ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jadeveon Clowney should lawyer up, challenge nonsensical 'three-years-out' rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269998)

chiefscafan 02-17-2013 11:59 AM

Yep being the Bama fan I am we recruited him heavy it came down to us and south Carolina he wanted to stay home. The kid is a stud and yes you change your defense to match him. Hell you bring back the falcon and let him be DT. He has potential to be that dominating. Which is a huge compliment from me being the reason im a chief fan is because of DT.

milkman 02-17-2013 12:06 PM

I don't think you worry much about his weight.

He's 20 years old and and will naturally add weight.

Coogs 02-17-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9410388)
Yep being the Bama fan I am we recruited him heavy it came down to us and south Carolina he wanted to stay home. The kid is a stud and yes you change your defense to match him. Hell you bring back the falcon and let him be DT. He has potential to be that dominating. Which is a huge compliment from me being the reason im a chief fan is because of DT.

Interesting.

I guess from reading this thread, JJ Watt was the mental picture I was getting... which is a 3-4 DE. And while Watt is dominating, he is much bigger weight wise.

Personally I don't think it would be that difficult for us to switch back to the 4-3 look.

And for the record, I am still on the Geno Smith bandwagon. But if we are not going with Smith, I would prefer this guy over any other option that is out there.

Too bad he is not an option at this point.

Coogs 02-17-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9410393)
I don't think you worry much about his weight.

He's 20 years old and and will naturally add weight.

Understand. But starting from the mid 250's... that's pretty light for a 3-4 DE, no? And I was assuming that is where most of our posters were penciling him in... to be JJ Watt in our 3-4.

DJ's left nut 02-18-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9410407)
Understand. But starting from the mid 250's... that's pretty light for a 3-4 DE, no? And I was assuming that is where most of our posters were penciling him in... to be JJ Watt in our 3-4.

Look at how big he is, though. His frame could take on another 20 lbs pretty easily just through maturity. Through an NFL strength and conditioning program, I think he could add another 10 without batting an eye. Justin Smith plays at 285 and he's plenty strong.

I also think that Watt is on some serious horse steroids. He's a huge guy, for sure, but look at the bloated, bubbly, 'water-balloon' shape he has. He looks juiced to the gills to me.

And Clowney's going to be more explosive than Watt, even if he doesn't end up as heavy.

I think assuming he'll get to 290-300 is a reach, but I don't think he'd have to in order to be the best DE in the league within 2 seasons.

tooge 02-18-2013 11:18 AM

I'm late to the party here, but my $.02 is that the rule is the rule. If they change it, then it'll be changed for everyone. Play the year or sit out a year, but either way, the NFL has a rule in place for a reason.

Tribal Warfare 02-18-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9410354)
So we would switch to the 4-3?

if he's like Kearse/LT, he can play Rushbacker too