ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tickets Dolphins cutting left tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306015)

Mr_Tomahawk 02-16-2017 10:40 AM

Dolphins cutting left tackle Branden Albert

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...randen-albert/

The pool of available left tackles continues to fill, with the Dolphins the latest to throw a guy out of theirs.

According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, the Dolphins will be cutting veteran left tackle Branden Albert.

That clears the way for 2016 first-rounder Laremy Tunsil to take over there, after they plugged him into various roles last year, settling at left guard.

The 32-year-old Albert struggled with injuries as a Dolphin, though the investment they made in Tunsil made this seem inevitable from the moment the talented blocker fell into their laps because of a marijuana-smoking gas mask video just before the draft began.

Albert may no longer be athletic enough to handle the position the way he once did, but he’ll still likely get plenty of looks on the market.

The Franchise 02-16-2017 10:42 AM

Sign him and move him to guard!

Rooster 02-16-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 12743466)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...randen-albert/

The pool of available left tackles continues to fill, with the Dolphins the latest to throw a guy out of theirs.

According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, the Dolphins will be cutting veteran left tackle Branden Albert.

That clears the way for 2016 first-rounder Laremy Tunsil to take over there, after they plugged him into various roles last year, settling at left guard.

The 32-year-old Albert struggled with injuries as a Dolphin, though the investment they made in Tunsil made this seem inevitable from the moment the talented blocker fell into their laps because of a marijuana-smoking gas mask video just before the draft began.

Albert may no longer be athletic enough to handle the position the way he once did, but he’ll still likely get plenty of looks on the market.

ROFL I forgot about that.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2017 10:48 AM

So they paid $30 million over 3 years to get 35 games played. His 2015 season was a pretty good one and that saved him for 2016 (when they could've cut him prior to March and saved quite a bit of money) but on balance, that was a pretty poor signing for them.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-16-2017 11:46 AM

Bring him home for 2 mil and a backup position. Good depth

Rooster 02-16-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12743574)
Bring him home for 2 mil and a backup position. Good depth

If KC doesn't I bet Denver kicks the tires.

Renegade 02-16-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12743585)
If KC doesn't I bet Denver kicks the tires.

Albert and Stephenson as book ends. Love it

The Franchise 02-16-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 12743606)
Albert and Stephenson as book ends. Love it

Stephenson is going to get cut. You can guarantee that.

cabletech94 02-16-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12743624)
Stephenson is going to get cut. You can guarantee that.

i believe quesadilla joe will be by any minute, good sir......

Rain Man 02-16-2017 12:56 PM

It's a shame to see him leave, but he left his mark on the game. He holds the second-highest number in NFL history on game stoppages due to injury.

But I can see him leaving. Ed McCaffrey's record is, unlike him, completely unbreakable.

Yosef_Malkovitch 02-16-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12743748)
It's a shame to see him leave, but he left his mark on the game. He holds the second-highest number in NFL history on game stoppages due to injury.

But I can see him leaving. Ed McCaffrey's record is, unlike him, completely unbreakable.

Hahahaa! It did seem like every other play ended with Albert sitting on the ground while the trainers ran out there.

I wonder if someone, somewhere, actually keeps track of that stat?

Rain Man 02-16-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 12743870)
Hahahaa! It did seem like every other play ended with Albert sitting on the ground while the trainers ran out there.

I wonder if someone, somewhere, actually keeps track of that stat?

I really want that stat now. I'd never thought about it before, but it would be fascinating to know.

Eleazar 02-16-2017 02:34 PM

that was the prime example of how to sell high on a player.

I don't think all the tears from true fans have dried up yet, you know, since we let go of a game defining generational tackle like Brandon AlbertS.

Kman34 02-16-2017 04:13 PM

No way we need that dude here to lay on the ground 2 or 3 times a game with sand in his vagina...

Deberg_1990 02-16-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kram (Post 12744035)

I don't think all the tears from true fans have dried up yet, you know, since we let go of a game defining generational tackle like Brandon AlbertS.

Dorsey continues to school many here

The Franchise 02-16-2017 04:37 PM

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have decided to hold off on releasing LT Branden Albert, and are "apparently going to pause and assess the possibilities."

Only the Dolphins. Truly, only the Dolphins. Per ace reporter Armando Salguero, the Dolphins and Albert agreed to his release on Thursday morning, but the team has had an about-face due to "sudden and significant interest from at least one and perhaps other teams in acquiring Albert." It means the Dolphins will probably keep Albert on the roster through the start of the new league year on March 9. They are doing Albert dirty, not letting him choose his own team, and potentially severely depressing his value. Instead of having the market all to himself right now, Albert could end up having to fight for scraps in the second phase of free agency.

tyton75 02-16-2017 04:37 PM

Didn't I hear that they are cutting Mario Williams too?

raybec 4 02-16-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12744357)
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have decided to hold off on releasing LT Branden Albert, and are "apparently going to pause and assess the possibilities."

Only the Dolphins. Truly, only the Dolphins. Per ace reporter Armando Salguero, the Dolphins and Albert agreed to his release on Thursday morning, but the team has had an about-face due to "sudden and significant interest from at least one and perhaps other teams in acquiring Albert." It means the Dolphins will probably keep Albert on the roster through the start of the new league year on March 9. They are doing Albert dirty, not letting him choose his own team, and potentially severely depressing his value. Instead of having the market all to himself right now, Albert could end up having to fight for scraps in the second phase of free agency.

That's pretty foul. It would be one thing if they hadn't previously agreed to release him. I understand trying to get something for him but why wouldn't they have waited until they could trade him if that's what they wanted to do?

Nickhead 02-16-2017 04:44 PM

did they cut him at his knees :D

Nickhead 02-16-2017 06:16 PM

it appears albert is still with miami. they saw the interest in him when 'they leaked' he'd been cut. so now they are going to try trading him. how this is legal i do not know. :D

notorious 02-16-2017 06:41 PM

He is 32 already?

JFC.

The Franchise 02-16-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12744533)
it appears albert is still with miami. they saw the interest in him when 'they leaked' he'd been cut. so now they are going to try trading him. how this is legal i do not know. :D

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/t...=90&w=660&zc=1

Mr. Laz 02-16-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12743468)
Sign him and move him to guard!

So he can be injured half the season at guard instead of tackle?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-16-2017 07:58 PM

I'm sure Elway contacted him

FloridaMan88 02-17-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12744590)
He is 32 already?

JFC.

He has the body of a 50 year old with all of the injuries.

Rooster 02-17-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 12745285)
He has the body of a 50 year old with all of the injuries.

True but would he have sex with a 70 year old woman? That's what we want to know.

The Franchise 02-17-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12744692)
So he can be injured half the season at guard instead of tackle?

It was a joke. That's all anyone ever wanted to do with him when he was here.

Eleazar 02-17-2017 10:12 AM

Really though, think about alternate history where AlbertS pimps got their way, and we re-signed him to a long term contract.

He got 5 years and $47 million from Miami 2 years ago. His cap hit is > $10 million for each of the next three years. We wouldn't have drafted Fisher, so we would probably still have a hole at LT. We'd have instead wasted Fisher's pick on someone else at the top of the worst draft class in recent memory. We would be saddled with two terrible contracts and no LT. Think about that armchair GMs

The Franchise 02-17-2017 10:16 AM

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Jaguars are interested in acquiring LT Branden Albert.

After refusing to pick up LT Kelvin Beachum's four-year team option earlier this week, Jacksonville is again in the market for a blind-side protector for Blake Bortles. Albert is 32 and may not have much left in the tank, but he should have at least 1-2 more years of left tackle in him. Salguero mentions the possibility of an Albert-for-Julius Thomas swap that rids each team of players it doesn't want while helping each other out with a player at a position of need. Thomas, of course, had back-to-back 12-touchdown seasons in Denver under now-Dolphins coach Adam Gase.

Buehler445 02-17-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Yep. I'll say it. I'm glad he replaced him.

MMMMMMM Crow....

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12744590)
He is 32 already?

JFC.

It is truly miraculous how long this franchise has ****ed around and was truly not competitive.

**** Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards

**** Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

Buehler445 02-17-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12745356)
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Jaguars are interested in acquiring LT Branden Albert.

After refusing to pick up LT Kelvin Beachum's four-year team option earlier this week, Jacksonville is again in the market for a blind-side protector for Blake Bortles. Albert is 32 and may not have much left in the tank, but he should have at least 1-2 more years of left tackle in him. Salguero mentions the possibility of an Albert-for-Julius Thomas swap that rids each team of players it doesn't want while helping each other out with a player at a position of need. Thomas, of course, had back-to-back 12-touchdown seasons in Denver under now-Dolphins coach Adam Gase.

Another fraud career made by Peyton Manning

ROFL

Rooster 02-17-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12745356)

So I guess Luke Joeckel flamed out as a pro LT? He was the hot shot LT out of TX A&M that called out the Chiefs for choosing Fischer over him. It looks like the Jags have moved him to guard per wiki.

It's interesting how things play out.

raybec 4 02-17-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12745438)
So I guess Luke Joeckel flamed out as a pro LT? He was the hot shot LT out of TX A&M that called out the Chiefs for choosing Fischer over him. It looks like the Jags have moved him to guard per wiki.

It's interesting how things play out.

That draft was abysmal at the top. Everyone flamed on the Chiefs for taking the small school prospect.

Eleazar 02-17-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12745491)
That draft was abysmal at the top. Everyone flamed on the Chiefs for taking the small school prospect.

GENO AT 1.1

Mr. Laz 02-17-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12745319)
It was a joke. That's all anyone ever wanted to do with him when he was here.

:thumb:

DJ's left nut 02-17-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12745382)
Yep. I'll say it. I'm glad he replaced him.

MMMMMMM Crow....

It is truly miraculous how long this franchise has ****ed around and was truly not competitive.

**** Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards

**** Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

Herm Edwards first season was eleven years ago.

Hell, the idea that we've had Reid for 4 seasons now is kinda crazy to me. That hire still seems like it was yesterday. I suspect this was the end of his 'honeymoon' period though. Another first round flameout or worse next year and I'll start to say "I can't believe we've had him for fiiiiive ****ing yeeears...."

Being a sports fan makes you old in a hurry; you spend so much time pining for next year that you kinda forget that you just got a year older in the meantime.

HemiEd 02-17-2017 05:01 PM

I want to know what milkman thinks about this. He was the original Brandon Albert scout.

MahiMike 02-18-2017 11:41 AM

Read today that the Jags are planning a trade for him. Some bum called Julius Thomas...

The Franchise 02-20-2017 08:51 AM

Citing league sources, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Dolphins are working to finalize a trade sending Branden Albert to the Jaguars in exchange for Julius Thomas.

The Miami Herald reported this late in the week, but the Sun-Sentinel got credit for the story on multiple media outlets today. The Sun-Sentinel hasn't (accurately) broken an NFL story in years. Either way, it's clear the Albert-for-Thomas deal has legs and at this point seems inevitable. Officially, no deal can be consummated until the start of the new league year on March 9.

Rain Man 02-20-2017 10:13 AM

Well, that was a hurtful statement about Sun-Sentinel.

chiefzilla1501 02-20-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Did anyone call him once in a generation? I think most people wanted to keep him but agreed he was over priced. There was overreaction to taking Eric fisher because people wanted a qb not because they thought Albert was a great left tackle. Most here thought he was a serviceable starter and that's still accurate.

His career flamed out in Miami because dude cannot stay healthy.

Pitt Gorilla 02-20-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12749476)
Did anyone call him once in a generation? I think most people wanted to keep him but agreed he was over priced. There was overreaction to taking Eric fisher because people wanted a qb not because they thought Albert was a great left tackle. Most here thought he was a serviceable starter and that's still accurate.

His career flamed out in Miami because dude cannot stay healthy.

Which QB in that draft did people actually want? Manuel? Geno? Barkley? They were all garbage.

chiefzilla1501 02-20-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12749577)
Which QB in that draft did people actually want? Manuel? Geno? Barkley? They were all garbage.

Well, I won't dig too much at that. I'm just pointing out that there weren't many people upset about Branden albert leaving. More people upset about Eric fisher being picked. But yes, they ended up all being garbage.

Skyy God 02-21-2017 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12749577)

Huge Geno contingent.

Mike in SW-MO 02-21-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 12750351)
Huge Geno contingent.

I was never sure if it was all that big or just really passionate.

Hence the chocolate love memes.

Kman34 02-21-2017 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12749220)
Citing league sources, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Dolphins are working to finalize a trade sending Branden Albert to the Jaguars in exchange for Julius Thomas.

The Miami Herald reported this late in the week, but the Sun-Sentinel got credit for the story on multiple media outlets today. The Sun-Sentinel hasn't (accurately) broken an NFL story in years. Either way, it's clear the Albert-for-Thomas deal has legs and at this point seems inevitable. Officially, no deal can be consummated until the start of the new league year on March 9.

Why didn't they just wait till Miami cut this brokedick..

Mr. Laz 02-21-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 12750376)

then they would have to convince Albert to sign with them etc,etc

The jaguars have a problem with getting FAs

Nickhead 02-21-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 12750376)

cause miami saw interest with the 'rumor' they were going to cut him, and decided they wanted something in return, rather than cutting him.

Baby Lee 02-21-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kram (Post 12745345)
Really though, think about alternate history where AlbertS pimps got their way, and we re-signed him to a long term contract.

He got 5 years and $47 million from Miami 2 years ago. His cap hit is > $10 million for each of the next three years. We wouldn't have drafted Fisher, so we would probably still have a hole at LT. We'd have instead wasted Fisher's pick on someone else at the top of the worst draft class in recent memory. We would be saddled with two terrible contracts and no LT. Think about that armchair GMs

Do these windmills you're tilting at have names?

Albert moved on from the Chiefs like a fart in the bulk paper aisle at Costco.