ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Pioli be fired before the blackout? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266558)

Tribal Warfare 11-13-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9114264)
You're FIRED! Or, you're not!

:spock:

Yep, if he doesn't get fired after the 1-10 mark, and is sitting pretty in February the movement is ****ed.

1ChiefsDan 11-13-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9114258)
If the team avoids turnovers like it did tonight and plays hard like they did tonight there are a couple of truly winnable games left.
I am afraid if the team plays out like they did tonight we will have Pioli and Crennel next season.

Kill it with fire. AIDS FIRE, BUNKER BUSTER FIRE

I don't care how it is killed. JUST DIE!

BossChief 11-13-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9114263)
Milkman's post is going to make me puke.......

Lamar let him run the franchise while losing for that long? Oh God........

Im not sure that shows much though.

Unless I read things wrong, Jack Steadman built the 4 championship Chiefs teams (counting the 1 superbowl win)

I guess I can understand having a long leash for a guy that did that much for you.

Pioli really hasnt done squat.

BossChief 11-13-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9114268)
There are others who have a better understanding than I do about those years, since I lived in California, and we didn't have access to info like we do now.

But from where I sat, he hired some really bad coaches, and the only that offered a glimmer of hope was fire after a strike shortened season, after 4 years of progress in a league where rebuilds did take at least 5 years.

Why did he get fired then and who are you referencing?

I want to try and do some research to try and gauge what Clark might do.

I was positive that Pittsburgh was gonna destroy the **** out of us and that Clark would then fire Pioli tomorrow out of sheer embarrassment...but it didnt play out that way.

milkman 11-13-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9114280)
Why did he get fired then and who are you referencing?

I want to try and do some research to try and gauge what Clark might do.

I was positive that Pittsburgh was gonna destroy the **** out of us and that Clark would then fire Pioli tomorrow out of sheer embarrassment...but it didnt play out that way.

Again, I was in California, so the news was just pretty much that he was fired with no details.

It was Marv Levy.

Munson 11-13-2012 12:20 AM

Should he be fired before the blackout? Yes

Will he be fired before the blackout? No

Romeo kept the game close enough to save everybody's ass from getting fired this week.

ChiefsCountry 11-13-2012 12:26 AM

Steadman was the business guy, it was Jim Schaaf who was the general manager.

BossChief 11-13-2012 12:32 AM

Jack Steadmans page on Wiki

Steadman – the franchise’s first general manager – also served as executive vice president, president, vice chairman and chairman in his 47 years with the Chiefs. He won four championships as general manager including the team’s Super Bowl IV title.[1] Steadman and Lamar Hunt were at the forefront of the move to merge the AFL into the NFL.

Steadman was named General Manager to Executive Vice President and General Manager in 1966
; in August 1976 he was named President of the Chiefs; and in 1989 was named Chairman of the Board. During Steadman's term as President (1976–1989), the Chiefs entered a period of decline in which they never entered the playoffs for 15 years and only had four winning seasons.

BossChief 11-13-2012 12:35 AM

Lamar Hunt (August 2, 1932 – December 13, 2006)

Steadman retired as Vice Chairman of the Chiefs on January 31, 2007 after being in the organization for over four decades, dating to their days as the American Football League's Dallas Texans.[

Imon Yourside 11-13-2012 12:36 AM

Does a bear shit in an outhouse in the woods?

FAX 11-13-2012 12:37 AM

What Lamar did and what Clark will do are only remotely related ... if at all.

Clark knows that you are what your record says you are. He also knows that, after 4 years, we should be much, much more competitive. We have no significant injuries to blame ... no crazy coach ... no strike season ... so the arrow is pointing directly at Dr. Evil and his minions. I think the odds are pretty good right now that Dr. Evil won't make it through the season ... higher that he'll be gone at or near the end of the year.

FAX

1ChiefsDan 11-13-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9114291)
Steadman was the business guy, it was Jim Schaaf who was the general manager.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9114298)
Jack Steadmans page on Wiki

Steadman – the franchise’s first general manager – also served as executive vice president, president, vice chairman and chairman in his 47 years with the Chiefs. He won four championships as general manager including the team’s Super Bowl IV title.[1] Steadman and Lamar Hunt were at the forefront of the move to merge the AFL into the NFL.

Steadman was named General Manager to Executive Vice President and General Manager in 1966
; in August 1976 he was named President of the Chiefs; and in 1989 was named Chairman of the Board. During Steadman's term as President (1976–1989), the Chiefs entered a period of decline in which they never entered the playoffs for 15 years and only had four winning seasons.

"oh snap gif"

007 11-13-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9114269)
Yep, if he doesn't get fired after the 1-10 mark, and is sitting pretty in February the movement is ****ed.

Yeah, I hate the idea of this movement ultimately losing.

Dayze 11-13-2012 10:12 AM

Nope.

Clark sticking to the Process.

the Talking Can 11-13-2012 10:16 AM

Petro stroking out about "the clown-fest"

ROFL