ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Wizard of OZ trailer is out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261358)

Hammock Parties 07-16-2012 02:46 AM

**** disney!! freaking horrible idea to try to do something with the best movie ever made!! god damnit i hate the way movies are being done these days... There hasnt been an epic movie that will be remembered, other than avatar, for the past 10-15 years if feels like, jesus...

007 07-16-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001 (Post 8743916)
**** disney!! freaking horrible idea to try to do something with the best movie ever made!! god damnit i hate the way movies are being done these days... There hasnt been an epic movie that will be remembered, other than avatar, for the past 10-15 years if feels like, jesus...

Hammock Parties 07-16-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8743922)

aka dances with smurfs

Agent V 07-16-2012 09:57 AM

If you're outraged by this, chill the **** out. While it's derivative of the original source material for Oz (L. Frank Baum's work), it's clearly not a remake of the first film. It's an exploration of that same universe. Looks like an origin story of the Wizard, which I'm very interested in seeing. Are you pissed that Wicked exists, too?

The Franchise 07-16-2012 10:02 AM

Can I still watch this and listen to Pink Floyd?

Fire Me Boy! 07-16-2012 10:05 AM

There's several of these coming out soon. ABC is working on a miniseries based on the book Wicked, while there's a film in the words for the musical version of Wicked (and they are remarkably different stories).

007 07-16-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8744242)
There's several of these coming out soon. ABC is working on a miniseries based on the book Wicked, while there's a film in the words for the musical version of Wicked (and they are remarkably different stories).

Not surpised. Once Upon a Time has hoped the door for a lot more fantasy on television.

sd4chiefs 11-15-2012 12:04 AM

Trailer 2 looks bad ass.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qy2fJsCkUn4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorter 11-15-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Really? You chose a Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves ripoff?LMAOLMAO

Jenson71 11-15-2012 12:37 AM

Looks awesome.

Silock 11-15-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Along with what everyone else said, "best movie ever made" was The Wizard of Oz? REALLY?

DJ's left nut 11-15-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8736459)
It shouldn't be touched in any way. Prequel, sequel, I don't care. Hollywood needs to stop.

Stop what?

Stealing ideas? The Wizard of Oz was taken from a book. The 'original' was stolen. And it's not like they're removing guns and replacing them with radios, ala Spielberg here. This is a genuinely 'new' story.

This isn't touching a classic. Hell, it's not even expounding on it.

This is a freakin' cool idea and has been put in the hands of some very qualified people (both the director and the actors).

To not make this movie just because the first one was great is nuts. This appears to be a very good movie in its own right.

I'll probably go see it.

listopencil 11-15-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8739700)
When I was little, the entrance of the flying monkeys was when we'd shut the show off and watch The Dukes of Hazzard.

When I was little the Dukes of Hazzard had flying monkeys in it.

vailpass 11-15-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9120296)
Along with what everyone else said, "best movie ever made" was The Wizard of Oz? REALLY?

Don Corleone just put a stop to this talk. Apparently he made the Wizard an offer he couldn't refuse.

BigCatDaddy 11-15-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9120745)
Stop what?

Stealing ideas? The Wizard of Oz was taken from a book. The 'original' was stolen. And it's not like they're removing guns and replacing them with radios, ala Spielberg here. This is a genuinely 'new' story.

This isn't touching a classic. Hell, it's not even expounding on it.

This is a freakin' cool idea and has been put in the hands of some very qualified people (both the director and the actors).

To not make this movie just because the first one was great is nuts. This appears to be a very good movie in its own right.

I'll probably go see it.

Plus there was already a sequel made in 85.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Oz