ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2014 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275310)

Nightfyre 01-10-2014 12:23 PM

Another good pickup would definitely be DRC. He would bring some speed and man coverage skills.

RealSNR 01-10-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10359296)
Eric Berry isn't a free safety. No how, no way. He's a front end box strong safety. Maybe the best in the NFL, but he's not a free safety in any shape or form.

He's got the hyper athleticism that says he could be, but he's not.

Forget about this option.

Personally, I wouldn't mind either Flowers or Sean Smith at free safety. Flowers hits like a truck, relishes it in fact, and we all know he can cover. He was basically playing the nickel/second free safety spot in the zone the last part of the season while Cooper picked up the outside. (Personally, I feel that his injury and subsequent lack of presence in the Colts playoff game was the biggest detriment to the Chiefs in that game.)

And I thought the Chiefs should have looked at Sean Smith as a free safety coming out of college.

And we have the enigmatic Sanders Commings, who you can lump into the Travis Kelce pile. All the talent in the world, but are we ever going to see any of it at Arrowhead. Commings is fast as shit, hits like a loaded blackjack and can cover. However, he's had injuries that haven't let him see the field. Potential is there to have him start as early as next year, pushing Lewis into third option dime defensive back and making Dunta Robinson a ghost.

As well, Abdullah, who fell off NFL radars because of his year long religious sabbatical, can play. He has a very good feel for the ball in coverage and is willing to come up and make the big hit.

Like the tight end position and Kelce, if Commings is 100% by the start of 2014, the safety position doesn't need to be addressed. Berry, Commings, Abdullah, Demps and Lewis is a solid rotation (and you could throw Flowers into that mix if you want). I'd love to see them try to get McDougald back from the Bucs as well, as I thought he looked better than any other safety on roster in the preseason.

And I think that Byrd is a pipe dream. Much like Dennis Pitta at Baltimore, there is no way that the Bills are going to let him walk. He's their favorite son on a defense that's loaded with talent.

Now, however, I would love to see the Chiefs pick up Dennis Pitta and Jarius Byrd in free agency and have both position absolutely loaded, however both are gong to be very expensive and both will most likely be recipients of a franchise tag if a deal isn't worked out.

Racist.

Saccopoo 01-10-2014 01:03 PM

Newly updated to reflect potential needs after the playoff loss to the Colts.

RunKC 01-10-2014 01:15 PM

I like the WR's Sac but I think we need a pass rushing presence up front to support the front 7. The D was good when we had pressure.

I like stephon Tuitt a lot in the first round

The Franchise 01-10-2014 01:43 PM

I know WR is a need but spending our first 2 picks would be monumentally stupid. They aren't both going to come in and produce at a high level. This team needs a DE who can actually bring pressure and another OLB who can help out Hali and Houston. Not to mention a safety....unless you think that Commings or Abdullah is going to fill that void.

I would rather sign a WR in FA and then take one in the 3rd round.....like Cooks. Sign Cooper and put Cooks in the slot. With your two.....your keeping what WRs? Bowe, Beckham, Coleman, Avery and McCluster?

Saccopoo 01-10-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10359477)
I like the WR's Sac but I think we need a pass rushing presence up front to support the front 7. The D was good when we had pressure.

I like stephon Tuitt a lot in the first round

There is no chance in hell that Tuitt is there when the Chiefs pick. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nyet. Bupkis. You get the idea.

It really all depends on what they want to do with Tyson Jackson. I think he's turned into a pretty solid five tech DE, with a real emphasis on run support. He will get to the passer, but rarely. And the guy is a behemoth with experience in the system and NFL. And he's just entering his prime and will most likely not be too expensive on the free agent market. I'd even expect to see him get a deal done with the team earlier rather than later.

As well, I think that Allen Bailey really turned in a solid performance in 2013 and was very effective in collapsing the pocket. He's not as tall as either Jackson or someone like Tuitt, but he's a freaking load as he's bull strong.

In addition, I do like Catapano. Like Bailey, he's extremely strong. If he can put on another 10-20 lbs. of useable mass, you've got yourselves a real option there as well.

I think they are okay at the five tech if they sign Jackson to a relatively reasonable deal.

My biggest concern on the defensive line is/was the lack of rotation at the NT spot. I'm still wondering why a guy like Powe wasn't in on the rotation while they seemed happy to ride Dontari into the ground like a Leadville mule. In fact, if Sutton would employ a little more of the 46 defense (and I know he knows it and runs it), putting Poe out at LDE with Powe at NT, I think that it would pay immense dividends, especially on first and second down situations.

That would even allow you to then use Jackson as your NT with Bailey/Catapano as your other set down lineman on third down sub packages versus keeping Poe in the game for every single snap for an entire season.

But what do I know...

Saccopoo 01-10-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10359522)
I know WR is a need but spending our first 2 picks would be monumentally stupid. They aren't both going to come in and produce at a high level. This team needs a DE who can actually bring pressure and another OLB who can help out Hali and Houston. Not to mention a safety....unless you think that Commings or Abdullah is going to fill that void.

In terms of the DE postion, see my previous post.

The Gayle pick addresses the OLB position. Zimmerman the safety spot. And you keep/resign Lewis and Abdullah. Demps is gone as KO return duties are taken over by Beckham.

Quote:

I would rather sign a WR in FA and then take one in the 3rd round.....like Cooks. Sign Cooper and put Cooks in the slot. With your two.....your keeping what WRs? Bowe, Beckham, Coleman, Avery and McCluster?
The problem is, there isn't many viable options at the wide receiver position in free agency as it relates to the Chiefs with Dwayne Bowe eating up that much cap space. Riley Cooper appears to be the best of the bunch, understands the offense and runs good routes with good hands and still has some gas in the tank. I'd be shocked if he isn't on the Chiefs next season actually understanding the needs of the team, Reid's familiarity with him, etc. I think he'd be a really nice addition. (Shit, he made less money than Chad Hall did this past season.)

Beckham is a better option than Cooks at the same position and Coleman's upside is simply too much to ignore. They were only running Bowe, McCluster and Avery last season anyway.

If you draft Beckham and sign Cooper, I'd show Avery the door. Avery was a complete liability with his hands and doesn't know how/can't run any other route other than simple post patterns.

If it were me, this is what it would look like:

Bowe
Cooper
McCluster
Beckham
Coleman

Coleman's potential/ceiling is simply too much to ignore and he can learn the system as the #5 guy, who doesn't seem that much action, if any, in this offense anyway. He's middle ground between a Calvin Johnson and Jon Baldwin, and I think his upside is way more towards Megatron versus his downside going towards Busto Baldwin. And, like I said, you can use him in that flex TE/slot position as well. The payoff could be absolutely huge with a guy like that.

Direckshun 01-10-2014 02:42 PM

Please don't compare anybody to Calvin Johnson.

Kind regards,

Direckshun

The Franchise 01-10-2014 02:45 PM

You just advocated giving Kendrick Lewis a new contract. You're dead to me.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10359641)

Kind regards,

Direckshun

http://ktgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2...4-681x1024.jpg

Mav 01-10-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10359673)

I haven't watched a ton of him. I saw more Josh Gordon/ Andre Johnson in him though.

Calvin. Hes just a different animal period.

Mav 01-10-2014 03:33 PM

Coleman went to Virginia?

What the hell is doing in two separate videos wearing Rutgers GEAR.

Someone is going to be NO HAPPY. ROFL

Saccopoo 01-10-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10359641)

Kind regards,

Direckshun

You silly goose. I specifically said he wasn't Megatron. Right now, he's in the large grey area between Johnson and Baldwin - guys with size and potential, and who has achieved potential and who has not.

Coleman definitely has the size and the potential. As I stated, he most likely would have been a top half, first round draft pick next year as all the top juniors seem to have declared. And unlike Baldwin, Coleman is incredibly effective in coming off the line against press coverage (something that Baldwin was flat out horrible at).

Huge ceiling with the guy.

Saccopoo 01-10-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10359851)
Coleman went to Virginia?

What the hell is doing in two separate videos wearing Rutgers GEAR.

Someone is going to be NO HAPPY. ROFL

Thank you for noticing.

Ass.

aturnis 01-12-2014 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10359660)
You just advocated giving Kendrick Lewis a new contract. You're dead to me.

This.