ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Star Wars: The Old Republic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204523)

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12291304)
I had something similar happen recently. I reset my graphics preferences from within the GeForce app and it resolved my problems.

Please screen shot those changes when you have a moment.

wazu 07-26-2016 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12291323)
Please screen shot those changes when you have a moment.

Sorry, missed this. I'm not seeing a great way to do this. It's a massive scrollbar situation. Do you not have the little "optimize" button?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2016 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12335468)
Sorry, missed this. I'm not seeing a great way to do this. It's a massive scrollbar situation. Do you not have the little "optimize" button?

nope:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...1&d=1469579802

wazu 12-11-2016 01:52 AM

Really enjoyed the expansion that came out this past month. Has me back into this. Anybody else still playing?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-11-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12611367)
Really enjoyed the expansion that came out this past month. Has me back into this. Anybody else still playing?

Nah, still afraid to fire it up after it caused the Nvidia system crash.

:deevee:

kaplin42 12-15-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12611367)

I get a couple emails a month from them, and I'm always tempted, but not sure I want to play the game again. It was such a let down.

Can you give a brief "why its fun again" synopsis?

A couple of questions:

1. What's end game like?
2. Is it pay to win now?
3. Why does it burn when I pee?

wazu 12-22-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 12619633)
I get a couple emails a month from them, and I'm always tempted, but not sure I want to play the game again. It was such a let down.

Can you give a brief "why its fun again" synopsis?

A couple of questions:

1. What's end game like?
2. Is it pay to win now?
3. Why does it burn when I pee?

Sorry for the delay on this. Glad to give more detail. Just a bit of context first, I am a pretty casual gamer. I like to solo, but have some social connection and occasionally group up with friends or guild mates to do stuff. My favorite things to do are PvP and Galactic Star Fighter.

That said, I really got pulled into the story in Knights of the Eternal Empire. I was legitimately interested in the characters and escalating story lines. Also some of the key decision points where you get to decide the fate of allies who have betrayed you, etc. Was a pretty immersive experience. I felt the same way about a few of the class stories, particularly the Imperial Agent.

There are some other cool things in this expansion such as getting to pilot AT-ATs that launch missiles and step on people during broad, open ground war.

Specifically to your questions:

1. For me the "end game" is probably different than it is for most. I moved through all expansion content and now will probably do mostly PvP/GSF. I'm not even sure I'm really playing "the end game". I guess people still do instances and stuff. I'm more likely to re-do KOTET with a different, "opposite" character just to see how it changes the experience. These tendencies tend to keep me from ever having any one character be amazingly uber.

2. I don't believe so, but I am a subscriber. I do it more to support the game, and enjoy the perks, but can't think of any way it offers me a significant advantage in PvP, etc.

3. A burning sensation with urination can be caused by infectious (including sexually transmitted infections, or STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea) and noninfectious conditions, but it is most commonly due to bacterial infection of the urinary tract affecting the bladder.

Bottom line, if you felt in the past that the game was a big let-down, this may not be the gigantic leap forward that turns you around. I already liked the game, but am enjoying it more now with this expansion.

kaplin42 12-27-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12634347)
Sorry for the delay on this. Glad to give more detail. Just a bit of context first, I am a pretty casual gamer. I like to solo, but have some social connection and occasionally group up with friends or guild mates to do stuff. My favorite things to do are PvP and Galactic Star Fighter.

That said, I really got pulled into the story in Knights of the Eternal Empire. I was legitimately interested in the characters and escalating story lines. Also some of the key decision points where you get to decide the fate of allies who have betrayed you, etc. Was a pretty immersive experience. I felt the same way about a few of the class stories, particularly the Imperial Agent.

There are some other cool things in this expansion such as getting to pilot AT-ATs that launch missiles and step on people during broad, open ground war.

Specifically to your questions:

1. For me the "end game" is probably different than it is for most. I moved through all expansion content and now will probably do mostly PvP/GSF. I'm not even sure I'm really playing "the end game". I guess people still do instances and stuff. I'm more likely to re-do KOTET with a different, "opposite" character just to see how it changes the experience. These tendencies tend to keep me from ever having any one character be amazingly uber.

2. I don't believe so, but I am a subscriber. I do it more to support the game, and enjoy the perks, but can't think of any way it offers me a significant advantage in PvP, etc.

3. A burning sensation with urination can be caused by infectious (including sexually transmitted infections, or STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea) and noninfectious conditions, but it is most commonly due to bacterial infection of the urinary tract affecting the bladder.

Bottom line, if you felt in the past that the game was a big let-down, this may not be the gigantic leap forward that turns you around. I already liked the game, but am enjoying it more now with this expansion.

Thank you for the great reply. I re-subbed to
see what it's like and so far I'm loving the agent - Marksman story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wazu 12-29-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 12645588)
Thank you for the great reply. I re-subbed to
see what it's like and so far I'm loving the agent - Marksman story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! One tip if you haven't already: If you spend any money at all, even $5 on some cartel coins, your account becomes "preferred", which gains you about 70% of subscriber perks. And apparently that benefit lasts forever.