ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Vikings and their double reverse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250909)

lcarus 10-03-2011 08:55 AM

The Vikings and their double reverse

They could have run that play on us all day no?

Demonpenz 10-03-2011 08:56 AM

They players get tired eventually. It was a hot day and that play alone is a long ass run before you even cut it up the field.

Sofa King 10-03-2011 08:58 AM

On an unrelated note, my buddy attended the game in the club seats and got me a 30 pack of Chiefs bud lights and a ticket stub signed by none other than Keith Cash.

Pretty sweet.

Demonpenz 10-03-2011 09:00 AM

I saw Keith cash one time at quick Trip and I had a picture of buddy Ryan that was 4 foot tall in the back of my hatchbax honda CRX. I got it out and tossed him a ball and he came over and spoked it off of the picture before he went back in to buy taquitos.

lcarus 10-03-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7963811)
On an unrelated note, my buddy attended the game in the club seats and got me a 30 pack of Chiefs bud lights and a ticket stub signed by none other than Keith Cash.

Pretty sweet.

Man when I was a little shit and didn't know any better, I thought Keith Cash was the best tight end in the game just from how dominant he was in Madden 95 for Sega. Also loved the Buddy Ryan banner chuck.

Fish 10-03-2011 09:06 AM

That's funny, as I noted yesterday that I saw 2 Keith Cash jerseys being worn....

lcarus 10-03-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7963833)
That's funny, as I noted yesterday that I saw 2 Keith Cash jerseys being worn....

I'd sport a Keith Cash jersey. Beats the hell outta my LJ jersey.............:banghead:

WhiteWhale 10-03-2011 09:28 AM

The vikings didn't run a double reverse. I'm not sure I recall them actually running a reverse!

End around = QB hands off to WR with blocking in front. This is what you kept seeing. Often with a play action fake to the RB first. It's still an end around. Not a double reverse.

Reverse = QB hands off to player with blocking in front, and then player hands off to another player going in the reverse of the play's flow. The most common reverse I see in the NFL is a sweep to the RB who then hands off to the WR coming around the back.

Double reverse= QB hands off to player with blocking in front, who then hands off to player running opposite direction, who then hands off to another player running in the direction of the play's original flow

NFL teams never run double reverses. You have too many guys taking and receiving hand-offs who are not used to it.

http://www.misconceptionjunction.com...e_you_know.jpg

donkhater 10-03-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 7963891)
The vikings didn't run a double reverse. I'm not sure I recall them actually running a reverse!

End around = QB hands off to WR with blocking in front. This is what you kept seeing. Often with a play action fake to the RB first. It's still an end around. Not a double reverse.

Reverse = QB hands off to player with blocking in front, and then player hands off to another player going in the reverse of the play's flow. The most common reverse I see in the NFL is a sweep to the RB who then hands off to the WR coming around the back.

Double reverse= QB hands off to player with blocking in front, who then hands off to player running opposite direction, who then hands off to another player running in the direction of the play's original flow

NFL teams never run double reverses. You have too many guys taking and receiving hand-offs who are not used to it.

Thank you. This is a pet peeve of mine as well. It's one thing when fans mislabel a play, but I cannot stand it when announcers consistently mislabel these plays.

lcarus 10-03-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 7963891)

Ok I used wrong terminology, but still. It fooled our defense pretty good. Even when beast Hali sniffed it out, it was still good for a chunk of yardage.

WhiteWhale 10-03-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater (Post 7963904)
This. It's one thing when fans mislabel a play, but I cannot stand it when announcers consistently mislabel these plays.

They're the reason fans do it. They ALWAYS call it wrong.

lcarus 10-03-2011 09:36 AM

Well after running successful end-arounds, they could have pulled off a couple reverses at some point lol.

donkhater 10-03-2011 09:36 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a double reverse in a game, college or pro.

lcarus 10-03-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater (Post 7963912)
I don't think I've ever seen a double reverse in a game, college or pro.

I can't recall it either, though I'm sure it's happened. I don't even think they have that play in Madden. Speaking of uncommon offensive plays, I hope the Chiefs pull some stuff out of the bag in future games. I'd like to see them run 2 flea flickers in a row to open a game. Why not. What do we have to lose.

Coogs 10-03-2011 10:17 AM

My guess is they call it "reverse" because it does kind of go against the flow of the play. And as defenders on the field, it is hollered out as "reverse, reverse" so everyone knows the end is comming around the other direction to the flow. I have never heard a defense call out "end around, end around".