ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Reaper16 03-22-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6625639)
I'll say what I said in my tweet:

Sometimes I don't know why i watch Breaking Bad- the story or the cinematography. I think the answer is both. Obviously.

You forgot acting.

irishjayhawk 03-22-2010 09:42 PM

No, that's just a given.

kcxiv 03-22-2010 09:53 PM

its because it kinda feels real. I been in "the game" i know how it operates and its pretty damned close. some stuff is a bit over the top, but its a tv show, but its pretty much how it works.

Reaper16 03-22-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6625854)
its because it kinda feels real. I been in "the game" i know how it operates and its pretty damned close. some stuff is a bit over the top, but its a tv show, but its pretty much how it works.

Sure, accuracy helps. But I place the show's accuracy of the meth game below things like cinematorgrapy, pacing, and Brian Cranston's devastating embodiment of the American middle class when it comes to reasons that the show is great.

notorious 03-22-2010 10:20 PM

Conflict.

All the great shows have conflict, whether it's between two people or within a charcter.

Breaking Bad is loaded with it.

badgirl 03-22-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6612355)
Another friendly reminder that the new season starts this Sunday night.

Man I love "Breaking Bad" i also watch all season 2 the weekend before the premier of season 3 just to freshen up on things.

kcxiv 03-23-2010 02:50 AM

The bathtub season in season 1 is one of the most just wow moments i ever seen from a TV show. I just couldn't believe what i seen. lol

MahiMike 03-25-2010 07:50 PM

DVR'd it. Will watch this weekend. 1 of my faves. Even got my 16 y/o daughter watching it. My way of teaching her about drugs.

notorious 03-25-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 6633390)
DVR'd it. Will watch this weekend. 1 of my faves. Even got my 16 y/o daughter watching it. My way of teaching her about drugs.

Replay the "ATM" episode from season 2 and that should wrap up any worries about her and drugs.

notorious 03-28-2010 09:04 PM

That was a GREAT episode. Just when I think it might be losing momentum, BB re-invents itself.

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6639796)
That was a GREAT episode. Just when I think it might be losing momentum, BB re-invents itself.

You were a ****ing fool for thinking that in the first place. How dare you doubt a show that has never misstepped yet. :cuss:

Seriously though that episode was crazy-good. It had the tension level of a season's penultimate episode. SHIT WAS GOING DOWN. The sneak peak at next week's episode was even crazier! MAJOR plot lines look to be coming to a head next week. AAAAAHHHHH!

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6639796)

My god, I don't know what to say. I can't decide what's better:

Aaron Paul's new identity who screws over his family after they shut him out
Walt firing up at the cop
Pollos commander's silent but deadly look when receiving information about Walt
The cinematography (again), and the HD quality
Skyler helping to commit fraud while condemning Walt
The shiny axe
Saul Goodman's awesomeness, bluetooth and all
The song and scene when Walt breaks into his own house.

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639841)
You were a ****ing fool for thinking that in the first place. How dare you doubt a show that has never misstepped yet. :cuss:

That was my first reaction but then I figured he didn't actually mean the implications of his statement.

Quote:

Seriously though that episode was crazy-good. It had the tension level of a season's penultimate episode. SHIT WAS GOING DOWN. The sneak peak at next week's episode was even crazier! MAJOR plot lines look to be coming to a head next week. AAAAAHHHHH!
I know, right? Already the skull cowboy boots found Walt?

notorious 03-28-2010 09:30 PM

Sorry guys, I love this show.

Every show I have loved ****s itself.

This show gets BETTER. It's too good to be true.

They are shifting Walt's secrets onto Skyler. It's ****ing great! Pollos is a big part of the Mexican connection. Unreal. Perfect story writing.

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6639849)
That was my first reaction but then I figured he didn't actually mean the implications of his statement.

I know, right? Already the skull cowboy boots found Walt?

Did you watch the preview of next week?
Spoiler!