ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

tomahawk kid 12-13-2012 09:45 PM

Anyone have the scuttlebutt on Ramirez? Several folks have mentioned rumors concerning off the field stuff, but nothing specific.

Dante84 12-13-2012 11:48 PM

Kstate

Unnnnngghhhhh

ChiefMojo 12-14-2012 06:06 AM

Oh don't worry Bill Snyder will do that for him.

OmahaChief 12-14-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9206472)
Anyone have the scuttlebutt on Ramirez? Several folks have mentioned rumors concerning off the field stuff, but nothing specific.

As a Mizzou fan I heard that stuff an immediatley figured Mizzou guys were in spin mode. I have no idea if he has issues or not but it seems anyone that decommits has some issue. More than likely the big issue is Pinkel is dumpster fire that should have been let go and kids don't want to play for him and his crap attitude anymore.

Saul Good 12-14-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9206472)

I haven't heard anything negative about him.

WilliamTheIrish 12-14-2012 08:00 AM

ECO-Cats FT(recruiting)W!

eazyb81 12-14-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9206952)
I haven't heard anything negative about him.

It's been vaguely mentioned on Power Mizzou for the last month or so.

ChiTown 12-14-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 9207028)
It's been vaguely mentioned on Power Mizzou for the last month or so.

I've heard rumblings of theft and destruction of property charges.

Apparently he stole Pinkel's lunch money and shit all over the Program when he de-committed. Just a rumor, mind you.......

tomahawk kid 12-14-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9207057)
I've heard rumblings of theft and destruction of property charges.

Apparently he stole Pinkel's lunch money and shit all over the Program when he de-committed. Just a rumor, mind you.......

Ha ha ha.

Based on what I pieced together from various Mizzou boards, it SOUNDS like there may have been an incident on one of his visits to Mizzou over the Spring / Summer.

Then, when he de-commited to visit ksu, his offer was pulled.

Not saying that's what happened, simply stating what I've picked up based on circulating rumors.

ChiTown 12-14-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9207092)
Ha ha ha.

Based on what I pieced together from various Mizzou boards, it SOUNDS like there may have been an incident on one of his visits to Mizzou over the Spring / Summer.

Not saying that's what happened, simply stating what I've picked up based on circulating rumors.

Oh, I'm sure that's what happened......

Dr. Gigglepants 12-14-2012 09:19 AM

My money is on the Pinkel dumpster fire theory.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish 12-14-2012 10:23 AM

I hope he's a felon. On the field and in the community.

DJ's left nut 12-14-2012 11:14 AM

And there went my favorite commit of the season.

Knew he was gone as soon as he de-committed. What a goddamn mess this program has been since the Syracuse game.

eazyb81 12-14-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9207092)
Ha ha ha.

Yep, this is what it sounds like.

I think Ramirez is a fine player but I'm not too upset on missing him. We have taken a lot of LBs the last two classes and I'd much rather focus on shoring up the D line.

We need at least four DT commits in the class. Getting a commit from Bradley this weekend would be huge.

duncan_idaho 12-14-2012 11:24 AM

Losing Ramirez sucks. I think he's going to be a good college player.

I know the Mizzou coaches have long considered this a great in-state LB class and that's why they filled over their real need in this class (took 3 when they really wanted two). Hard to hold a spot in this class at that position, so once Ramirez started looking around, the writing was on the wall (Andy Hill and Pinkel have been spending a lot of time in the KC area checking in on JUCO DTs, DT Maliek Collins, OT Clay Rhodes - but no mention of checking in on Ramirez).

I'd imagine if either Burkett or Biesel had done the same thing as Ramirez, we'd be having the same conversation about them.

It worries me a bit that Missouri was taking 3 LBs in this class, all of whom project as MLB (Biesel for sure - and Burkett is a classic tampa 2 MLB). That's how you end up in situations where a guy like Andrew Wilson is playing in space all the time, against WRs.

There is no wiggle room for Pinkel and staff. They must turn some of the recruiting around. And they must turn the 2013 season around from where it was.