ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

OnTheWarpath15 03-19-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9513088)
Alex Smyth will be lucky to make an AFC Championship in KC.

He'll never win a Super Bowl.

He'll be lucky to win a playoff game unless we build a Top 5 defense.

UK_Chief 03-19-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosie (Post 9501007)
sorry but I just can't do it. The Alex Smith trade was literally a kick in the nuts. Wanted Geno so bad and now we're stuck with a avg QB. Sigh

Literally? :doh!:

Iowanian 03-19-2013 08:50 AM

With so much contact with Aids trees, I would have anticipated a lot higher positive results.

The cocktail must be working.

splatbass 03-19-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosie (Post 9501007)
sorry but I just can't do it. The Alex Smith trade was literally a kick in the nuts. Wanted Geno so bad and now we're stuck with a avg QB. Sigh

I just don't see why so many people had such an emotional stake in Geno Smith. It was never very likely we would take him, whether with Pioli/Crennel or Dorsey/Reid. Why you guys convinced yourselves that he would be the one is beyond me.

Hell, I doubt if Dorsey and Reid know at this point who they are going to take, but you guys thought you knew way back in October when you didn't even know who the GM and coach would be? That makes no sense.

If you want to get your hopes up over a pipe dream then flip out when it doesn't happen that is your choice, but seems like a waste to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9513061)
Pump yo brakes, son.

Hellz nah, that boy is right!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2013 09:21 AM

Alice will nevar hoist a Lamar Hunt trophy. He will however, continue the fine tradition of mediocrity that said trophy's namesake has become associated with though. So there's that.
Posted via Mobile Device

WhiteWhale 03-19-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9512182)
But here's the thing .. if the Chiefs win a SB with Alex at QB, it will be IN SPITE of, not BECAUSE of .....

Hypothetically speaking (PURELY hypothetical) if Alex throws for 4,000+ yards and 25+ TD's with 15 or fewer INT's during a playoff season... and then say throws 7 TD's and 1 INT along with about 800 yards in 3 playoff games would you still say that?

Now I don't think there's a snowflake's chance in hell of that happening, but if KC wins a superbowl Smith is going to have to play at a higher level than he ever has. I don't think you CAN win a superbowl with the Trent Dilfer's of the world anymore.

htismaqe 03-19-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9513258)
get your hopes up over a pipe dream

The definition of "Chiefs fan".

Rasputin 03-19-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9513082)
Sorry but this is complete and utter bullshit.

EVERYBODY was hoping for the BEST.

The Chiefs just never deliver.

It's a giant disapoint. Now in hopes for glory days we have to wait for something to happen to Alex Smiff that the coaches see that he isn't the answer or gets hurt & the back up comes in to save the day. I have hope for the team to be good but much like the Cassell era he holds the team back from anything of good.

guitarmy21b 03-19-2013 11:25 AM

I'm in. I was actually excited when I heard about the Smith trade(although I agree they gave up too much). I'm not sold on Geno or any other QB as a #1 pick. With the our defense & running game, we don't really need anything more than a game manager for a QB, and while people say that's what we had with Cassel...the difference is Alex is a GOOD game manager that doesn't turn the ball over much, and can actually complete a mid range pass from time to time. Alex can keep the turnovers down and keep the offense on the field. That's really all the difference the team needs. The fact that they've brought in some good FA's is just sprinkles on top. I know Alex isn't the exciting choice that everyone wants, but I have faith that he can continue playing at the same level as he has for the past 2 seasons, and will bring the team back into the playoffs.

KCSPORTSNUT 03-19-2013 12:04 PM

You know i'm cautiously optimistic for one reason-This game manager,not elite,can't throw deep etc etc etc is the same things they said about Rich Gannon before he went to the frickin Raiders. So i'm going to watch this change of scenery for Smith and Reid really and see what comes of it. Because i know Dorsey and Reid both will after getting things straightened out here in this First year will draft QB's and hope they hit on gold.Go Chiefs

Beeker 03-19-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9513375)
Hypothetically speaking (PURELY hypothetical) if Alex throws for 4,000+ yards and 25+ TD's with 15 or fewer INT's during a playoff season... and then say throws 7 TD's and 1 INT along with about 800 yards in 3 playoff games would you still say that?

Now I don't think there's a snowflake's chance in hell of that happening, but if KC wins a superbowl Smith is going to have to play at a higher level than he ever has. I don't think you CAN win a superbowl with the Trent Dilfer's of the world anymore.

I didn't make myself clear in the original post. It was meant to be extremely sarcastic, and as a take on how most CP posters would view it.

AlexSmithDynasty 03-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9513463)
It's a giant disapoint. Now in hopes for glory days we have to wait for something to happen to Alex Smiff that the coaches see that he isn't the answer or gets hurt & the back up comes in to save the day. I have hope for the team to be good but much like the Cassell era he holds the team back from anything of good.

LOL this is too funny. Chiefs fan: Complains about team always signing other team's backup to start, then hope he gets hurt so his backup can start.

BigRedChief 03-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9513617)
I'm in. I was actually excited when I heard about the Smith trade(although I agree they gave up too much). I'm not sold on Geno or any other QB as a #1 pick. With the our defense & running game, we don't really need anything more than a game manager for a QB, and while people say that's what we had with Cassel...the difference is Alex is a GOOD game manager that doesn't turn the ball over much, and can actually complete a mid range pass from time to time. Alex can keep the turnovers down and keep the offense on the field. That's really all the difference the team needs. The fact that they've brought in some good FA's is just sprinkles on top. I know Alex isn't the exciting choice that everyone wants, but I have faith that he can continue playing at the same level as he has for the past 2 seasons, and will bring the team back into the playoffs.

You anywhere near Tampa. If so, you should come watch the games with our Chiefs fan group.

DaneMcCloud 03-20-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9513451)
The definition of "Chiefs fan".

**** off, Dickhead.

You have no business and no right to decide who is a Chiefs fan and who is not, let alone, the "definition".