ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Mike Rice: Video of Rutgers Coach Assaulting Players and Throwing Balls At Their Head (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271698)

Bump 04-02-2013 05:59 PM

I was watching the interview with the Rutgers Athletic Director. They were pwning the shit out of him. At one point his voice was trembling. He seemed like a big douche and kept saying "this is a first offense" FIRST OFFENSE? It went on for 2 years, but he kept saying first offense. **** that guy and **** rutgers.

Simplicity 04-02-2013 06:03 PM

Rutgers really don't like their athletes. First paralyzing them, now trying to kill them during practice.... If I was the 6'5 Black stud, I would've decked him then transferred.

Molitoth 04-02-2013 06:17 PM

What a douche move, If I was his boss I'd ban him for 3 days.

-King- 04-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9550860)
Rutgers really don't like their athletes. First paralyzing them, now trying to kill them during practice.... If I was the 6'5 Black stud, I would've decked him then transferred.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I wonder what that old guy was saying.

RedDread 04-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9550860)

That's what really sucks about this. If there's no video proof and no players step up to complain, all that gets out is you punching your coach. You're blackballed from the NCAA.

Rutgers has to fire him, but not necessarily because of what he did. They have to fire him because no one in their right mind would ever ****ing play there.

Simplicity 04-02-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9550919)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I wonder what that old guy was saying.

I think it was "you are a jackass!" my guess, :D

CrazyPhuD 04-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9550539)
Patches O'Houlihan likes this

:clap:

The pussification of america continues!!!:cuss::D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OnL_4QCODEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief 04-02-2013 07:08 PM

I like how at the end he fires a ball at a player and the assistant hands him another ball. Rofl. Dude needs to be fired.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2013 07:22 PM

I'm surprised they commented on him firing a basketball at a guy's head and not throwing a missile at a guy's balls.

I really don't care about coaches that are tough. I have a ton of respect for Bobby Knight. This video pisses me off because this guy thinks this is actual coaching.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2013 07:32 PM

To add fire to fire, looks like the whistleblower got fired. And now he's going to file a wrongful termination suit. Guess what? He's going to win and Rutgers is going to pay him a very nice settlement.

Lots of stupidity here. This goes beyond the coach.

ChiTown 04-04-2013 01:56 PM

http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809E.../04/afikpw.gif

frankotank 04-04-2013 02:36 PM

I was listening to 96.5 yesterday and they were saying that these players are adults and could have / should have done something about it and not put up with that crap. kinda pissed me off for a few reasons...

now I know errabody ain't gonna agree with me...but....

#1 - their scholarships are at risk if you make too many waves
#2 - an 18 - 21 year old MALE, while legally an adult, for the most part are still immature kids. these guys are still KIDS. 18 -21 year old KIDS. being bullied by an adult.

honestly I do believe if a coach tries the same crap in high school, one of those high school players is gonna beat his ass.

NewChief 04-04-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9557074)
I was listening to 96.5 yesterday and they were saying that these players are adults and could have / should have done something about it and not put up with that crap. kinda pissed me off for a few reasons...

now I know errabody ain't gonna agree with me...but....

#1 - their scholarships are at risk if you make too many waves
#2 - an 18 - 21 year old MALE, while legally an adult, for the most part are still immature kids. these guys are still KIDS. 18 -21 year old KIDS. being bullied by an adult.

honestly I do believe if a coach tries the same crap in high school, one of those high school players is gonna beat his ass.

People saying that are assholes who don't understand the dynamics of these sorts of situations. It's a person of greater power abusing people entrusted into his care and of lesser power. The ages don't matter.

It could be a 23 year old boss treating 50 year old subordinates like that. It doesn't matter, it's inexcusable.

frankotank 04-04-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9557089)
People saying that are assholes who don't understand the dynamics of these sorts of situations. It's a person of greater power abusing people entrusted into his care and of lesser power. The ages don't matter.

It could be a 23 year old boss treating 50 year old subordinates like that. It doesn't matter, it's inexcusable.

I agree...it's just even more sickening imo in this instance since in a way....it's an adult picking on kids. and the kids are hamstrung by the need for the scholarship....if it weren't for that....ooooohhhh momma! he'da got his ass beat.

MahiMike 04-04-2013 02:45 PM

If Orson Wells was still alive, he'd say 'Big Brother is here and he is us'.