ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution: JJ Abrams, SciFi, Post-Apocalypse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255936)

NewChief 09-19-2012 04:37 AM

The review I read was pretty bad, but it went after the logic of the show more than anything.

oldandslow 09-19-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8926983)
The review I read was pretty bad, but it went after the logic of the show more than anything.

Honestly, it wasn't terrible TV. And there just isn't much from the Scifi genre to choose from, so I will keep watching.

The ratings were good, so maybe the show will last for awhile.

Having said that, I so miss Battlestar Galactica, DS9, and even Lost. I have high hopes for Last Resort on Thursday, but I don't see how they keep the story line going.

PhillyChiefFan 09-20-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8926474)
Agreed. The electricity went out, plane went down - blew up, then boom 15 years later.

WTF.

Yea, I kind of thought that the immediate aftermath would have made an entire season. Explaining how the Militia and regions came to be, etc.

Maybe that's still coming, kind of like flashbacks in Lost. Who knows with Abrams.

007 09-20-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 8929726)
Yea, I kind of thought that the immediate aftermath would have made an entire season. Explaining how the Militia and regions came to be, etc.

Maybe that's still coming, kind of like flashbacks in Lost. Who knows with Abrams.

Just wait for the flashforwards.

Frazod 09-20-2012 11:30 PM

I'm watching the pilot now. First thing I notice is how everybody has nice clothes, is well groomed and basically look like models. Yeah, that would happen in a post-apocalyptic world. LMAO

Not terribly impressed so far. It should at least be better than The Postman. So far, it isn't.

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2012 11:36 PM

This show has so many holes.

LMAO

How did she send that IM? Who is running the network for the internet?

There is fire but combustion engines don't work?

notorious 09-20-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932319)
I'm watching the pilot now. First thing I notice is how everybody has nice clothes, is well groomed and basically look like models. Yeah, that would happen in a post-apocalyptic world. LMAO

Not terribly impressed so far. It should at least be better than The Postman. So far, it isn't.

Did you watch it with me and my wife? We both noticed the exact same thing.

Just like Falling Skies and Walking Dead, they missed a fantastic opportunity to build the characters while showing the chaos after things shut down.

notorious 09-20-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8932322)
This show has so many holes.

LMAO

How did she send that IM? Who is running the network for the internet?

There is fire but combustion engines don't work?

Last time I checked a bullet or musket needs to ignite in order to fire it. Physics not working anymore is going to take some explaining.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2012 11:51 PM

I knew this would be the dumbest show of all time.

And people have the gall criticize Manimal.

Tsk, tsk.

Frazod 09-20-2012 11:51 PM

Finished the pilot. Very Lost-ish. And unfortunately, I remember how Lost strung us along for years and then ended in a mind-numbing train wreck.

Against my better judgment, I'll check out the next episode, but I'm reminded of the definition of insanity. :banghead:

Frazod 09-20-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8932332)

Just like Falling Skies and Walking Dead, they missed a fantastic opportunity to build the characters while showing the chaos after things shut down.

Good to know that the survivors still have easy access to toothpaste, orthodontists, stylists, shampoo and the clothing department of JCPenney. :D

KevB 09-20-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932346)
Good to know that the survivors still have easy access to toothpaste, orthodontists, stylists, shampoo and the clothing department of JCPenney. :D

More like Abercrombie

NJChiefsFan 09-20-2012 11:57 PM

I thought it was alright. Not great, but if I had the second episode taped I would have watched it after the first. I don't really have an issues with planes falling, assuming there is an eventual real answer for it. I would say the lack of guns would be due to not being able to make extra bullets and the control of them by the Militia.

Some things seemed a little to thin or straight forward, which is a little concerning. Lacking layers is usually what kills end of the world shows. Hopefully the flashbacks will be a comfort to an J.J. show. The necklace/memory card thing, black woman, and that network seems a little interesting anyway.

I think the turning point on whether its a good show or not are going to be the memory card/network and how deep the Militita guys story angle is. I am not annoyed by any of the main characters which is a good start.

notorious 09-20-2012 11:58 PM

Gus was pretty good, though. That man can act.

NJChiefsFan 09-20-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8932332)

Walking Dead did fail to do enough with that, but if this show lasts I doubt they pass up on it. I would imagine J.J. is planning to explain it like he did on Lost if given the time.