ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Combine's Here, Bitch! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281603)

Direckshun 02-20-2014 03:38 PM

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 49m
Colt Lyerla said all of his legal issues have been resolved at this point. "It's all on the table."

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 50m
Lyerla said he's made an effort to not hang around the same people he was hanging around when he was getting in trouble.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 51m
Colt Lyerla said the low point for him was getting in trouble and having the whole thing become public.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 52m
Colt Lyerla: Everything from the times those things have happened has been a complete change.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 53m
Colt Lyerla talking now in front of quite the crowd. http://yfrog.com/nti7cveaj

OldSchool 02-20-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10443693)
Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 49m
Colt Lyerla said all of his legal issues have been resolved at this point. "It's all on the table."

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 50m
Lyerla said he's made an effort to not hang around the same people he was hanging around when he was getting in trouble.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 51m
Colt Lyerla said the low point for him was getting in trouble and having the whole thing become public.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 52m
Colt Lyerla: Everything from the times those things have happened has been a complete change.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 53m
Colt Lyerla talking now in front of quite the crowd. http://yfrog.com/nti7cveaj

Good stuff, may end up going around the 4-5th round if teams feel he is being truthful about everything. He has top talent, just red flags off the field will move him off of a lot of boards.

Direckshun 02-20-2014 03:41 PM

Interesting........................

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 2h
Billy Turner said he has talked to the Packers and Chiefs in Indianapolis among a handful of teams.

My thoughts on Turner:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10424204)
OT Billy Turner, North Dakota State -- I can't recall ever watching tape on NDSU ever before, but Turner is almost too outstanding an athlete to play ****ing Fargo. You're talking about a 6'5", 315 lber who can run. Turner may come close to breaking 5.0 at the Combine, but that doesn't matter -- this guy runs very well on the field. He's as effortless an athlete as there is in this draft at the tackle position. He's a punishing run-blocker, especially when he has his sights locked in -- playing all the way to the whistle. Really impressive. Really good mirroring in pass blocking, but his feet are too narrow in his kickslide -- correctable. I think he's got some left tackle potential, but teams will be drooling thinking about him on the right side. 2nd day pick. I like him more than some of the projected 1st rounders.

Direckshun 02-20-2014 03:43 PM

Jake Matthews mentioned Mizzou DE Kony Ealy as one of the best players he played against this year. Mixed up his moves well.

Direckshun 02-20-2014 03:45 PM

Steelers GM:

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 6h
Colbert says this might be the most talented group and most immature group of draft prospects he's seen.

htismaqe 02-20-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10443701)

Billy Turner said he has talked to the Packers and Chiefs in Indianapolis among a handful of teams.

My thoughts on Turner:

You think Turner could play guard in the ZBS?

htismaqe 02-20-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10443708)
Steelers GM:

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn · 6h
Colbert says this might be the most talented group and most immature group of draft prospects he's seen.

I would imagine that's going to be the case every year from here on out. It's a societal thing.

Dante84 02-20-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10443701)

My thoughts on Turner:

This be that shit to throw in the Visited/Met with thread.

In case I miss these, please be sure to add these types of posts to it.

I got this one, thanks for catching it!

EDIT - Already had him - this makes twice that we've talked with this guy.

Sandy Vagina 02-20-2014 04:45 PM

good source for measurements

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=8

mikey23545 02-20-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10443468)
I actually liked Tyler Larsen as a late-round center, but 31" arms is going to get you slaughtered in the interior.

How does he manage to put the ball on the ground before the snap?

TambaBerry 02-20-2014 04:57 PM

how do they measure their hands?

OldSchool 02-20-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10443797)
how do they measure their hands?

I imagine it's tip of the thumb to tip of the pinky.

TambaBerry 02-20-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10443807)
I imagine it's tip of the thumb to tip of the pinky.

cool mine are 9 inches lol so Amaro does have small hands

Direckshun 02-20-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10443717)
You think Turner could play guard in the ZBS?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think he'll have any trouble translating to guard at all.

bowener 02-20-2014 06:22 PM

NFL.com mocks show Ealy going after the Chiefs pick. Anybody else here see him as a potential rushbacker for the Chiefs? He is a big ****er with great physical potential and still learning his skill set.