ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Bradford shines at pro day ... looking like #1 pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225654)

Mr. Laz 03-29-2010 12:07 PM

Bradford shines at pro day ... looking like #1 pick

Bradford’s pro day workout leaves crowd in awe <!-- p class="post-info-author">By Gil Brandt</p -->

Posted: March 29th, 2010 | Gil Brandt |

NORMAN, Okla. — Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw 63 passes (13 during a stationary period and 50 scripted throws) during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree. The scripted workout included three-, five- and seven-step drops, shotgun, and play-action plays, plus sprints and rollouts to both sides.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder injury or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.

He officially measured in at 6-foot-5 and 236 pounds.

Terry Shea, a former college and NFL coach who’s working with Bradford as a quarterback consultant, told me they’ve been together for about eight weeks. Bradford has been throwing for a little more than four weeks since being cleared by doctors.

I would imagine that two weeks from now, Bradford’s arm will be even stronger than what we saw. And it was very strong Monday.
– Gil Brandt

The Franchise 03-29-2010 12:12 PM

Good....I hope the Rams take him.

Rams - Bradford
Lions - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Redskins - Okung/Clausen
Chiefs - Berry/Clausen

BigCatDaddy 03-29-2010 12:19 PM

In B4 draftubators say he still sucks and they wouldn't touch him.

Pants 03-29-2010 12:22 PM

Terry Shea FTMFW.

Coogs 03-29-2010 12:23 PM

Dang! I reposted this over in the DraftPlanet. I didn't realize the Lounge was for football topics. ;)

Mr. Laz 03-29-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6640806)
Good....I hope the Rams take him.

Rams - Bradford
Lions - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Redskins - Okung/Clausen
Chiefs - Berry/Clausen

if Bradford goes #1 then it pretty much assures a Berry/Clausen option for us. imo.

i think it goes:

1. Rams - QB Bradford
2. Lions - DT McCoy
3. Bucs - DT Suh
4. Redskins - OT Okung
5. Cleveland - QB Clausen
6. Seattle - OT Bulaga
7. Chiefs - S Berry
8. Buffalo - OT Trent Williams
9. Oakland - OT Bruce Campbell LMAO
10. Jacksonville - DE Jason Pierre Paul

Cleveland trades up two spots with the Chiefs to make sure they get Clausen before Seattle. The Chiefs pick up an extra pick and also draft a safety a few slots lower.

The Franchise 03-29-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6640846)
if Bradford goes #1 then it pretty much assures a Berry/Clausen option for us. imo.

i think it goes:

Rams - Bradford
Lions - McCoy
Bucs - Suh
Redskins - Okung
Cleveland - Clausen
Seattle - Bulaga
Chiefs - Berry
Buffalo - Trent Williams
Oakland - Bruce Campbell LMAO
Jacksonville - Jason Pierre Paul

Cleveland trades up two spots with the Chiefs to make sure they get Clausen before Seattle. The Chiefs pick up an extra pick and also draft a safety a few slots lower.

I really don't see the Seahawks picking Clausen at #6 when they just traded away a 2nd for Whitehurst. And if we did trade down to 7.....Seattle would probably take Berry at #6. They could easily grab an OT with their second 1st round pick.

penchief 03-29-2010 12:30 PM

I was actully hoping that Bradford might still be there at five. Not that we would have taken him but I like him a lot better than I do Clausen. Doesn't look like it will even be a possibility now.

alanm 03-29-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

i think it goes:

Rams - Bradford
Lions - McCoy
Bucs - Suh
Redskins - Okung
Cleveland - Clausen
Seattle - Bulaga
Chiefs - Berry
Buffalo - Trent Williams

I hope they do trade down and I can live with this scenario but I hope we aren't stuck with Bulaga. :cuss:

HC_Chief 03-29-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

i think it goes:

1. Rams - QB Bradford
2. Lions - DT McCoy
3. Bucs - DT Suh
4. Redskins - OT Okung
5. Cleveland - QB Clausen
6. Seattle - OT Bulaga
7. Chiefs - S Berry
8. Buffalo - OT Trent Williams
9. Oakland - OT Bruce Campbell LMAO
10. Jacksonville - DE Jason Pierre Paul

That would be awesome

Coogs 03-29-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

i think it goes:

Rams - Bradford
Lions - McCoy
Bucs - Suh
Redskins - Okung
Cleveland - Clausen
Seattle - Bulaga
Chiefs - Berry
Buffalo - Trent Williams

I think the top 5 is going to go like this...

Rams - Badford
Chiefs - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Skins - Clausen
Lions - Okung

penchief 03-29-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 6640861)
I hope they do trade down and I can live with this scenario but I hope we aren't stuck with Bulaga. :cuss:

I could live with Bulaga if we are able to trade down and get him. OL is still a huge need and picking up an extra second or a third, plus another late rounder would be nice.

alanm 03-29-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 6640864)
I think the top 5 is going to go like this...

Rams - Badford
Chiefs - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Skins - Clausen
Lions - Okung

Would anyone melt down if the Chiefs traded up for Suh to get the Nebraska contingent back to Arrowhead from Omaha and Lincoln?

Coogs 03-29-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 6640872)
Would anyone melt down if the Chiefs traded up for Suh to get the Nebraska contingent back to Arrowhead from Omaha and Lincoln?

Not me. In fact, I really think this could take place.

buddha 03-29-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 6640872)

I would love it, assuming they didn't give up more than something reasonable in the trade. Suh is the real deal.