ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Designated Survivor (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300061)

BigRedChief 05-25-2016 08:27 PM

Designated Survivor
 
Keifer Sutherland's next TV series

On the night of the State of the Union address, an explosion claims the lives of the President of the United States and all present members of the Cabinet. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman, who was named the designated survivor, is immediately sworn in and struggles to prevent America from falling into chaos, unaware that the attack is only the beginning of what is to come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design...28TV_series%29


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N_f1v0Nx5Sw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kepp 05-26-2016 08:46 AM

Looks like it could be good.

BigRedChief 09-22-2016 08:34 PM

Watched it tonight, thought it got off to a slow start with the focus on his family instead of terrorism and him being the President.

Has some good possibilities.

srvy 09-22-2016 09:22 PM

Kinda what I thought also just to much focus on technical stuff triyg to be accurate to a T. I think once it settles in and gets on to the plot it will get better I hope.

srvy 09-22-2016 09:26 PM

But could you imagine being put into that spot we kind of see how Harry Truman felt after be left in the dark and left out of meetings with FDR. Sutherland puking his guts out in the toilet must have been what old Harry did also.

BigRedChief 09-23-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12443201)
But could you imagine being put into that spot we kind of see how Harry Truman felt after be left in the dark and left out of meetings with FDR. Sutherland puking his guts out in the toilet must have been what old Harry did also.

Yeah, I think the showing the family thing, getting fired was to show us this isn't tough as nails Jack Bauer. He's conflicted and flawed, not perfect.

Might make good TV how this type of person is thrown into such a powerful position. They will certainty be able to weave current events into the storylines.

DaneMcCloud 09-23-2016 11:29 AM

I thought it was fantastic and not slow at all. The puking thing was a great touch but he quickly turned "Jack Bauer" in the meeting with the Iranian diplomat.

It "feels" like 24 to me, with obviously Keifer, Sean Callery (composer), etc. but I welcome it because I absolutely loved "24", save for the last full season. I enjoyed the shortened season.

They got me at the end, too. "Dammit! It's over?!!".

BigRedChief 09-23-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12443794)
I thought it was fantastic and not slow at all. The puking thing was a great touch but he quickly turned "Jack Bauer" in the meeting with the Iranian diplomat.

It "feels" like 24 to me, with obviously Keifer, Sean Callery (composer), etc. but I welcome it because I absolutely loved "24", save for the last full season. I enjoyed the shortened season.

They got me at the end, too. "Dammit! It's over?!!".

24 is one of my all time favorite shows even including those suck ass year at the end. I did like the shortened season too.

I agree the end and the previews look a little Jack Bauerish for sure.

BigRedChief 09-29-2016 07:50 PM

I liked that episode much better. Tighter script and story line. Keifer is going to kill it in this role.

Snica 10-01-2016 09:28 PM

Twenty-five DAMMIT

Nickhead 03-08-2018 04:36 AM

season 2, episode 12, i am done with this show. tired of wasting my time on this nonsense. :cuss:

BigRedChief 03-08-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13455822)
season 2, episode 12, i am done with this show. tired of wasting my time on this nonsense. :cuss:

What happened that upsets you? I'm watched every episode because my wife loves the show. Seemed to be a standard show.

I loved 24. Still think its one of the best TV shows of all time.

Nickhead 03-08-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13456019)
What happened that upsets you? I'm watched every episode because my wife loves the show. Seemed to be a standard show.

I loved 24. Still think its one of the best TV shows of all time.

the most recent episode has to be the dumbest of the bunch. absolutely terrible acting. i've been on the fence for a bit, but last night was too much. i will wait to hear back from others, but man it was bad. :D

Frazod 03-08-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13456580)
the most recent episode has to be the dumbest of the bunch. absolutely terrible acting. i've been on the fence for a bit, but last night was too much. i will wait to hear back from others, but man it was bad. :D

I have last night's episode on the DVR still. Hell, the Cuba episode the week before was dumber than a GEICO commercial - it's only saving grace was that the idiot ass wife was actually dead. If this next one is even worse, that will probably be it for me as well.

This was fairly interesting in the beginning. Now it's just mindless tripe.

BigRedChief 03-08-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13456769)
I have last night's episode on the DVR still. Hell, the Cuba episode the week before was dumber than a GEICO commercial - it's only saving grace was that the idiot ass wife was actually dead. If this next one is even worse, that will probably be it for me as well.

This was fairly interesting in the beginning. Now it's just mindless tripe.

Yeah, when he was chasing down those who attacked America, putting it back together, Keifer was at his best.

Now, itís about politics, passing some bill. Personal drama issues with the staff etc. itís lost itís way and is off the tracks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.