ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Wonder Woman (2017) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301002)

BigRichard 05-09-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 12864405)
Am I the only one that finds Snyder's WW theme music (the electric guitar thing) absolutely ****ing atrocious? It is jarring and just ****ing terrible. How is it a reflection of her as a character? She is powerful, graceful, and intelligent. That guitar shit should be paired with a methed out junkie sidekick clown of Joker's that gets wiped out in the first battle of a film.
I hope Snyder disappears for a long while like M. Night did. That would be terrific.

To answer the original question... probably yes. I think most people love it.

Gravedigger 05-09-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Am I the only one that finds Snyder's WW theme music (the electric guitar thing) absolutely ****ing atrocious? It is jarring and just ****ing terrible. How is it a reflection of her as a character? She is powerful, graceful, and intelligent. That guitar shit should be paired with a methed out junkie sidekick clown of Joker's that gets wiped out in the first battle of a film.
I hope Snyder disappears for a long while like M. Night did. That would be terrific.

The guitar riff worked when she jumped in to melee with Doomsday signaling it was time to throw down, but as a main theme it's not a strong choice.

Buehler445 05-09-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Eh I dig it. I'm not any authority on anything abstract but you see the picture of this beautiful (and very skinny) woman, but the audience knows she's a BAMF so maybe the music intentionally clashes with the picture of her to remind the audience that she's not just a pretty face?

IDK. It doesn't bother me.

Red Brooklyn 05-09-2017 04:42 PM

This is gonna be great!

BWillie 05-09-2017 07:32 PM

Why do ppl want to recast Wonder Woman? You want some huge big boned woman to play WW? Youll lose alot of sex appeal. This WW chic looks very good to me and at least based on previews and BvS she looks like a very interesting character.

Buehler445 05-09-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12865079)
Why do ppl want to recast Wonder Woman? You want some huge big boned woman to play WW? Youll lose alot of sex appeal. This WW chic looks very good to me and at least based on previews and BvS she looks like a very interesting character.

I hope that wasn't pointed at my comment. I wasn't wanting a recast. Just commenting on the music.

unlurking 05-10-2017 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12865079)

any tits?

nope

Rausch 05-11-2017 10:46 AM

I'll admit that I don't give 2 liquid sharts about this character but it looks to be the best film out of the DCU.

Tribal Warfare 05-12-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12865797)
any tits?

nope

Alexandra Daddario it's a crime that she wasn't picked

Direckshun 05-13-2017 11:30 PM

Looks pretty good, but it really looks like she's powered down dramatically.

keg in kc 05-14-2017 10:29 AM

Word's out that is has screened for critics and although it's embargoed the reaction was very positive. I reiterate that this was critics, and not just Hollywood insiders all jerking each other off like you usually get with early reactions. Still dark like prior DC movies, but with more light and hope, however that works. Biggest props for Patty Jenkins (no surprise...) and Gal Godot.

CoMoChief 05-15-2017 10:06 AM

She's so hot.

Sure-Oz 05-15-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12871854)
Word's out that is has screened for critics and although it's embargoed the reaction was very positive. I reiterate that this was critics, and not just Hollywood insiders all jerking each other off like you usually get with early reactions. Still dark like prior DC movies, but with more light and hope, however that works. Biggest props for Patty Jenkins (no surprise...) and Gal Godot.

This is good..can't wait. heard it's 2 hr 21 min

keg in kc 05-15-2017 11:40 AM

Yeah, same length as man of steel apparently. Forgot to include that yesterday.

thabear04 05-16-2017 11:33 AM

Spoiler!