59 PM

Rode it on my motorcycle last year and had a blast..you do have to watch for cars and other assholes on bikes who want to try and drag knees or floor boards on every corner and end up coming into your lane..but after riding a motorcycle for years and knowing that there are so many dipshits out driving it wasn't that stressful to watch a little more carefully

As someone else stated the roads leading up to Deals Gap are just about as fun and just as beautiful..you will see tons of cool cars and bikes..lots of pullouts to stop and take pictures..the Cherohala Highway is out there too and another beautiful ride..oh and the Blue Ridge Skyway up in Virginia is another beautiful ride not too far away

Looking back I wish I would have planned a couple extra days in the area so I could ride a lot more of the roads

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12798678)
Rode it on my motorcycle last year and had a blast..you do have to watch for cars and other assholes on bikes who want to try and drag knees or floor boards on every corner and end up coming into your lane..but after riding a motorcycle for years and knowing that there are so many dipshits out driving it wasn't that stressful to watch a little more carefully

As someone else stated the roads leading up to Deals Gap are just about as fun and just as beautiful..you will see tons of cool cars and bikes..lots of pullouts to stop and take pictures..the Cherohala Highway is out there too and another beautiful ride..oh and the Blue Ridge Skyway up in Virginia is another beautiful ride not too far away

Looking back I wish I would have planned a couple extra days in the area so I could ride a lot more of the roads

I'm sure we're going to have saddle sores by the time we're done. We do have some other things on our agenda to give our asses a break though ;)

Perineum Ripper 03-26-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 12798691)
I'm sure we're going to have saddle sores by the time we're done. We do have some other things on our agenda to give our asses a break though ;)

Sounds good man..have fun and ride safe

FlaChief58 03-26-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12798698)
Sounds good man..have fun and ride safe

Thanks man. I'm sure it'll be a blast and I always keep my head on a swivel when I ride

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-26-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 12798876)
Thanks man. I'm sure it'll be a blast and I always keep my head on a swivel when I ride

Do you ever say hold my beer and watch this ???