ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life There are still some good people left in this world (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281633)

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:16 AM

There are still some good people left in this world

Long story short: I got in a hurry was backing up and didn't see one of my neighbors friends parked in the driveway and I clipped him. (me getting old and dumbassidity) Not much damage but marked his paint a little and crushed his plastic hubcap. Worst part about it was the dude was across the street in class while I was sitting there left to sweat it.

Anyway, I waited outside for him to get back, as I knew what my first reaction would be if I saw my car there like that, with insurance info in hand hoping I could afford to pay for it out of pocket rather than go through insurance.

About 30 minutes later a Saudi Arabian fellow come hopping along, stopped when he saw his car, and I ran out to him. His reaction "don't sweat it, the marks will buff right out and I was going to get some rims because I hated the hubcaps. I'm not mad, thank you for waiting to tell me."

I offered repeatedly to let me replace the damaged hub cap and repeatedly he refused. I didn't scratch the paint as I backed into him with my bad ass rear end of plastic but some paint did transfer.

Point is quite a few people would so take advantage of this but this dude didn't even want to hear about me trying to make it even.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2014 11:19 AM

Bet he has tons of oil money.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:21 AM

Probably so. He's friends with my neighbor and my neighbor comes from big oil money. Regardless, he could have been a prick. In retrospect, I probably would have been.

Lesson learned.

Amnorix 02-21-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10444892)

Trying to live up to your new username I guess...?

saphojunkie 02-21-2014 11:24 AM

Why didn't he want the authorities involved??? CALL HOMELAND SECURTY!

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:26 AM

My point in posting the fact that he was Saudi Arabian is to try to dispel the evil stereotypes. Perhaps I shouldn't have because it didn't work.

POND_OF_RED 02-21-2014 11:27 AM

I've been in a couple fender benders like this. As long as the car still runs life goes on. Never understood the people that will spend hundreds of dollars fixing a chipped paint job or dents that have no affect on the car running

KC native 02-21-2014 11:28 AM

Were you still drunk from last night?

Steron 02-21-2014 11:32 AM

If you ding/dent/chip my BMW you can bet your ass I'm getting it fixed. I didn't shell out that type of scratch to not have it look right.

TEX 02-21-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10444905)
Why didn't he want the authorities involved??? CALL HOMELAND SECURTY!

LMAO

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:36 AM

Story about a good deed. Nothing more nothing less. I was, and still am willing to compensate for any damage.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:37 AM

KC NitTwat

I'd ask you what you're talking about but I doubt you know, so I'll finish up my dialog with you in this thread with a simple your mother is a whore.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444927)
Story about a good deed. Nothing more nothing less. I was, and still am willing to compensate for any damage.

He probably has 5-6 cars. That's just his beater.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:39 AM

Like I said, I wouldn't doubt it. They are from Saudi Arabia and they certainly aren't in Pittsburg on scholarships.

listopencil 02-21-2014 11:39 AM

I had something like this happen to me in the parking lot of a local pizza place about a month ago. While I was inside ordering, a young girl clipped my bumper on her way out. I wouldn't have known but she came in to find out who owned the vehicle and do the right thing. She kept offering her contact info and I declined as there was barely any noticeable change to my vehicle. She had been in front of me in line and I had overheard her talking about being in the hospital that day. Turns out she was coming home from the hospital. She had spent the day with her dying mother and she was a wreck. I ended up talking to her and making her feel better. Things are meant to be used and people are meant to be loved. Don't get it backwards.

Rain Man 02-21-2014 11:39 AM

Did you say, "Hey dude, I apologize for damaging your Riyadh"?

But yeah, nice story. The guy was pretty forgiving.

vailpass 02-21-2014 11:42 AM

Good to hear...

Rain Man 02-21-2014 11:43 AM

And then did you say, "I wanna Mecca this right. Let me pay for the damage."?

J Diddy 02-21-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10444948)
And then did you say, "I wanna Mecca this right. Let me pay for the damage."?

Nope. I told him to beware of a crotchety old man on his birthday who, if eating alone, it would be in his best interest to face the other direction.

:)

Donger 02-21-2014 11:59 AM

Most Saudis are pretty good people, 'cept for them terrorist ones.

Phobia 02-21-2014 12:02 PM

He probably had a former employee tucked in the trunk for stealing one too many slurpees.

Jimmya 02-21-2014 12:02 PM

That is bad ass...... Thanks for posting the story. Always good to know that there are still plenty of good people around.

Phobia 02-21-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10444979)
Most Saudis are pretty good people, 'cept for them terrorist ones.

True. The locals are proud of their patch of desert.

ThaVirus 02-21-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 10444909)
I've been in a couple fender benders like this. As long as the car still runs life goes on. Never understood the people that will spend hundreds of dollars fixing a chipped paint job or dents that have no affect on the car running

I agree. I'll save that few hundred bucks and put it toward my next engine repair/maintenance.

Dayze 02-21-2014 12:18 PM

I backed into a car moons ago. I left my name, number, insurance agent etc, and a note of what happened etc.

Never heard a call back. It was a tiny bump; I didn't see any damage but still

Bugeater 02-21-2014 12:29 PM

Years ago I had some kid come knocking on my door, I answered and I could tell right away he was nervous about something. So I asked him what's up, and he told me he had hit my van that I had parked in the street. So I went out with him to look at it, right away saw that the passenger side mirror on his car was hanging by the cable so I assumed mine would be gone since they were cargo van mirrors that stuck out farther.

When I got to the other side of my van I was surprised to not only see the mirror still attached and fully intact, it wasn't even slightly out of place. There was a black scuff on the door with a slight crease, but I laughed and told him it was his lucky day, just be more careful in the future. The kid seemed genuinely uncomfortable with the fact that I told him not to worry about it, but I sure as hell wasn't going to stick him with a bill for bodywork and paint on a 10+ yr old work van. And once I buffed out the black mark you could hardly see the crease. Still to this day don't understand how he was close enough to destroy his own mirror, but not even touch mine.

Quote:

Yes, damn those people who spend $30-40k or even more on a car and expect it to look good! We should all just drive beaters!

LoneWolf 02-21-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

You must drive piece of shit vehicles. If I have spent $40,000 to $50,000 on a vehicle and you dent/scratch it, you can bet your ass I'm getting it fixed and your insurance is going to pay for it.

Phobia 02-21-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10445076)
You must drive piece of shit vehicles. If I have spent $40,000 to $50,000 on a vehicle and you dent/scratch it, you can bet your ass I'm getting it fixed and your insurance is going to pay for it.

I used to spend a bunch of money on a vehicle and trade in every couple years to upgrade. Then I moved to Missouri. They hit me hard every year for personal property tax on vehicles so most of my stuff is old now to minimize my December obligation.

Donger 02-21-2014 12:43 PM

I once had a woman back her SUV into my car in a parking lot. She didn't have insurance, so she offered me fellatio instead of giving me money.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10445088)
She didn't have insurance, so she offered me fellatio instead of giving me money.

Disgusting subhuman being.

Donger 02-21-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10445090)
Disgusting subhuman being.

Indeed. She was actually rather attractive, too. I gave her information to my wife and let her deal with it.

Rain Man 02-21-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10445094)
Indeed. She was actually rather attractive, too. I gave her information to my wife and let her deal with it.

So did she have sex with your wife?

Donger 02-21-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10445101)
So did she have sex with your wife?

I don't believe so. Their conversation was a bit strained. Got a cashier's check within a week though.

Dayze 02-21-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10445088)
I once had a woman back her SUV into my car in a parking lot. She didn't have insurance, so she offered me fellatio instead of giving me money.

can you describe said SUV and the general area in which this occurred? I license plate would be great too.

Rain Man 02-21-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10445104)
I don't believe so. Their conversation was a bit strained. Got a cashier's check within a week though.

It was a really good story up to this point.

POND_OF_RED 02-21-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

You are correct. I would never spend that much money on a car. I'd buy the $10,000 car and use the other $30,000 for pussy and drugs.

Donger 02-21-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10445112)
It was a really good story up to this point.

Yes, it kind of petered out at that point.

cabletech94 02-21-2014 01:14 PM

pretty easy to figure out what part of town that dick bull lives in now.

/not stalkin' bro

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:16 PM

This is why I have insurance, so I don't have to fellate the Dongers of the world.

Rain Man 02-21-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445178)
This is why I have insurance, so I don't have to fellate the Dongers of the world.

That's a really good concept for a commercial.

Dayze 02-21-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 10445145)
You are correct. I would never spend that much money on a car. I'd buy the $10,000 car and use the other $30,000 for pussy and drugs.

LMAO

the gift that keeps on giving.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 10445172)
pretty easy to figure out what part of town that dick bull lives in now.

/not stalkin' bro

I've seen the cableman. I know how it goes.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10445182)
That's a really good concept for a commercial.

In just 15 minutes you could save yourself from the performance of oral compensation.

cabletech94 02-21-2014 01:19 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445185)
I've seen the cableman. I know how it goes.

:D

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:21 PM

Be honest cabletech. How's your karaoke?

Rain Man 02-21-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445190)
In just 15 minutes you could save yourself from the performance of oral compensation.

I like the concept. Maybe I can sell it.

Shot pans out from a slightly dented fender in a manly car, like a Jeep of some sort, past a chick car that obviously backed into it. Perhaps a Miata.

As the camera pans out, an attractive woman's face enters the screen in a very tight closeup.

Woman: I thought I'd be okay without insurance.

Woman leans forward so that only the back half of her head shows. Her head bobs a few times. She leans back again.

Woman: But then I backed into a guy's car in the parking lot.

Woman leans forward so that only the back half of her head shows. Her head bobs a few times. She leans back again.

We negotiated a way to avoid me having to pay, but it's not fun.

Woman leans forward so that only the back half of her head shows. Her head bobs a few times. She leans back again and wipes her mouth, looking kind of disgusted.

Narrator: Car insurance. It's not just for financial protection. It's also for protection against having to provide oral sex in a drug store parking lot.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10445209)
I like the concept. Maybe I can sell it.

Shot pans out from a slightly dented fender in a manly car, like a Jeep of some sort, past a chick car that obviously backed into it. Perhaps a Miata.

As the camera pans out, an attractive woman's face enters the screen in a very tight closeup.

Woman: I thought I'd be okay without insurance.

Woman: But then I backed into a guy's car in the parking lot.

We negotiated a way to avoid me having to pay, but it's not fun.

Woman leans forward so that only the back half of her head shows. Her head bobs a few times. She leans back again and wipes her mouth, looking kind of disgusted.

Narrator: Car insurance. It's not just for financial protection. It's also for protection against having to provide oral sex in a drug store parking lot.

LMAO

kepp 02-21-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10444938)
I had something like this happen to me in the parking lot of a local pizza place about a month ago. While I was inside ordering, a young girl clipped my bumper on her way out. I wouldn't have known but she came in to find out who owned the vehicle and do the right thing. She kept offering her contact info and I declined as there was barely any noticeable change to my vehicle. She had been in front of me in line and I had overheard her talking about being in the hospital that day. Turns out she was coming home from the hospital. She had spent the day with her dying mother and she was a wreck. I ended up talking to her and making her feel better. Things are meant to be used and people are meant to be loved. Don't get it backwards.

Pics?

Steron 02-21-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Amen! +1

I work very hard to have a nice vehicle and I want to keep it that way.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-21-2014 02:21 PM

When I was in high school, I had a friend over who was parked in the street and my neighbor backed into him. She came over, bitched about how he should be more careful where he parks, and when they eventually settled on a cash amount, she insisted that he use the money to fix his car and not anyway else.

Total ****. Terrible people in this world

BlackHelicopters 02-21-2014 02:21 PM

Allah Akbar

kepp 02-21-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10445302)
When I was in high school, I had a friend over who was parked in the street and my neighbor backed into him. She came over, bitched about how he should be more careful where he parks, and when they eventually settled on a cash amount, she insisted that he use the money to fix his car and not anyway else.

Total ****. Terrible people in this world

That's the moment when I would have called my insurance company.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 05:07 PM

I wouldn't spend 40-50 grand on a car if I was a millionaire. That's an ungodly waste of money.

chiefzilla1501 02-21-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10444892)

I don't get the stereotype. Are there a bunch of Saudi Arabians who are heirs to the Crisco franchise?

saphojunkie 02-21-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10445303)
Allah Akbar

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/admira...iss-bigger.jpg

cabletech94 02-21-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445199)
Be honest cabletech. How's your karaoke?

i've been known to. but it's usually just to alan jackson. and i haven't for about 8 years. and my voice has changed (finally hit puberty last year).

let's face it, i'm probably turrrrible. ;)

J Diddy 02-21-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 10446012)
i've been known to. but it's usually just to alan jackson. and i haven't for about 8 years. and my voice has changed (finally hit puberty last year).

let's face it, i'm probably turrrrible. ;)

I doubt it. All you cableguys can rock the jukebox. :)

DTLB58 02-22-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445561)
I wouldn't spend 40-50 grand on a car if I was a millionaire. That's an ungodly waste of money.

Yep. Lamar Hunt drove a Ford Fiesta. He thought spending money on cars was a huge waste of money, a sentiment many millionaires agree on.

The difference between the middle class and the upper class, car payments. Don't have them.

Simply Red 02-22-2014 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444887)
Long story short: I got in a hurry was backing up and didn't see one of my neighbors friends parked in the driveway and I clipped him. (me getting old and dumbassidity) Not much damage but marked his paint a little and crushed his plastic hubcap. Worst part about it was the dude was across the street in class while I was sitting there left to sweat it.

Anyway, I waited outside for him to get back, as I knew what my first reaction would be if I saw my car there like that, with insurance info in hand hoping I could afford to pay for it out of pocket rather than go through insurance.

About 30 minutes later a Saudi Arabian fellow come hopping along, stopped when he saw his car, and I ran out to him. His reaction "don't sweat it, the marks will buff right out and I was going to get some rims because I hated the hubcaps. I'm not mad, thank you for waiting to tell me."

I offered repeatedly to let me replace the damaged hub cap and repeatedly he refused. I didn't scratch the paint as I backed into him with my bad ass rear end of plastic but some paint did transfer.

Point is quite a few people would so take advantage of this but this dude didn't even want to hear about me trying to make it even.

Good on you to wait - You're an amazing human.

Hammock Parties 02-22-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10446405)
Yep. Lamar Hunt drove a Ford Fiesta. He thought spending money on cars was a huge waste of money, a sentiment many millionaires agree on.

The difference between the middle class and the upper class, car payments. Don't have them.

Cars are expensive enough with the maintenance, etc. already.

Rausch 02-22-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444887)

Didn't want to attract attention because he hasn't been activated yet...

Rain Man 02-22-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10446405)

A ford fiesta? Really?

ping2000 02-22-2014 09:33 AM

You are a knucklehead. Good thing his car bomb didn't go off when you hit him. If I was you, I would come out of the closet and admit you are gay. Just be sure to take your headphones off first before you jaywalk across the street if any cops from Austin are around.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10446540)
You are a knucklehead. Good thing his car bomb didn't go off when you hit him. If I was you, I would come out of the closet and admit you are gay. Just be sure to take your headphones off first before you jaywalk across the street if any cops from Austin are around.

Eat AIDS pussy fart.

ThaVirus 02-22-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10445561)

I agree.. But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10447211)
I agree.. But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

Crap I'm not sure I'd spend that on a house.

I'm what one would refer to as cheap.

ThaVirus 02-22-2014 05:04 PM

Yeah, I hate the term because it has such a negative connotation, but I've definitely been called cheap in my day.

I think it just boils down to what's important to you. I don't really give two shits about how my car looks, how fast it can goes, or how many superfluous features the designer was able to cram into it. All cars do the same shit- get you from point A to point B. I'd prefer mine do it as reliably and economically as possible as opposed to as sexy and quickly.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10447226)
Yeah, I hate the term because it has such a negative connotation, but I've definitely been called cheap in my day.

I think it just boils down to what's important to you. I don't really give two shits about how my car looks, how fast it can goes, or how many superfluous features the designer was able to cram into it. All cars do the same shit- get you from point A to point B. I'd prefer mine do it as reliably and economically as possible as opposed to as sexy and quickly.

Exactly. The acquisition of high priced toys are not a real priority to me.

ping2000 02-22-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10447204)
Eat AIDS pussy fart.

Lighten up Francis. Don't you even read the other threads? Damn, no sense of humor.

J Diddy 02-22-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10447262)
Lighten up Francis. Don't you even read the other threads? Damn, no sense of humor.

Oh it was totally tic. I heard someone call another a pussy fart today and thought that it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I stole it. :)

ping2000 02-22-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10447289)
Oh it was totally tic. I heard someone call another a pussy fart today and thought that it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I stole it. :)

10-4. I'm going to put my headphones on now and listen to some Ted Nugent.

kysirsoze 02-22-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10447262)

Is this your thing? Making weird, somewhat joke-like posts and telling them to "Lighten up Francis"? This is at least the second time I've seen this play out. Just curious. Would be a pretty funny posting persona.

listopencil 02-22-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10445267)
Pics?

No, I just ate the pizza. It wasn't anything special and I didn't make it myself.

Rasputin 02-22-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444927)

Pay it forward. Be generous and forgiving next time someone does something that you would be owed for.

boogblaster 02-22-2014 08:14 PM

Good deeds are still heart-warming .....

ping2000 02-22-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 10447670)
Is this your thing? Making weird, somewhat joke-like posts and telling them to "Lighten up Francis"? This is at least the second time I've seen this play out. Just curious. Would be a pretty funny posting persona.

Lighten . . . Oh never mind.