ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Deberg_1990 10-25-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10123222)
The latest is that the original drafts were more in the genre of "heist" type films, which would be a different tone than the other Marvel films.

Edgar Wright is "Shaun of the Dead", so I expect it to be off-center in nature.

He definitely has an unique sensibility. I actually liked that Scott Pilgrim movie too.

Halfcan 10-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8748716)
I just don't see Ant Man doing very well.

I hate Ants-lol

beach tribe 10-26-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10121955)
Yeah, I'm not sure how a miniaturized man fits but Marvel movies through Disney have been gold.

Pym is the man who created Ultron so Im thinking there will be that, and I know he is called Ant Man, but Pym actually used the reverse function of his suit more often which allowed him to grow into a 60 ft. human Godzilla wrecking machine.
He is also a self involved, jealous, narcissistic sociopath and complete Dick.

Psyko Tek 10-26-2013 11:13 PM

somebody knows their marvel continuity

beach tribe 10-27-2013 12:44 AM

I ****in lived for the Marvel universe from age 8 until 16 when I discovered pussy.

Aries Walker 10-27-2013 07:50 AM

Actually, he usually tops out at only about 15 or 20 feet, but he can grow to theoretically limitless height if he wants.

. . . what?

beach tribe 10-27-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10127147)
Actually, he usually tops out at only about 15 or 20 feet, but he can grow to theoretically limitless height if he wants.

. . . what?

66 feat was his threash hold iirc.

I may have been a little harsh. His mental state, anger with himself, yet simultaneous jealousy of stark because he thinks he's smarter than him just always bugged me I guess.

I think he could be a good character for the Marvel cinematic universe though.

Valiant 10-27-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10126847)
Pym is the man who created Ultron so Im thinking there will be that, and I know he is called Ant Man, but Pym actually used the reverse function of his suit more often which allowed him to grow into a 60 ft. human Godzilla wrecking machine.

I think they are not having pym in the avengers ultron movie, they will give ultron a different origin from my understanding.

AustinChief 10-27-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10132153)
I think they are not having pym in the avengers ultron movie, they will give ultron a different origin from my understanding.

One solution might be for Ultron to be created by Stark from crude designs and/or ideas originally from Pym. This could tie in nicely with a rivalry/jealousy/inferiority arc down the road.

arrowheadnation 10-27-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10132175)
One solution might be for Ultron to be created by Stark from crude designs and/or ideas originally from Pym. This could tie in nicely with a rivalry/jealousy/inferiority arc down the road.

I have some buddies who are uber comic book nerds, and they think this will be the case (Stark Ind. will create him on accident.)

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10126847)

Unfortunately for die hards like yourself, Marvel is changing the mythos.

My understanding is that Tony Stark will be revealed as the creator of Ultron in the upcoming Avengers film.

keg in kc 10-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137660)

My understanding is that Tony Stark will be revealed as the creator of Ultron in the upcoming Avengers film.

That's what I've heard/read. Although there's been some talk about Pym maybe being introduced late in the movie (or in a post credits bit) leading to the ant-man movie.

But who knows. What we do know at this point is that Ultron is a stark creation, and the speculation is that it's somehow connected with (or is) Jarvis.

Rausch 10-29-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 10132540)
I have some buddies who are uber comic book nerds, and they think this will be the case (Stark Ind. will create him on accident.)

I heard rumors that it would come from his helper in the man-cave (the robot he always calls stupid.)

I could see it being Jarvis...:hmmm:

Rausch 10-29-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137660)

Marvel has being doing that in the comix as well. It's frustrating.

They're changing the continuity in the books to fit more closely with the films.

Bad idea.

There are millions of people willing to watch a 2 hour summer action flick that have no desire to pick up a comic...

Tribal Warfare 10-29-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10137793)
That's what I've heard/read. Although there's been some talk about Pym maybe being introduced late in the movie (or in a post credits bit) leading to the ant-man movie.

But who knows. What we do know at this point is that Ultron is a stark creation, and the speculation is that it's somehow connected with (or is) Jarvis.

Then wouldn't Ultron's voice be of Jude Law's instead of Spader