ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs’ offense looks sloppy in practice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273420)

Tribal Warfare 05-28-2013 02:14 PM

Teicher: Chiefs’ offense looks sloppy in practice

Chiefs’ offense looks sloppy in practice
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Between numerous dropped passes and false-start penalties, the offense had a sloppy workout as the Chiefs began their third straight week of full-squad practice.

Jon Baldwin, Devon Wylie, Jamaal Charles, Frankie Hammond, Travis Kelce and Demetrius Harris were among the players who dropped at least one pass. Coach Andy Reid at one point stopped practice to get after the offensive players for their sloppiness.

His dropped pass aside, Harris had his best practice since joining the Chiefs as an undrafted free-agent tight end last month. A basketball player in college at Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Harris hadn’t played football since high school in Arkansas.

Harris got off to a slow start when practice started, but he is now showing the athletic ability that led Chiefs general manager John Dorsey to pursue him. Harris made the play of the practice when he leaped over two defenders to catch a pass from Ricky Stanzi deep down the field.

“This was the day I just went out there and let everything out of my head,’’ Harris said. “In the beginning, I was thinking too much. The coaches and the other players were always telling me that if I messed up, just keep going full speed. That’s what I’ve been doing, and I think I’ve been improving every day. I want the coaches to keep depending on me.’’

Dexter McCluster, who injured his hamstring last week, did not practice.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-28-2013 02:16 PM

Bray had a good practice.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs7145s
Really impressed with Bray today & the competition he went against. Good gauge.

crispystl 05-28-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9714502)

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs7145s

NICE!!

-King- 05-28-2013 07:06 PM

Bray had a shitty practice.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 07:09 PM

Alex Smith's favorite lunch: sloppy Joes.

In58men 05-28-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9714502)

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs7145s

I love you

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Dexter McCluster, who injured his hamstring last week, did not practice.
http://static.tumblr.com/y1qwjm2/M3x...e-burn-ooh.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-28-2013 07:24 PM

Alex was focusing on game management so making completions was 2nd priority

Mav 05-28-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9715315)
Alex was focusing on game management so making completions was 2nd priority

Jokes aside. Key word in all of this was, DROPPED. As in the passes had to be catchable.

Chiefshrink 05-28-2013 09:59 PM

Sloppy offensive practice as everyone is new coming together to learn the new offensive system. Imagine that ?:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-28-2013 10:10 PM

Bray was the only reason to be on the field.

notorious 05-28-2013 10:11 PM

Great practice, guys! /Romeo

Mav 05-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9715850)
Sloppy offensive practice as everyone is new coming together to learn the new offensive system. Imagine that ?:spock:

come on now....its only like 50 days till training camp, they should be day one of the season ready.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-28-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9715850)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9715889)
come on now....its only like 50 days till training camp, they should be day one of the season ready.

I can see now it's going to be my job this season to collect and compose the Official Chiefsplanet 'Lil' Chiefy' Wiki of excuses for convienent cataloging and display. We'll start with "Alexcuses", and work our way through the rest of the alphabet. Where's Kap?...

Mav 05-28-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9715902)
I can see now it's going to be my job this season to collect and compose the Official Chiefsplanet 'Lil' Chiefy' Wiki of excuses for convienent cataloging and display. We'll start with "Alexcuses", and work our way through the rest of the alphabet. Where's Kap?...

No need. I fully expect the offense to struggle the first half of the season. That's just a given. You wont need a list that has my name on it. Im an Alex guy, but im a realist that when you redo everything in one off season, there is going to be some struggle. Defenses are usually ahead of offenses anyways. No need to get all panty bunched about it.

Even the 49ers offense in 2011 started super slow. I would expect the same here.