ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2013 CP Mock Draft Discussion Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269412)

The Franchise 01-28-2013 01:08 PM

2013 CP Mock Draft Discussion Thread

2013 Participants:
ChiefsCountry - Raiders, Cowboys
Pestilence - Jaguars, Seahawks
Sfeihc - Lions, Vikings
SNR - Chiefs,Packers
Marco Polo - Titans, Patriots
DaKCManAP - Dolphins, Bengals
DJ's left nut - Chargers, Texans
BossChief - Bills, Falcons
Sorter - Jets, Giants
Bo's Pelini - Browns, Ravens
DeezNutz - Cardinals, Broncos
Rams Fan - Rams, Redskins
crazycoffey - Bucs, Bears
Direckshun - Panthers,Colts
Nightfyre - Saints, 49ers
Mr. Flopnuts - Eagles, Steelers

2013 Draft Order
1 Kansas City - SNR
2 Jacksonville - Pestilence
3 Oakland - ChiefsCountry
4 Philadelphia - Mr. Flopnuts
5 Detroit - Sfeihc
6 Cleveland - Bo's Pelini
7 Arizona - DeezNutz
8 Buffalo - BossChief
9 New York Jets - Sorter
10 Tennessee - Marco Polo
11 San Diego - DJ's left nut
12 Miami - DaKCManAP
13 Tampa Bay - crazycoffey
14 Carolina - Direckshun
15 New Orleans - Nightfyre
16 St. Louis - Rams Fan
17 Pittsburgh -Mr. Flopnuts
18 Dallas - ChiefsCountry
19 New York Giants - Sorter
20 Chicago- crazycoffey
21 Cincinnati - DaKCManAP
22 St. Louis (from Washington) - Rams Fan
23 Minnesota - Sfeihc
24 Indianapolis - Direckshun
25 Minnesota (from Seattle) - Sfeihc
26 Green Bay - SNR
27 Houston - DJ's left nut
28 Denver - DeezNutz
29 New England -Marco Polo
30 Atlanta - BossChief
31 Baltimore* - Bo's Pelini
32 San Francisco* - Nightfyre

DaKCMan AP 01-28-2013 01:11 PM

htismaqe 01-28-2013 01:12 PM

The Franchise 01-28-2013 01:12 PM

Ideas on how to fit Hamas back into the mix? Obviously I don't think he should lose his spot because of a self imposed ban. I also don't think that htismaqe should be out......dude is a quality poster when it comes to the draft.

Is Lono still around?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9358493)
I'm going to submit my resume here:

-Participated in the painfully slow Alt draft of 2011 and stuck it through.
-Had two teams and though my pick sucked, I averaged only 1-hour to make my selection. Id put that up against anybody ever.
-Im a grad student and substitute teacher which means I have all the time in the world to do bullshit
- I've watched more college football this year than any other year in my life
- Only one neg rep from this group--including Hamas, OTWP
-10 years on the board

Anybody want to give up one of their teams this year, let me know.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 01:19 PM

Here's an idea. The bottom 4-6 teams from last year (performance based) should forfeit one of their teams to somebody who wants in. This way, people like DeezNuts are punished for making reach picks

:p

RealSNR 01-28-2013 01:23 PM

Get a process for confirming members. Set up a start date and rules so owners have something to agree to. Have them confirm if they're back in or not by PMing somebody in charge or posting on this thread.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 01:26 PM

I absolutely want htismaqe back in, but I think the spot should belong to whoever had it last. Nightfyre doesn't deserve to be thrown back onto the street after he's waited his turn for so many years and finally got to take over halfway for a team.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 01:27 PM

JIMP!!!!!

RealSNR 01-28-2013 01:28 PM

And yes, I'll keep throwing this out there.

I am interested in drafting for the Chiefs this year. Please put my name on the list of candidates. I haven't had a chance to draft for them yet.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9358529)
Ideas on how to fit Hamas back into the mix? Obviously I don't think he should lose his spot because of a self imposed ban. I also don't think that htismaqe should be out......dude is a quality poster when it comes to the draft.

Is Lono still around?

Why would htismaqe be out? Did I forget him withdrawing from the draft last season?

The Franchise 01-28-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9358561)
I absolutely want htismaqe back in, but I think the spot should belong to whoever had it last. Nightfyre doesn't deserve to be thrown back onto the street after he's waited his turn for so many years and finally got to take over halfway for a team.

Well if there are a couple of teams that want to give up one of their teams to a couple of people to keep them in.

I don't want to open the door to having more than 20 teams though because then it becomes a huge cluster**** again.

The Franchise 01-28-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358567)
Why would htismaqe be out? Did I forget him withdrawing from the draft last season?

He took Hamas's spot.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9358566)
And yes, I'll keep throwing this out there.

I am interested in drafting for the Chiefs this year. Please put my name on the list of candidates. I haven't had a chance to draft for them yet.

Is there any way I could convince you to take Luke Joeckel? If so, I'm completely on board with this idea...

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 01:39 PM

We could create a rule (perhaps a slightly crappy one) where whoever gets the Chiefs that year only gets to draft for one team.

That doesn't help Hamas get to a 2nd team, but it's a start. We could also say that if the team with the #1 overall only gets to draft for 1 team, because clearly Dorsey and Reid are about to ensure we never draft at #1 overall again...

htismaqe 01-28-2013 01:47 PM

Like I said previously, I don't really care.

If I have a spot, I'll use it.

If you want to give my spot to someone else, that's fine too.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358580)
We could create a rule (perhaps a slightly crappy one) where whoever gets the Chiefs that year only gets to draft for one team.

That doesn't help Hamas get to a 2nd team, but it's a start. We could also say that if the team with the #1 overall only gets to draft for 1 team, because clearly Dorsey and Reid are about to ensure we never draft at #1 overall again...

I have my Packers drafts down to a science. If another person doesn't mind me replying to every pick with, "You're doing it wrong," then I suppose I can give up a team.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358580)
Is there any way I could convince you to take Luke Joeckel? If so, I'm completely on board with this idea...

I accept cash payments, yes.

Titty Meat 01-28-2013 02:35 PM

Im in. Same rules as last year id imagine?

Btw can I have the Ravens again this year? Id rather pick toward the bottom of the 1st this year

Marco Polo 01-28-2013 02:42 PM

I'm still in! I'll take the Titans (live in Nashville) and whomever else (preferably St. Louis since I used to live there). I won't ask for the Chiefs since they have the #1 pick, but I would like them one year eventually.

Sorter 01-28-2013 02:43 PM

:(

BossChief 01-28-2013 02:49 PM

I'm in and would like to continue running the Falcons, if possible.

doomy3 01-28-2013 02:52 PM

I'm in.

I'd give up one of my teams for Hamas or htis to both have team(s) though.

ChiefsCountry 01-28-2013 02:55 PM

We are still doing 16 owners. No spliting them up, its a pain in the ass enough to get 16 people on the same page. Besides we always have anywhere from 2 to 4 drop out each year. Stay in the bullpen and stay active and you will probably get a slot somewhere.

Another rule I made last year and its coming back - you pick a team that is in the first 16 picks in the draft, your second team is in the bottom 16. This keeps you involved in the draft all the time.

For the date I am debating between March 18 or March 25 to start this thing. Reasoning is free agency starts March 12, so needs are more in stone and so is the draft board. Also this thing normally goes pretty fast unless someone takes their sweet ass time to be an attention whore aka Direckshun.

The rest of the rules still in play.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 02:57 PM

So the key to this is going to be quality, but I'm looking at the list of people we want to include, and we're not too far off from having two separate but equal CP Mocks.

We have the members mentioned in the OP plus:

Nightfyre
Hamas
Sorter
Flopnuts
OTWP (If he wants back in)
Rudy was offsides

If the popularity of this thing rises and we get enough good people to draft, we could mix and match the participants to have two drafts.

So I guess think of it as raising the respectability of the Alt mock?

Feel free to boo and hiss at me if this sounds stupid.

Sorter 01-28-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9358785)
We are still doing 16 owners. No spliting them up, its a pain in the ass enough to get 16 people on the same page. Besides we always have anywhere from 2 to 4 drop out each year. Stay in the bullpen and stay active and you will probably get a slot somewhere.

Another rule I made last year and its coming back - you pick a team that is in the first 16 picks in the draft, your second team is in the bottom 16. This keeps you involved in the draft all the time.

For the date I am debating between March 18 or March 25 to start this thing. Reasoning is free agency starts March 12, so needs are more in stone and so is the draft board. Also this thing normally goes pretty fast unless someone takes their sweet ass time to be an attention whore aka Direckshun.

nom nom nom

DaKCMan AP 01-28-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9358785)

Something to consider: spring break is the week of March 25 this year. The draft isn't until April 25. Can we wait until April to do the mock?

DaKCMan AP 01-28-2013 04:40 PM

Unless the GMs from last year wish to keep them, I'd like to represent Miami & Cincinnati this year.

Sfeihc 01-28-2013 05:11 PM

I'm in and would like to draft for the CHIEFS but not at the cost of giving up a team. I really like CC's idea/rule of staying @ 16 GMs.

chiefscafan 01-28-2013 06:05 PM

I know this probably gonna fall on deaf ears but I'd like to be included again. I was in the first two years then wasn't allowed anymore. I never missed my pick so I'm asking nicely Id like to be included again.

OnTheWarpath15 01-28-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9358790)
So the key to this is going to be quality, but I'm looking at the list of people we want to include, and we're not too far off from having two separate but equal CP Mocks.

Nightfyre
Hamas
Sorter
Flopnuts
Rudy was offsides

If the popularity of this thing rises and we get enough good people to draft, we could mix and match the participants to have two drafts.

I can tell you from several years of experience - running this thing isn't as easy as it looks.

Running two?

That poor sap will need to be committed by draft day.

O.city 01-28-2013 06:14 PM

I would like to be included if there was a chance.

The Franchise 01-28-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9358790)

Nightfyre
Hamas
Sorter
Flopnuts
Rudy was offsides

If there is enough interest.....I'd have no problem running an Alt mock.

chiefscafan 01-28-2013 06:38 PM

Heck I'd even be in the alt draft I wouldn't miss a pick I'm asking for another chance.

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9359398)
Heck I'd even be in the alt draft I wouldn't miss a pick I'm asking for another chance.

I don't think you were bumped for any particular reason, man, at least not one that reflects negatively upon you.

Just a matter of spots and numbers.

Someone should correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly.

BossChief 01-28-2013 07:49 PM

Who was the guy chiefscafan drafted in the second round to backup Rivers?

Maybe he was a visionary.

chiefscafan 01-28-2013 08:20 PM

It was Andy dalton made fun of at the time I was also the one who said russel Wilson and was told he was to short. Please let me in the alt draft if I can't be in the original.

Direckshun 01-28-2013 08:25 PM

I am out of the game, folks. I would like to withdraw myself from the mock this year.

DaKCMan AP 01-28-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9359608)
Who was the guy chiefscafan drafted in the second round to backup Rivers?

Maybe he was a visionary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9359711)
It was Andy dalton made fun of at the time I was also the one who said russel Wilson and was told he was to short. Please let me in the alt draft if I can't be in the original.

Was that in a non-official CP Mock? I drafted Dalton in the 3rd round of the 2011 CP Mock for Miami.

chiefscafan 01-28-2013 08:29 PM

I think so I was laughed at not such a bad pick I've actually been right on last three qbs dalton, kapernick, and Wilson. I'm leaning toward geno this year.

Sorter 01-28-2013 08:38 PM

Direckshun's spot plzzz :)

RealSNR 01-28-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9359738)
I am out of the game, folks. I would like to withdraw myself from the mock this year.

You better stick around the thread and post reactions to picks

Direckshun 01-28-2013 08:49 PM

I appreciate the thought. I may.

Sorter 01-28-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9359805)

You better stick around the thread and post reactions to picks

Seconded.

O.city 01-28-2013 08:53 PM

Well, to be honest, after Direks mock, he needs to take a time out. LOL.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 08:59 PM

You guys should get Sorter in this thing ASAP. I know Hamas is an absolute MUST, but I'm just sayin. I'm not gonna name names and get anyone butthurt, but I'm pretty sure Sorter could out draft some of the people already in. I almost asked to come back in, and I still may. I just don't want too until I am confident I will be available consistantly enough to do so.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 09:01 PM

I think we gotta get organized. Pestilence or ChiefsCountry needs to take a roll call since nobody has heard from Lono yet. I know Archie Bunker and a few others haven't shown up yet, but they've been around the forum a bunch. I see no reason why they wouldn't back in.

Once we get the members we can divvy up the teams and vote in new owners. Or however we want to do it.

Sorter 01-28-2013 09:04 PM

I'd like to split with Hamas if possible. That would be ideal personally.

Direckshun 01-28-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359856)
Well, to be honest, after Direks mock, he needs to take a time out. LOL.

LMAO

Titty Meat 01-28-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9359877)
You guys should get Sorter in this thing ASAP. I know Hamas is an absolute MUST, but I'm just sayin. I'm not gonna name names and get anyone butthurt, but I'm pretty sure Sorter could out draft some of the people already in. I almost asked to come back in, and I still may. I just don't want too until I am confident I will be available consistantly enough to do so.

Ill beat sorters ass this year

Sorter 01-28-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9359912)
Ill beat sorters ass this year

http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/thumb/130850743026s.gif

:)

ChiefsCountry 01-28-2013 09:52 PM

So who is in and who is out for this year.

Post in here, lets the list together.

Sorter 01-28-2013 09:54 PM

I'd like Direckshun's spot, however, I'd like to split it with Hamas even though it is unusual.

Sfeihc 01-28-2013 10:01 PM

In to win again.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 10:05 PM

In

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9359877)

I don't agree. Sorter mostly just contributes to groupthink on this board. He's a total suck ass

Sorter 01-28-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9360223)
I don't agree. Sorter mostly just contributes to groupthink on this board. He's a total suck ass

LMAO

RealSNR 01-28-2013 10:16 PM

Okay, who is Rudy Was Offsides? Blueballs?

The Franchise 01-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9360223)

I'd let chiefscafan in before you. Hell....I'd ask Como or Knowmo to participate before you.

Sorter 01-28-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9360247)
I'd let chiefscafan in before you. Hell....I'd ask Como or Knowmo to participate before you.

Ouch.

ROFL

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9360247)

Oh no. Pestilence has so much CP cred. I'm ruined

ChiefsCountry 01-28-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9360246)
Okay, who is Rudy Was Offsides? Blueballs?

Lemon Pie

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9360268)
Lemon Pie

This.

Get on my level, bros. I'm 10 years in, and I still win

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 10:23 PM

Y'all were never going to let me in anyway

RealSNR 01-28-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9360268)
Lemon Pie

Who?

chiefscafan 01-28-2013 11:03 PM

Wow pest thanks for the compliment. I would like to do either the original or the alt draft. I've had a lot of time to do research lately. Unfortunately I've been fired . It sucks I like to keep my days busy so I am well prepared this time around. Please let me in either mock draft.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9360274)
This.

Get on my level, bros. I'm 10 years in, and I still win

Why did you quit and come back instead of just having them change your name?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-29-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361065)
Why did you quit and come back instead of just having them change your name?

I got banned forever on that account by Gonzo because apparently Lumpy is untouchable on this site. Phobia also banned that account once because I bumped an untimely thread when BrianFo was on suicide watch. When I changed to Lemon Pie... Yeah I could have asked for a username change.... But I only had 2k posts in 6 years or so. Didnt think much about it

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9361115)
I got banned forever on that account by Gonzo because apparently Lumpy is untouchable on this site. Phobia also banned that account once because I bumped an untimely thread when BrianFo was on suicide watch. When I changed to Lemon Pie... Yeah I could have asked for a username change.... But I only had 2k posts in 6 years or so. Didnt think much about it

Yeah, I guess you didn't lose that much. I totally didn't remember you getting banned.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-29-2013 09:04 AM

Chiefzilla- 2003-2009
Lemon_Pie- 2009-2012 banned by Phobia
Went back to chiefzilla account and user changed to Lemon Pie- banned by Gonzo

Rudy- Dec 2012-present

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-29-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361119)
Yeah, I guess you didn't lose that much. I totally didn't remember you getting banned.

Obviously it wasn't a big issue. Just Gonzo being Gonzo. I managed to get back so I'm ok. People really hate mults so I have a short leash mostly

bsp4444 01-29-2013 09:13 AM

Still taking names for alternates? I'd like to be considered. I was in the alt draft, and two of the main drafts several years ago.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9361126)
Chiefzilla- 2003-2009
Lemon_Pie- 2009-2012 banned by Phobia
Went back to chiefzilla account and user changed to Lemon Pie- banned by Gonzo

Rudy- Dec 2012-present

You should go back to Chiefzilla, then everybody will confuse you with that other guy. :D

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-29-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361170)
You should go back to Chiefzilla, then everybody will confuse you with that other guy. :D

Yeah that was always fun.

Marco Polo 01-29-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9360116)
So who is in and who is out for this year.

Post in here, lets the list together.

I posted this in the second page, must've gotten lost:

I'm still in! I'll take the Titans (live in Nashville) and whomever else (preferably St. Louis since I used to live there). I won't ask for the Chiefs since they have the #1 pick, but I would like them one year eventually.
<!-- / message --><!-- / Jeff Removed Sig -->

Sfeihc 01-29-2013 10:06 AM

I'd like to run the Dolphins draft if possible.

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9359069)
Unless the GMs from last year wish to keep them, I'd like to represent Miami & Cincinnati this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9361234)
I'd like to run the Dolphins draft if possible.

Get in line.

chiefscafan 01-29-2013 10:20 AM

I'm in in either mock draft or alt draft please

The Franchise 01-29-2013 10:22 AM

I heard you the first three times.

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2013 10:24 AM

Anyone know if chiefscafan wants in?