ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Rank alcohols for me. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318584)

BigBeauford 11-01-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13861226)
THC > all alcohol

Easy enough.

This for sure. Otherwise top shelf tequila is hard to beat.

Frosty 11-01-2018 11:52 AM

I will say that hard cider is this generation's wine coolers.

Kiimo 11-01-2018 11:53 AM

There's a severe lack of wine appreciation in this thread, by the way.

Then again I didn't really get into it much when I lived in Kansas either.

Now that wine country is a little over an hour drive away I've gotten into it and the whole culture is great.

The best thing about Solvang, for instance, is everyone shows up and starts the day all classy and sophisticated when they're tasting wine and by the end of the night everyone is hammered and stumbling all over town. It's pretty hilarious. Sideways nailed that experience.

In the morning you're eating cheese and having someone explain the tannins and the bouquet and by midnight you're running naked through an Ostrich farm.

InChiefsHeaven 11-01-2018 11:59 AM

I enjoy most all of the spirits. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to but I still partake.

I'm very partial to Bourbon, the most superior of whiskeys IMO. I do enjoy Irish and Scotch whiskey. I enjoy them most any time of the year. I like a good Canadian like Crown too.

When I go to the Chiefs game, it's spiced Rum and OJ with my steak and eggs on the grill.

On holiday dinners with the family, I'll always enjoy a nice red wine, Cabernet is my favorite, but there are a lot of reds that I like.

I like Vodka or Gin in a good martini...dry, up, two olives and a little dirty...

Beer, I do like the craft beers, but I really don't drink beer much at all these days. That's my son's department, he's always drinking some weird ass vanilla peanut butter neopolitan stout or something...some of them are pretty good though.

Fireball is not whiskey. It is shit.

TwistedChief 11-01-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13861295)
It just seems to me that if I go into some mega-rich Rothschild guy's mahogany-paneled library, and he opens up his 16th-century world globe and pours some drinks out of a decanter, there should be some type of alcohol that I'd expect and some type that surprises me. But I don't know which ones those would be.

Oh, Baron Rothschild! Well, why didn't you just say that? Last time I was at his castle he opened up that dumb globe and we drank some 50y-aged Highland Park (scotch) and 1980 Taylor Fladgate (port). Before heading out, his butler made me a Hemingway Daquiri (rum/maraschino liqueur) and then I shared some Boulevard Wheat (beer) with the guy who maintains his moat. Old Baron's wife and I then flirted over some 1979 Krug Clos du Mesnil (champagne), and although she implored me to spend the night, I had to get back to CP to find out who won the Ermines game. It was a grand time!

InChiefsHeaven 11-01-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13861413)
There's a severe lack of wine appreciation in this thread, by the way.

Then again I didn't really get into it much when I lived in Kansas either.

I found a local winery close to me here that makes a "Sagre Del Toro" or Bull's Blood that is fan-freaking-tastic.

tooge 11-01-2018 12:12 PM

Beer is the best. Always has been. Always will be. If it's a cold night, maybe, just maybe a Rusty Nail (scotch and drambuie) will warm me and put me to bed. Otherwise, people drink to get a buzz and pick their poison based on what they can mix it with to taste the best to them. Thats my experience anyhow, watching my buddies drink different concoctions.

But beer, wonderful beer has been there all along. It can be refreshing on a hot day, wash down a great dinner, or just provide the perfect buzz. And, best of all, at least for me, it's hard to drink beer to the point of feeling like crap the next day. I'd get too full.

So, Beer>>>>>all other alcohol

tooge 11-01-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13861426)
Oh, Baron Rothschild! Well, why didn't you just say that? Last time I was at his castle he opened up that dumb globe and we drank some 50y-aged Highland Park (scotch) and 1980 Taylor Fladgate (port). Before heading out, his butler made me a Hemingway Daquiri (rum/maraschino liqueur) and then I shared some Boulevard Wheat (beer) with the guy who maintains his moat. Old Baron's wife and I then flirted over some 1979 Krug Clos du Mesnil (champagne), and although she implored me to spend the night, I had to get back to CP to find out who won the Ermines game. It was a grand time!

You have to admit, the best part of the night was drinking the Boulevard Wheat by the moat.

Easy 6 11-01-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13861394)
I uh get a little nuts and then have a pretty bad hangover when I do nothing but whiskey.

I maintain much better with Vodka. Gin I have an intolerance with the sulfites and tequila makes me take my clothes off in public so it's mostly vodka for me.

I've always wondered if the idea that different alcohols affect people in different ways is all in my head or not... because I'm exactly like you when it comes to whiskeys and tequila

Been a looong time since I was whiskey drunk, but the memory remains... I was an absolute idiotic mess

And tequila is right there as well, it tends to make me chippy and aggressive

Nothing else I consume does that to me

bdj23 11-01-2018 12:19 PM

Rumpleminze until you are time traveling

Discuss Thrower 11-01-2018 12:27 PM

Depends totally on the context of why you're choosing to drink alcohol.

Having a nice steak? Bring on the cab sauvignon or pinot grigio noir in a pinch.

Celebrating something with a group of people? Decent champagne. Hungover as **** at Summit Grill on a Sunday morning? Cheap champagne and orange juice.

Smoking a cigar? Whisky or bourbon.

Hanging out a tailgate or backyard? Domestic or a light-flavored craft beer.

Self-loathing because you have 25,210 posts on a fan-run football team forum? Throw that Jager back you ****ing degen.

ClevelandBronco 11-01-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13861502)
Depends totally on the context of why you're choosing to drink alcohol.

Having a nice steak? Bring on the cab sauvignon or pinot grigio in a pinch.

Celebrating something with a group of people? Decent champagne. Hungover as **** at Summit Grill on a Sunday morning? Cheap champagne and orange juice.

Smoking a cigar? Whisky or bourbon.

Hanging out a tailgate or backyard? Domestic or a light-flavored craft beer.

Self-loathing because you have 25,210 posts on a fan-run football team forum? Throw that Jager back you ****ing degen.

Waking up in a puddle of vomit and piss behind a downtown dumpster?

Discuss Thrower 11-01-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13861505)
Waking up in a puddle of vomit and piss behind a downtown dumpster?

Hand sanitizer.

ptlyon 11-01-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13861469)
I've always wondered if the idea that different alcohols affect people in different ways is all in my head or not... because I'm exactly like you when it comes to whiskeys and tequila

Been a looong time since I was whiskey drunk, but the memory remains... I was an absolute idiotic mess

And tequila is right there as well, it tends to make me chippy and aggressive

Nothing else I consume does that to me

Oh there definitely is. Have a friend when she drinks Jack she gets argumentative. Another on vodka does the same.

A few of us were talking about how different alcohols affect different people. One was a bartender. He said he liked the warm buzz of wine. I then asked him why he usually drinks southern comfort. He responded that it makes him smart and witty.

Bump 11-01-2018 12:37 PM

1. Beer
2. Whiskey/bourbon
3. Scotch
4. Vodka

don't really drink anything else, although its very rare that I do drink in the first place these days but that's what I drink when it happens.