ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game: Week 3, KC 24 - LA 10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310309)

siberian khatru 09-24-2017 07:09 PM

George post games are the best, win or lose

Easy 6 09-24-2017 07:21 PM

#10 - I get tuned up about what they're kneeling about, more than the act itself, but I love what you say there... theres a middle ground to be found that both sides are missing IMO

#9 - Honestly never, ever heard of a better all encompassing word for what Rivers has been to us through the years... a bad case of jock itch that hangs around way too long

#8 through #5 - couldnt watch it, nor listen to it, but thats an incredible job of calling the game after the game... my need for knowledge of what went down, and how, today is satisfied

#4 - Cant wait to see Clays media dump this week, strictly for Hunt... he was a very well regarded prospect but damn, I bet no one expected this

The rest - Mitchell continues to justify my faith in him, he isnt a gifted natural but plays with grit, and a short memory... and what the hells going on out there with the penalties this year?

Thanks as always, 8 through 5 really helped me see how it all unfolded

dannybcaitlyn 09-24-2017 07:23 PM

Thanks George

Deberg_1990 09-24-2017 07:23 PM

Phyliss might be the most overrated QB ever. He makes sooo many mistakes. The Bolts need to dump him and move on.

jLoy88 09-24-2017 07:31 PM

One thing to add; Phyliss wasn't bitching about not going for it on 4th and 10. He was bitching because he got them to the 34 yard line and they still had to punt the ball instead of attempt a 51 yarder. 51 yard field goals in the NFL should be the bare minimum for any NFL leg. They just happen to have a complete dumpster fire of a kicker with no confidence.

Kman34 09-24-2017 07:39 PM

Thanks Mr Blowfish...Andy needs to ride the Hunt horse and not get cute with the play calling...

mnchiefsguy 09-24-2017 07:53 PM

Thanks George.

Chiefs overcame some bad play and penalties and got the win on a Sunday when a lot of good teams lost.

Buehler445 09-24-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13103437)
Phyliss might be the most overrated QB ever. He makes sooo many mistakes. The Bolts need to dump him and move on.

Yeah. It's getting worse. It's like he doesn't care anymore and he's just going to chuck it.

BryanBusby 09-24-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 13103436)
Thanks George

This

HemiEd 09-24-2017 07:56 PM

Great write up as usual George, thanks.

They mentioned during the broadcast that the Chiefs are the number one tackling team in the NFL, and if I understood correctly, prior to this game only had 3 missed tackles.

Now I know why when watching the Lions today, I was saying to myself how bad they are at tackling.

splatbass 09-24-2017 07:56 PM

Good read, I agree with all of it.

Deberg_1990 09-24-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13103568)
Yeah. It's getting worse. It's like he doesn't care anymore and he's just going to chuck it.

They are sort of hamstrung by him. They won't win a damn thing until he's gone but no one running the organization has the stones to let him go.

CaliforniaChief 09-24-2017 08:13 PM

Thanks George! And next Monday, I'll be at Arrowhead with you with my family!

Tribesman 09-24-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13103381)
George post games are the best, win or lose

This.
Great write up as usual, George!

scho63 09-24-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13103251)
Ten Things About Today’s Game, Week 3 KC 24 LA 10

10. [That’s all I have to say about that.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qvdB9ZycS3c/hqdefault.jpg

9. I was afraid this was going to be one of those Chargers games where we gave Phyllis one too many chances, we’d give up a late DPI and either lose on a two point conversion, or lose in OT.
I posted in the game thread did anyone think the Chargers would go for 2 points if they scored before Hunt's TD run. I felt something bad but I was gladly wrong!

8. The stupid penalties start to bubble up for KC: Ford hits Phyllis low, gets a roughing penalty, Chargers score on the next play. Then KC goes into a penalty marred shell for most of the game.
I think that was a bullshit penalty. Got him in the thigh, not below the knees.

5. Andy gets cute, tries a fake punt at midfield, but Zombo blows his block on the edge and Albert Wilson gets tackled way short.
Zombo is USELESS even on special teams.

4. Kareem Hunt is the offensive player of the game.
Recurring theme! :clap:

3. The penalties were the only thing keeping LA in the game. Offensive line gave up five sacks, which is going to get Alex hurt if they don’t clean it up. Biggest stat comparison today was LA three turnovers, KC zero, although West came close to a disastrous cough up in the second half.
There was a lot of ugly today and this summarizes it pretty damn well. The only thing we didn't do today was have a lot of drops.
Alex was nearly sacked another 3-4 times as well. Pressure all day.

2. Defensive star of the game was Terrence Mitchell.
He had a much, much better game but he still is having immense problems getting turned around on the ball. Gaines and Murray are having the same problem.

1. Andy has got to get a handle on the penalties in all phases, including another dumb unsportsmanlike penalty by a player (Peters this time).
10+ penalties and over 100 yards average a game for first three games is brutal! That's over 300 yards you have given up not including any declined ones or two on the same play. FIX THAT SHIT ANDY!

Big picture: KC has now won 25 of the last 29 regular season games, and the Donks lost today.
Really incredible streak! That's by far the best in the league by 4 or 5 games.

Let’s enjoy it tonight and then get ready for our next prime time showcase, which should be the ultimate “piss off the PC crowd,” Chiefs versus the Redskins. Is the chop off limits next week? Just asking….
Even if I was still in DC area I doubt I would go to the game. The PC crap has really turned me of to giving money to these guys.

Thanks much GBlowfish and I had an awful feeling around the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter feeling we were going to get Rivered like in the past but Hunt saved us from that outcome.

4-0 Seems like it's in the bag as we always play the Skins hard in Arrowhead. :clap::clap::clap::clap: