ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Pitt Gorilla 02-07-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9383027)
ROFL

MU has won a Big XII-II-II+II conference game more recently than ku.

warpaint* 02-07-2013 07:28 PM

Rivals reranked that juco safety we got late. MU's class is now #39 in the country. Still dead last in the SEC. It is also more in line w/ where the other recruiting services have the Tigers so it is probably a more accurate reflection of the class' strength. Doesn't materially change anything but thought I'd mention it.

It is amazing that the entire SEC is top 40. That is impressive.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-08-2013 10:45 PM

I just looked at the offers for next year. It looks like there are three massive OL in the St. Louis area, including two who are 4* players and another from Olathe South who is a high 4/borderline 5*.

Any ideas how Missouri stands with them?

warpaint* 02-11-2013 06:32 AM

Let's see, that'd be Roderick Johnson, Andy Bauer, and Brian Wallace from the Stl side and Braden Smith from Olathe. Mizzou has apparently already offered all of them. We need as many of these guys as we can get desperately. Bauer was committed for awhile last yr and then decommitted. I would guess it's us or Bama for him. I think they're in good shape with Wallace, perhaps very good shape, just based on internet scuttlebutt. As for Johnson, something tells me that's going to be a battle as well but it's early.

To my knowledge we have one commitment for next yr's class, a tb from Stl named markel Smith.

duncan_idaho 02-11-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9388567)
I just looked at the offers for next year. It looks like there are three massive OL in the St. Louis area, including two who are 4* players and another from Olathe South who is a high 4/borderline 5*.

Any ideas how Missouri stands with them?

Andy Bauer - Loves Mizzou and committed early because of it. Was scared a bit by the struggles in Year 1 in the SEC. Doesn't want to play for a dormat. Apparently is really close to his family, which is why he is likely to stay at home if he feels like Missouri will win at a decent level.

Roderick Johnson. Huge, prototypical LT type. Problems: He's from the suburban north, where Mizzou has struggled. Also, Ohio State has already offered.

Braden Smith - They were in on him early, but recent rumblings are that he wants to go away for school. He's a physical freak of nature whose football ability probably hasn't caught up with his athleticism (He's a 5-star athlete, 3-star player right now). He's pretty good friends with Clay Rhodes, which is Missouri's best shot.

Brian Wallace - I really don't know anything about this kid other than he has an offer and he goes to CBC. Not quite the same level recruit as the others (All of whom are national, top 100 types), but still a high D-1 player.

There's also a kid from the Kirksville area, I forget his name, who is likely to get an offer. Big OL type. (EDIT: THis is Jackson Morrison, from Maryville)

It's a VERY rare class for elite line talent in the state of Missouri. Josh Henson needs to make some hay.

Another big guy to watch is Peyton Newell, a DT from the KS side of the KC metro. Missouri has been on him for quite a while and is in pretty good shape. Probably a top 250 type.

Also on the KS side... RB Traevohn Wrench from Gardern-Edgerton is going to be a big-time recruit as well.

warpaint* 02-12-2013 06:28 AM

There's a kid in Maryville that's a good Oline prospect too that they will end up offering. Might be thinking of 2015 though...can't remember his name. I'll try and look it up later.

duncan_idaho 02-12-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9396074)
There's a kid in Maryville that's a good Oline prospect too that they will end up offering. Might be thinking of 2015 though...can't remember his name. I'll try and look it up later.

Jackson Morrison, I think.

He's a 2014 kid. I was thinking he was a Kirksville-area guy in my previous post.

DJ's left nut 02-12-2013 12:42 PM

I cringe everytime I see this thread bumped.

As it turns out, merely informative and useful bumps. I'm sure the next one will have DGB thrown off the team or Henry Josey having his leg amputated.

!@#$ing Tigers...

Ceej 02-12-2013 12:44 PM

Not a college football fan whatsoever, but what kind of year did that freshman receiver have for you guys?

Wasn't he #1 WR and top 5 overall?

duncan_idaho 02-12-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9396482)
Not a college football fan whatsoever, but what kind of year did that freshman receiver have for you guys?

Wasn't he #1 WR and top 5 overall?

28 catches (12 percent of team total)
395 yards (15 percent of team total)
5 TDs (33 percent of team total)

He actually had about the type of year, percentage-wise, that I expected him to have. The Missouri passing attack was just much less potent than expected due to the injuries and inconsistent play at QB.

I had him predicted at about 40-50 catches, 500 yards and 8 tds entering the season. If Missouri's passing game produces at its average numbers over the previous 3 years under Yost, he is right at that mark.

Dr. Gigglepants 02-12-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9396547)
28 catches (12 percent of team total)
395 yards (15 percent of team total)
5 TDs (33 percent of team total)

He actually had about the type of year, percentage-wise, that I expected him to have. The Missouri passing attack was just much less potent than expected due to the injuries and inconsistent play at QB.

I had him predicted at about 40-50 catches, 500 yards and 8 tds entering the season. If Missouri's passing game produces at its average numbers over the previous 3 years under Yost, he is right at that mark.

What do you think our offense will look like next year? I know we'll still be a spread team, but do you think it will it look any different?
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 02-12-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9396554)
What do you think our offense will look like next year? I know we'll still be a spread team, but do you think it will it look any different?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's hard to say for sure.

It sounds like Henson will further change the blocking schemes. I know he brought in a lot of concepts on zone blocking, narrower splits, and the Gs putting a hand on the ground. I'd imagine the OL will be asked to play a little tougher and more physically under Henson.

I also imagine we'll see a little more emphasis on the running game.

What I'd like to see?

1) More misdirection in the run game. Essential for running out of the spread vs. elite Ds
2) More formation experimentation (though Yost did quite a lot of this, actually). I'd like to see the two back set utilized more, even with a mobile QB. It also sounds like they will have a more multiple approach (which I know will please many).
3) Less effort on spreading horizontally and more effort on spreading both directions. Christensen and Yost both ran a ton of passing plays to the sidelines/flats. This worked quite well against overwhelmed defenses and not very well against good and fast ones. The middle MUST be attacked more, and routes need to work farther downfield, too.

warpaint* 02-13-2013 04:39 AM

They need to be more multiple. The spreads a good system for MU but not the way they were running it. I wouldn't mind one bit if they were running something Clemsonesque for example.

warpaint* 02-13-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9396132)
Jackson Morrison, I think.

He's a 2014 kid. I was thinking he was a Kirksville-area guy in my previous post.

That's him! Makes sense I was racking my brain about who the heck the Kirksville kid was.

Mizzou_8541 03-02-2013 08:22 PM

DGB's younger brother Darnell committed to Mizzou today. No idea how good he is.