ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spider Man 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266112)

ThaVirus 07-31-2013 06:13 PM

I think Spider-Man 2 was the best superhero film ever prior to 2008.

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9848706)
Here's the problem, though: he's not a dark character. He's a trickster, a fast-talking and flag-waving good guy saving the world while taking care of his elderly aunt. He tries to be a good role model, wears bright colors, and is a teacher by day. He struggles with guilt and sacrifice and doing the right thing, but he's not a gloomy or shadowy guy, like Batman, Daredevil, or Punisher. By trying to make him (and Superman, because they did this same thing in Man of Steel) into a dark, gritty, Batman-ish character, they're losing who he is.

The ones who are doing it right are (no surprise here) the makers of Captain America, and to a lesser extent the rest of the Avengers movies. They kept the characters, and in some cases even made them more interesting, but didn't go all tortured and Chris Nolan.

And by the way, the rest of the world preferred Spider-Man and especially Spider-Man 2 than Amazing Spider-Man. We'll see if Amazing Spider-Man 2 can beat their 89 and 93 percent scores on Rotten Tomatoes, for example.

I don't think the last one was "darker" per se at least not like Nolan's Batman, just a bit more gritty and I know I'm biased because I never much cared for Tobey as Spiderman, and do like Garfield as Parker so far.

The last one wasn't tremendous, but I enjoyed it. I think I also just liked the film's pacing a lot more than early 2000's trilogy. Those seemed to plod along and had some extended boring segments for my liking.

Everyone will have their own opinion, so its not like there isn't justifiable criticism for any of the last 4 Spidey films.

Deberg_1990 07-31-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9848948)
I don't think the last one was "darker" per se at least not like Nolan's Batman, just a bit more gritty and I know I'm biased because I never much cared for Tobey as Spiderman, and do like Garfield as Parker so far.

The last one wasn't tremendous, but I enjoyed it. I think I also just liked the film's pacing a lot more than early 2000's trilogy. Those seemed to plod along and had some extended boring segments for my liking.

Everyone will have their own opinion, so its not like there isn't justifiable criticism for any of the last 4 Spidey films.

I enjoyed the reboot alot more than I thought I would. What I liked most about it was the spidey action scenes looked more real and not as much CGI fakery as the Raimi flicks. Of course alot of that is advances in special effects I'm sure.

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9848975)
I enjoyed the reboot alot more than I thought I would. What I liked most about it was the spidey action scenes looked more real and not as much CGI fakery as the Raimi flicks. Of course alot of that is advances in special effects I'm sure.

Ya, me too.

I remember when some teaser footage for the last one came out and just had the rough cut cgi - not fully finished, and the internet dorks were going bonkers with rage thinking this rudimentary version was an indication of it going to look like shit since it was known Sony was rushing to get it released on a very tight schedule.

Mr. Laz 07-31-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9844340)
By the way, is there a spiderman villain that isn't basically a science experiment gone wrong?

not really

I think the Rhino is an experiment too

venom is more of an alien than an experiment though

Aries Walker 08-01-2013 04:55 AM

Rhino is actually an experiment gone right. His suit does pretty much exactly what he (and the Commie scientists that made it) wanted it to.

Javabean 08-01-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9848772)
I think Spider-Man 2 was the best superhero film ever prior to 2008.

Agreed.

Some have said that the first X-Men movie ushered in the current superhero movie generation, but that first X-Men movie took a lot of liberties with its characters. The first two Spider-Man movies were the first movies to stay true to the character and setting and perform exceptionally well at the box office since the original Superman movies.

I don't know if people really appreciate how groundbreaking that was for the genre -- they were coming off an era of bat nipples and black leather and cheesy villains, and then Raimi gave us the actual Spider-Man from the comic books, and it became the first movie ever to gross over $100 million on its opening weekend. I doubt Marvel would have given us a string of decent to great comic book movies without that. I even question whether Nolan would've been allowed to give us a serious interpretation of Batman.

Yeah, the new movie obviously had better CGI and overall it was decent, but it departed from the actual comics -- even from the Ultimate version -- for no apparent reason. If the second continues down the same path and deviates further, they might as well bring in Joel Schumacher for the third one.

The Franchise 08-01-2013 01:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JNSK0647wJI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gravedigger 08-01-2013 09:39 PM

I'm sorry, but Jaime Foxx looks damn ridiculous in that makeup and bald head. His eyes being crossed when it flashes the shot of his face doesn't help either. That teaser doesn't do anything for me in excitement for this movie. The stills of him with the hood all lit up with blue LED's is badass though.

Deberg_1990 12-02-2013 10:15 PM

Looks like Green Goblin will be in this along with Electro and Rhino. Poster reveal here.

First trailer drops on Thursday.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65305

Gravedigger 12-03-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10244935)
Looks like Green Goblin will be in this along with Electro and Rhino. Poster reveal here.

First trailer drops on Thursday.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65305

Please just stick to one villain... please oh please. If you do a disservice to Electro/Green Goblin the same way you did to Venom/Sandman.... I'm going to flip shit.

Rausch 12-03-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10245240)
Please just stick to one villain... please oh please. If you do a disservice to Electro/Green Goblin the same way you did to Venom/Sandman.... I'm going to flip shit.

This.

Venom deserved his own movie. Still does.

I really wish Marvel had the rights to SM and FF...

Aries Walker 12-03-2013 05:38 AM

This movie is going to be a spinning, flipping train wreck of hilarious proportions.

dannybcaitlyn 12-03-2013 06:41 AM

ehhh, Reminds me of Doc Octavious. Wish they would have went something supernatural on the villain this time with Morbius.

dannybcaitlyn 12-03-2013 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Morbius!