ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   So this officer takes my flask and drink today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106832)

Nzoner 12-20-2004 12:01 AM

So this officer takes my flask and drink today

There I was I had just gotten back to my seat with one of those $5.50 Sprites and had added some Seagrams from my cell phone flask when I hear someone yell,"CSI....incoming,incoming.!!!"

I look up just in time to see an officer and an Arrowhead security guy headed my way and looking right at me.

Knowing I was busted I hand the drink to him and he asks what I poured it from so I show him and he takes my flask saying nothing and turns and leaves.

I decide to get up and follow him because I really would like my flask back.

We get down to the concourse and he pours my drink down a drain then opens the flask and pours the remains of it out.All the while I'm asking to get my flask back and he's saying nothing.

Finally I tell him if he must just kick me out of the game but don't take my flask as it was a gift.

He asks if I'm a season ticket holder and I tell him yes and he replies,"You know if I write you up for this you'll lose your season tickets?"

So now I'm getting angry and tell him,"fine I'm not renewing them next year anyway."

He then makes a comment about what a unique idea the flask is and hands it back to me and walks off.I tell him Merry Christmas as he walks off.

I turn to go back to my seat and the security guy says,"sorry man that dudes got hawk eyes,if it'd be up to me no biggie you were being cool" etc.

Okay,I'm not saying I was right here but c'mon I been goin down to Arrowhead for 12 years,never been kicked out,written up etc. and yet deputy dawg has to act like this.

I can see it if I was being rowdy and starting some shit or something but I don't get it,I can pay $7.75 for a beer to catch a buzz but dare not pay $5.50 for a damn Sprite and add a little holiday cheer.

NOTE TO DELT IF HE READS THIS.........We should probably sit in a different section Christmas Day :D

Ultra Peanut 12-20-2004 12:04 AM

People = assholes

Rausch 12-20-2004 12:11 AM

Always mix it in the bathroom man...

Hammock Parties 12-20-2004 12:12 AM

That is why you keep the flask in a hip pocket and do it surreptitiously with the seat in front of you hiding what you are doing.

Mojo Rising 12-20-2004 12:21 AM

The best way to get booze into the stadium is a Camel Back. Fill it with the mixed drink of your choice and enjoy the game.

2bikemike 12-20-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising
The best way to get booze into the stadium is a Camel Back. Fill it with the mixed drink of your choice and enjoy the game.

Especially in KC where you have to wear so much clothing to stay warm.

Mojo Rising 12-20-2004 12:34 AM

At the Raiders Chiefs game last year it was cold. My Camel Back was under my coat and filled with Margaritas. I entered the stadium and the security woman told me to un-zip my coat so she could check me. To my amazement she let me pass without unzipping when I told her my zipper was stuck.

MichaelH 12-20-2004 06:47 AM

It's absolutely insane that grown adults have to sneak booze into a football game and gouge you with expensive drinks.

Marada 12-20-2004 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
He then makes a comment about what a unique idea the flask is and hands it back to me and walks off.I tell him Merry Christmas as he walks off.

I turn to go back to my seat and the security guy says,"sorry man that dudes got hawk eyes,if it'd be up to me no biggie you were being cool" etc.

Okay,I'm not saying I was right here but c'mon I been goin down to Arrowhead for 12 years,never been kicked out,written up etc. and yet deputy dawg has to act like this.

Hard to believe the guy has to have reading glass's to see the tickets isn't it. :) And I believe he wished you a Merry Christmas back.

Skip Towne 12-20-2004 07:48 AM

We really need to find an email addy where we can all voice our displeasure with shit such as this.

StcChief 12-20-2004 08:07 AM

I warned somebody about this a few days ago...
They watch the crowd like a hawk.

Not sure if it's worth it as much as seats cost to miss the game over some drinking? Why did you go to the game anyway?

Party up before coming in. Buy a few inside have a good time.

JazzzLovr 12-20-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
We really need to find an email addy where we can all voice our displeasure with shit such as this.

Yeah, maybe we can get some $100 vouchers or something...

Raiderhater 12-20-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf
I warned somebody about this a few days ago...
They watch the crowd like a hawk.

Not sure if it's worth it as much as seats cost to miss the game over some drinking? Why did you go to the game anyway?

Party up before coming in. Buy a few inside have a good time.

Like people don't pay an arm and a leg for the ticket and parking with out dropping $7.50 a brew once inside. If they did not insist on gouging you for beer (as well as everything else), people would probably be a tad bit more complient.

alpha_omega 12-20-2004 09:25 AM

Quote:

from my cell phone flask
Brilliant! I should have thought of that.

Predarat 12-20-2004 09:43 AM

That is awesome! A Cell Phone flask! What will they think of next? I have a plain flask that I fill up in the Bathroom. I have snuck it in many games and never been caught.

Miles 12-20-2004 10:17 AM

Sucks they made you pour your sip out but at least you got the flask back.

Im going to have to look around for one of those cell flasks. That would have come in handy during college FB season. Its a pain to smuggle stuff in when your going through the student entrance.

shaneo69 12-20-2004 10:31 AM

Nzoner, for $0.50 more, you could've gotten the "Bench warmer special" at the concession stand----hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint schnapps.

Not sure where you sit, but I'm up in row 27 of the upper deck, and there's no way any security people can see what's going on up there. People in my section don't even bother with a flask. At the end of the game, you look under the seats and you see a whole bunch of empty 1/2 pint bottles of various liquors.

Miles 12-20-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Gotta buy those little airplane bottles of booze. There's a bar near Sun Devil stadium called Bandersnatch that everyone goes to at halftime. They sell those little bottles of booze there so you can sneak 'em into the game. Even advertise them as "Smugglers".

Not a bad idea but how do you hide them? The cops pat down our pockets at the entrance.

I usually have to resort to pouring it in a ziplock bag and shoving it down my jeans.

Bob Dole 12-20-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Teg
Sucks they made you pour your sip out but at least you got the flask back.

Im going to have to look around for one of those cell flasks. That would have come in handy during college FB season. Its a pain to smuggle stuff in when your going through the student entrance.

http://store.keychains4you.com/noname70.html

$6.95

Brando 12-20-2004 10:54 AM

Bring it in Gerber juice bottles. The guys next to me do it and we do shots the whole game. That way if it's taken you're only out the booze. You can even argue that you're wife is in another section with your child.

Skip Towne 12-20-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole

Those only hold 4 oz. Do you think they'd smell a rat if I had three of them?

Bob Dole 12-20-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Those only hold 4 oz. Do you think they'd smell a rat if I had three of them?

No more than if you had the 1980's cell phone version required to hold 16 oz.

Braincase 12-20-2004 11:34 AM

My cell phone flask...

http://connected-earth.com/Journeys/...ges/TM0085.jpg

Phobia 12-20-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainCase

You have a pony keg in your section? I wanna sit near you.

Nzoner 12-20-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Hey, if the cop's gonna fuck with us either way, I'm at least gonna give him a good reason.

heh,when I get my letter from the Chiefs explaining why my season tickets have been revoked I'll post it here followed by a nice Thank You card sent to Carl.

gblowfish 12-20-2004 12:54 PM

The only reason they messed with you is because the Chiefs sell mixed drinks in Arrowhead, and you beat King Carl out of $7! Follow the money...follow the money...

Marada 12-20-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish
The only reason they messed with you is because the Chiefs sell mixed drinks in Arrowhead, and you beat King Carl out of $7! Follow the money...follow the money...

Where do the Chiefs sell Mixed Drinks in Arrowhead?

Nzoner 12-20-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish

What about the $5.50 I dropped for a Sprite?

shaneo69 12-20-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marada
Where do the Chiefs sell Mixed Drinks in Arrowhead?

Upper deck concession stands sell hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint schnapps for $6.00.

Phobia 12-26-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Oh, I think we have a winner.

I think we should change his name to Maranda.

LiL stumppy 12-26-2004 02:28 PM

Whats a flask?

Skip Towne 12-26-2004 02:39 PM

What happened to Endelt's rep?

LiL stumppy 12-26-2004 02:40 PM

Ask badgirl :)

Phobia 12-26-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

What happened to Endelt's rep?

Wish thread.

Marada 12-26-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

I just changed his title to "Deputy Dawg".

I don't know how often he logs in. I'd hate for him to have trouble.

Now thats too funny! Enjoyed meeting you guys. And getting that $5.50 off my chest!

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-26-2004 04:36 PM

I wore cargo pants with the big side pockets and had no problem sneeking a beer into the game. I'm sure I could have snuck more in if we hadn't drank them in the parking lot.

Skip Towne 12-26-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

Now thats too funny! Enjoyed meeting you guys. And getting that $5.50 off my chest!

Here he is guys, Nzoner's tormentor. Come gang up on this jack booted Nazi.

KCFANinNC 12-26-2004 04:57 PM

Dpon't you get programs?

That's how you conceal your pour.

Phobia 12-26-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Hilarious. I can't believe Nzoner got busted at the game and afterwards at ChiefsPlanet, too. An absolute classic ChiefsPlanet moment.

He called this morning and told me the story and I was literally rolling. Props for being a sport, Marada.

jspchief 12-26-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

There I was I had just gotten back to my seat with one of those $5.50 Sprites and had added some Seagrams from my cell phone flask when I hear someone yell,"CSI....incoming,incoming.!!!"

I look up just in time to see an officer and an Arrowhead security guy headed my way and looking right at me.

Knowing I was busted I hand the drink to him and he asks what I poured it from so I show him and he takes my flask saying nothing and turns and leaves.

I decide to get up and follow him because I really would like my flask back.

We get down to the concourse and he pours my drink down a drain then opens the flask and pours the remains of it out.All the while I'm asking to get my flask back and he's saying nothing.

Finally I tell him if he must just kick me out of the game but don't take my flask as it was a gift.

He asks if I'm a season ticket holder and I tell him yes and he replies,"You know if I write you up for this you'll lose your season tickets?"

So now I'm getting angry and tell him,"fine I'm not renewing them next year anyway."

I can see it if I was being rowdy and starting some shit or something but I don't get it,I can pay $7.75 for a beer to catch a buzz but dare not pay $5.50 for a damn Sprite and add a little holiday cheer.

NOTE TO DELT IF HE READS THIS.........We should probably sit in a different section Christmas Day :D

Sounds to me like the guy was pretty decent. He was only doing his job, and he was decent enough to return the flask to you. What more can you ask for? I'd look at it like getting caught speeding and being let off with a warning. Beats the hell out of having the book thrown at you, no matter how much of jerk the guy might have been.

If your sneaking booze in is supposed to be some sort of civil disobedience to protest the price of liquor in the stadium, the guy working security is hardly the guy to be bitching at.

Iowanian 12-26-2004 05:18 PM

Thats pretty damn funny...and why Chiefsplanet Rules.

I'm waiting for the day I see Lamar and hear him tell someone to "suk mah baows"

The question is, with Joe assess his cost of loss Booze and send an invoice in the amount of $6 in the valuable, valuable Neg Rep.......

Rausch 12-26-2004 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

So, I sit down with NZoner and his pals, and at the start of the game they notice "Deputy Dog". He comes walking up to our row w/ a big grin on his face, and folks are shouting, "He's comin' for ya!"

He comes up and says, "You should know, I'm an avid ChiefsPlanet poster." And hands NZoner a printout of this thread.

ROFL

Nzoner 12-26-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

You can only imagine what I was thinking as you were walking up the stairs towards us.I have to say this has been a helluva Christmas and birthday,thanks for the memory Jack,I will be saving the print-out of the thread.

Marada 12-26-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Hilarious. I can't believe Nzoner got busted at the game and afterwards at ChiefsPlanet, too. An absolute classic ChiefsPlanet moment.

He called this morning and told me the story and I was literally rolling. Props for being a sport, Marada.

Nzoner deserves props as well. Heck, he's the one that made it pretty easy. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that when you stand up, turn your back to the game and keep looking around to see if anyone is watching is a dead giveaway.

Nzoner 12-26-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Nzoner deserves props as well. Heck, he's the one that made it pretty easy. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that when you stand up, turn your back to the game and keep looking around to see if anyone is watching is a dead giveaway.

No doubt,I thank Carl for those small seats at Arrowhead for that.With the size of the guys sitting by me x 4-5 layers of clothing it was next to impossible to take a drink let alone pour from a flask.

Marada 12-26-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

No doubt,I thank Carl for those small seats at Arrowhead for that.With the size of the guys sitting by me x 4-5 layers of clothing it was next to impossible to take a drink let alone pour from a flask.

Sounds like the Planet crew needs to ban together and get one of the Arrowhead Suites. Did you get the message that I tried to find you all at B-5?

Dartgod 12-26-2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

Sounds like the Planet crew needs to ban together and get one of the Arrowhead Suites. Did you get the message that I tried to find you all at B-5?

Ahhhh. One of the B5 regular tailgate crew (not Chiefs Planet people) said some security guard from the Planet was by earlier. I couldn't for the life of me figure out who he was talking about. Now I know.

Marada 12-27-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Ahhhh. One of the B5 regular tailgate crew (not Chiefs Planet people) said some security guard from the Planet was by earlier. I couldn't for the life of me figure out who he was talking about. Now I know.

I kept asking them where you guys normally parked and got about 5 different answers. Never did find any of you. Even looked after the game. Looks like I'll have to wait till next year to try again.

Mile High Mania 12-27-2004 09:33 AM

That is a funny story!

I have to say that I was amazed at the amount of booze the security folks were taking from folks prior to the DEN game two weeks ago.

I went with my brother-in-law... saw many of the B5 folks and as we were going in, they must have thrown away half a dozen fifths of alcohol... dozens of beers. It was insane.

Skip Towne 12-27-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
That is a funny story!

I have to say that I was amazed at the amount of booze the security folks were taking from folks prior to the DEN game two weeks ago.

I went with my brother-in-law... saw many of the B5 folks and as we were going in, they must have thrown away half a dozen fifths of alcohol... dozens of beers. It was insane.

Hey, MHM, you're back. Could you give us a synopsis of your "Arrowhead Experience"? Did you have good seats, etc.?

Over-Head 12-27-2004 09:55 AM

Quote:

I kept asking them where you guys normally parked and got about 5 different answers. Never did find any of you. Even looked after the game. Looks like I'll have to wait till next year to try again.

It's really not hard to find the B5 Chiefs guy's hangout.
Just waltz through B-5 wearing a Raiderz jersey, holding a sign that say's "CHIEFSPLANET IS FOR HOMOS LIKE DARTGOD"
Then back track the string of hurled food to the originating source (making appropriate apologies when you arrive) :thumb:

Mile High Mania 12-27-2004 09:59 AM

Quote:

Hey, MHM, you're back. Could you give us a synopsis of your "Arrowhead Experience"? Did you have good seats, etc.?

Aside from it being as cold as I've been in years... and DEN playing like hell, it was a great time. I can't recall the section, but it was in the left corner / upper deck of the endzone that received zero sunlight. It was maybe 10 degrees outside (give or take a few degrees), but with the wind and no sun ... our section was ice.

So, after the first few series - we just moved to the sun. It wasn't an issue, b/c there were plenty of seat options.

Overall, the stadium was pretty cool. The atmosphere was great and the fans really got into it which made it exciting.

The funny part was getting there with my brother in law. He doesn't spend much time on the Internet, but I was telling him we would try to find the guys at B5. He was a bit perplexed that I was trying to meet people that I've only talked with on the Internet ... Chiefs' fans even. So, we pulled in and one section over from where we parked, I saw B5.

Cool! Then it dawned on me, it's arctic like temperatures and everyone will be wrapped up, how in the hell am I going to find these guys without walking up to each tailgating crew and asking "Are you the ChiefsPlanet crew?"

Then it happened...

I was telling Joel (brother in law) about a few of the 'characters' from the site. (We had already run into Weirdwolf howling in the parking lot.) I'm looking at the actual B5 sign and I see this dude, with yellow and red bell bottoms. I said "Joel, now be prepared... I think that's First Down Elvis... I think we get along, but I know we like kicking each other verbally in the groin on the message boards... this could be interesting."

So, I walked up to the group - I was wearing a DEN sweatshirt, so it was obvious that I was not a Chiefs' fan. StevieRay turned to me with this "who are you look" and I said "Stevie Ray?" He said "yes" and all I said was "Mile High Mania".

And from there, it was greatness. I met Dartgod, KC Dan, Jazzlover and several others. These guys cooked the hell out of a pig. Yes, a full pig ... not just a pork BBQ set up, hooves, tail, head... they pulled the skin off there and everything.

Overall, it was a great time... it could have been about 20 degrees warmer though. It was fun meeting everyone.

tburg 12-27-2004 10:06 AM

guess I should consider myself lucky for getting those two 16oz miller lites in at the donks game then...

Over-Head 12-27-2004 10:17 AM

Yes it sucks that concession stands gouge ya they way they do, but unfortunately “WE” the fans have created the situation.
If everyone would just STOP buying their high priced food/drink then possibly they would re-consider their pricing index.
But that ain’t gonna happen,,,so we just simply complain and deal with it.
Kinda like high-ticket prices.
We have “kids” coming out of collage who are brainwashed into believing their worth 6 mill up front etc…
And we the fans give the owners of the teams way too damn much money per game, just so Jim Bob can have his 6 mill up front with all kinds of incentives.

Marada 12-27-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head
Yes it sucks that concession stands gouge ya they way they do, but unfortunately “WE” the fans have created the situation.
If everyone would just STOP buying their high priced food/drink then possibly they would re-consider their pricing index.
But that ain’t gonna happen,,,so we just simply complain and deal with it.
Kinda like high-ticket prices.
We have “kids” coming out of collage who are brainwashed into believing their worth 6 mill up front etc…
And we the fans give the owners of the teams way too damn much money per game, just so Jim Bob can have his 6 mill up front with all kinds of incentives.

Three places that gouge you when you have no choice. Pro Sports Arenas, Airports and Hospitals. Lets go after them all.

Predarat 02-23-2005 11:39 AM

New Classic. Funny Story!!

Lefty's Alter Ego 03-08-2005 09:15 PM

There oughta be a law...

What is the world coming to when you can't even enjoy the beverage of choice when you are already paying out the nose for tickets.

Did the Dim's take over stadium security when we weren't watching?

Marada 03-12-2005 07:48 AM

Looged in this morning and low and behold the thread has got a couple more responses. I'll be running around all weekend now with a smile on my face rehashing the whole event. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys when the season fires back up. Do you attend the pre-season games or just the regular season?

Nzoner 06-02-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Looged in this morning and low and behold the thread has got a couple more responses. I'll be running around all weekend now with a smile on my face rehashing the whole event. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys when the season fires back up. Do you attend the pre-season games or just the regular season?

I had to relive this as well Jack,good times,as for your question I'll be at the pre-season,will you be working 338 again?

Marada 06-06-2005 06:42 AM

Quote:

I had to relive this as well Jack,good times,as for your question I'll be at the pre-season,will you be working 338 again?

I'll be there. And barring anything unforseen I should have the West End Zone again.

Marada 06-14-2008 06:58 AM

Planeteers, after 12 years of Arrowhead Security I've made the decision to hang it up. I had a 150 mile commute to work the games and I've reached the point where it's hard to justify. After re reading this thread I was tempted to continue just because of all the great people I met over the years. But hey, if any of you ever have an extra ticket drop me a note. Be kind of great to go to a game and be able to see the action on the field. It's been a pleasure.

Nzoner 06-17-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marada (Post 4793607)
Planeteers, after 12 years of Arrowhead Security I've made the decision to hang it up. I had a 150 mile commute to work the games and I've reached the point where it's hard to justify. After re reading this thread I was tempted to continue just because of all the great people I met over the years. But hey, if any of you ever have an extra ticket drop me a note. Be kind of great to go to a game and be able to see the action on the field. It's been a pleasure.

Damn Arrowhead will never be the same,good luck Jack

Nzoner 10-27-2011 07:03 PM

Bump for Arrowhead memories

Garcia Bronco 10-28-2011 02:39 PM

I live in DEnver and I think the cost of going to an NFL football game is a rip-off. It's just not worth the money.

Sofa King 10-31-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8056239)
I live in DEnver and I think the cost of going to an NFL football game is a rip-off. It's just not worth the money.

That's because the Broncos ****ing suck and the team is full of douchebags.

Halfmoon 11-23-2011 08:52 AM

like +++

very very nice, bravo!

Pablo 02-22-2012 07:52 PM

LMAO

This is a pretty good one.