ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298696)

jiveturkey 01-02-2017 03:52 PM

This was one of the best SW movies. I love how dark it was and the final scene with Vader was the best Vader scene in any of the movies. He should get a stand along at some point to show off all of the dark shit he did.

JD10367 01-02-2017 05:28 PM

Finally saw this. Great film but, jesus, it made "Schindler's List" look like a comedy. Instead of "Rogue One" it should've been called "Five To One", because--like the Doors song--no one here gets out alive.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 12656804)
Finally saw this. Great film but, jesus, it made "Schindler's List" look like a comedy. Instead of "Rogue One" it should've been called "Five To One", because--like the Doors song--no one here gets out alive.

When one of our main protagonists straight up murders one of his allies at the beginning of the film, you knew you were watching a far, far different movie than we've seen.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2017 06:23 PM

In other Star Wars related news, I heard in the past few days that Lucasfilm is going to push the Han Solo stand alone from May 2018 to December 2018.

I think that makes sense and allows Miller and Lord make the best movie possible without rushing.

It should be an annual holiday event, IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-02-2017 06:28 PM

Ackbar was originally in the early Imperial Navy or he had some connection to the Imperial Navy on his home world, Mon Cal. He may have been a liaison between the Empire and the military force of the planet itself.
When Vader learned that he had defected to the Alliance, taking a lot of valuable information with him, Vader dubbed him a "traitorous fish".
LMAO

Discuss Thrower 01-02-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12656487)
(I'm assuming the A-Wing and the Snow Speeder have roughly the same level firepower)

An A-Wing can carry torpedo or concussion missile launchers in addition to its laser cannons; the speeder only had bolt-on laser cannons.

BigRedChief 01-02-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12656884)
In other Star Wars related news, I heard in the past few days that Lucasfilm is going to push the Han Solo stand alone from May 2018 to December 2018.

I think that makes sense and allows Miller and Lord make the best movie possible without rushing.

whos Hans Solo?

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12657286)
whos Hans Solo?

Alden Ehrenreich. Spielberg found him at a Bar Mitzvah back around 2009.

Donald Glover is Lando Calrissian.

Kman34 01-02-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 12655947)
Thanks guys ....going at 12:30 to see it in 2D... I'll let you know if it sucked...:)

So....I enjoyed the show..the only thing that bugged me is for a time I thought I was watching a WWII movie because the resistance fighter with the french accent ... Not sure why all these movies have to have actors with European accents. Is that how Lucus thinks aliens on other planets that look like us sound?? Didn't bug me enough not to like it though..

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 12657358)
So....I enjoyed the show..the only thing that bugged me is for a time I thought I was watching a WWII movie because the resistance fighter with the french accent ... Not sure why all these movies have to have actors with European accents. Is that how Lucus thinks aliens on other planets that look like us sound?? Didn't bug me enough not to like it though..

Lucas had no part in this film, as he sold the company in 2012.

Cassian Andor, played by Mexican actor Diego Luna, isn't French, he's Mexican.

Kman34 01-02-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12657365)

Ok... I have been corrected...he sounded French to me...

Al Bundy 01-02-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12657365)

I thought I recognized him from Dirty Dancing : Havana Nights.

Great Expectations 01-02-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

I love this tradition. I watched VII on Christmas Day with my two young boys. This year we were able to go to Rogue One, my wife is now a fan. It's helped that the movies have been great. Before actually viewing the last two I was most excited for the Solo show, but. Think Rogue One will go down as the best in the SW universe when it's all said and done. If the music was on point it would be one of the best movies ever.

okcchief 01-02-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Red Brooklyn 01-03-2017 09:32 AM

This movie held up well to a second viewing. Still emotional. Still visceral. Some things were clearer. The movie felt faster the second time, too. Which was weird. But, yeah, I'm comfortable calling this the best Star Wars film since Empire.