ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pope Benedict to resign at the end of the month (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269901)

BigRedChief 02-11-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9393284)
He's being forced out this is the excuse...

Did he cover up some priests molesting kids?

Skyy God 02-11-2013 09:13 AM

Language filters are ghey

Skyy God 02-11-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9393297)
Did he cover up some priests molesting kids?

Big time. May be related to the LA diocese lawsuit.

houstonwhodat 02-11-2013 09:56 AM

Maybe he's going to lead a Boy Scout troop.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2013 10:00 AM

Teo will convert to Catholicism and be elected in short order.

Rausch 02-11-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9393279)
Germany is the new France. Another surrender.

See?

This is why when the CP illuminati meets you don't get ****ing apricots added to the desert menu...:#

(No, I don't care how much Kevin protests!)

BigRedChief 02-11-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9393321)
Big time. May be related to the LA diocese lawsuit.

I wonder what the % of preists didnt participate in the coverup of molestation of kids?

Jenson71 02-11-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9393431)
I wonder what the % of preists didnt participate in the coverup of molestation of kids?

That really depends on how you define "participate." If you mean they knew of the allegations and did not go to the police, then a huge percentage. If you mean they actively abused kids or assigned them to a different assignment, then it's a very small amount.

Consider an average Catholic high school in 1961, with 8-15 priests on staff. I don't think it's outrageous that 1/3 of all Catholic high schools had some incidence of abuse. If there was an allegation, the parents would tell the principal (a priest) [note: many abused children did not go forward, understandably, because of embarrassment or fear], who would tell the Archdiocese (priests), and the priest would most often be sent away soon after or given a handslap/verbal reprimand and told not to do it again or else.

But I have to imagine that all of the priests on staff would have known of the allegation, especially if a week after, Fr. _____ was gone.

BigRedChief 02-11-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9393487)
That really depends on how you define "participate." If you mean they knew of the allegations and did not go to the police, then a huge percentage. If you mean they actively abused kids or assigned them to a different assignment, then it's a very small amount.

If you knew children are being sexually abused and you don't notify authorities, is that not a crime?

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9393499)
If you knew children are being sexually abused and you don't notify authorities, is that not a crime?

Ask Penn State's QB coach.

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 10:44 AM

On a personal note, I am Catholic. I loved going to mass.

I can't bring myself to really celebrate as a Catholic anymore, and I certainly have stopped all monetary donations to the Church.

I just can't accept that my money would go towards the comfortable lifestyle of a child molester, or that it might be used to fund hateful anti-gay-marriage propaganda.

That's not what I believe, and I just can't support it.

I look forward to the day when the Catholic church has purged itself of their corruption, but I think that day is a long way off.

The sad thing is that, no matter the religious institution, it is populated with human beings and is thus utterly corruptible at every level. I think the first step towards a "clean" church is transparency. Complete and total transparency.

Rausch 02-11-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9393526)

After this you have no validity...

Just Passin' By 02-11-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9393526)

I can't bring myself to really celebrate as a Catholic anymore, and I certainly have stopped all monetary donations to the Church.

I just can't accept that my money would go towards the comfortable lifestyle of a child molester, or that it might be used to fund hateful anti-gay-marriage propaganda.

That's not what I believe, and I just can't support it.

I look forward to the day when the Catholic church has purged itself of their corruption, but I think that day is a long way off.

The sad thing is that, no matter the religious institution, it is populated with human beings and is thus utterly corruptible at every level. I think the first step towards a "clean" church is transparency. Complete and total transparency.

Since public schools have done the same thing, have you stopped paying your taxes? It's the principle, after all, right?

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9393534)
After this you have no validity...

Okay thx

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9393536)
Since public schools have done the same thing, have you stopped paying your taxes? It's the principle, after all, right?

Bad analogy is bad.