ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life my dog died somewhat out of the blue today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268230)

Hammock Parties 12-30-2012 10:51 PM

my dog died somewhat out of the blue today.

Has anybody had a somewhat young dog (6 years) die within 10 hours of being completely healthy? got up this morning and let him out and he was chipper as always, came in and peed right on the carpet and i let him out again because he had never done that before. This time he just went outside and laid down, which he never does either, he's always running around as happy as can be. Next I know he's throwing up ever hour or so and became very lethargic. all this started at about 10 this morning, started throwing up and became lethargic at noonish, tried getting him to drink, which he did until about 3 when no matter what he put in his stomach it came right back up, went downstairs at about 5 and noticed he hadnt moved from the same spot for over an hour and ran upstairs debating if i needed to take him to a 24 hour emergency vet and my girlfriend came over and we were sitting with him and his breathing became rather labored so I said im getting the car, we're going right now! And as soon as I got the car started up my girlfriend ran out screaming that I had to come in right now!! So I ran in and watched my best friend take the last few gasps of his wonderful life...

does anybody have any ideas what the **** could have happened? i mean symptoms start between 10-12 and dog dies at 6:40... How is that possible? Ive looked everywhere for anything poisonous that he could have gotten in to but found nothing. Anything to bring peace back to thew house, any vets on here?

cosmo20002 12-30-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001 (Post 9256490)
Has anybody had a somewhat young dog (6 years) die within 10 hours of being completely healthy? got up this morning and let him out and he was chipper as always, came in and peed right on the carpet and i let him out again because he had never done that before. This time he just went outside and laid down, which he never does either, he's always running around as happy as can be. Next I know he's throwing up ever hour or so and became very lethargic. all this started at about 10 this morning, started throwing up and became lethargic at noonish, tried getting him to drink, which he did until about 3 when no matter what he put in his stomach it came right back up, went downstairs at about 5 and noticed he hadnt moved from the same spot for over an hour and ran upstairs debating if i needed to take him to a 24 hour emergency vet and my girlfriend came over and we were sitting with him and his breathing became rather labored so I said im getting the car, we're going right now! And as soon as I got the car started up my girlfriend ran out screaming that I had to come in right now!! So I ran in and watched my best friend take the last few gasps of his wonderful life...

does anybody have any ideas what the **** could have happened? i mean symptoms start between 10-12 and dog dies at 6:40... How is that possible? Ive looked everywhere for anything poisonous that he could have gotten in to but found nothing. Anything to bring peace back to thew house, any vets on here?

Very sorry to hear. Dogs are great. Had to have been something he ate. A lot of people foods can be really poisonous. Dark chocolate, grapes, turkey

Shox 12-30-2012 10:54 PM

Man so sorry. I'm certainly not an expert, but it sounds like he got into some poison of some kind.

Buck 12-30-2012 10:55 PM

Shitty. Sorry man, that's horrible.

Jim Jones 12-30-2012 10:56 PM

Sorry to hear about that.

Look up "bloat" - almost lost my dog to that a few years ago but got him to a vet. Similar symptoms to what you experienced.

http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm

DaFace 12-30-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9256503)
Very sorry to hear. Dogs are great. Had to have been something he ate. A lot of people foods can be really poisonous. Dark chocolate, grapes, turkey

That's seems like an awful big leap to a conclusion. It could've been something like that, but there are a lot of other possibilities as well.

Sorry to hear about your pup, man. :(

DeezNutz 12-30-2012 10:57 PM

Very sorry about this.

Sounds like the dog ate something that caused an obstruction.

Dallas Chief 12-30-2012 10:58 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Bummer :( First thought was poison of some sort, or something poisonous to dogs.

threebag 12-30-2012 10:58 PM

Poison. Sorry to hear about your dog.

DonkyPuncher 12-30-2012 10:58 PM

Maybe someone poisoned him when he was outside, I always keep an eye on my dogs when I let them out people are sick now a days, sorry to hear about your loss

Boise_Chief 12-30-2012 10:59 PM

Possibly a bowel impaction or perforation. Do you give him bones, rawhides, or balls to chew on?

Hammock Parties 12-30-2012 10:59 PM

going to have an autopsy done tomorrow because i cant just not know what killed my dog

BigRedChief 12-30-2012 11:00 PM

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Hope you find the reason.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 9256539)
Possibly a bowel impaction or perforation. Do you give him bones, rawhides, or balls to chew on?

the bones that dont splinter

Shox 12-30-2012 11:01 PM

Please update us when you find out. I would like to prevent this from happening to my dog.