ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269732)

keg in kc 05-19-2014 01:16 PM

Knowhere looks pretty cool.

sd4chiefs 05-19-2014 02:20 PM

Trailer Two

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/crIaEzXgqto?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 05-19-2014 03:37 PM

Here's the official one, in case yours gets wiped like mine did...

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=591299944318365" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=591299944318365">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy">Guardians of the Galaxy</a>.</div></div>

unlurking 05-19-2014 03:49 PM

Oh...yeah.

:)

I have never read these, and based on the trailers I'm already more excited for this than both CA2 and Godzilla. I'll be glad if it even comes close to being as fun as those two. Hell of a year for movies for me. I'll probably see more in the theater than the last 5 years combined.

keg in kc 05-19-2014 03:52 PM

I read somewhere earlier that there'll be a third and final trailer before Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (July 11) which is another movie I'm excited to see.

unlurking 05-19-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10638840)
I read somewhere earlier that there'll be a third and final trailer before Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (July 11) which is another movie I'm excited to see.

Nice. There are at least 4 more movies this year I will see in the theater. Normally I'm a once or twice a year at most movie goer.

XMen
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Guardians of the Galaxy

keg in kc 05-19-2014 04:13 PM

Might see Edge of Tomorrow, depending on the reviews.
Ditto for Gone Girl.
Definitely will see Interstellar on November 7th.

Just Passin' By 05-19-2014 04:14 PM

I keep reading about the worry over Superhero fatigue, but I don't see any real signs of it. I think we get bad movie fatigue, but I think we actually cut these movies a bit more slack than we do with normal movies, because we're walking into the theater ready to suspend disbelief.

I think this one will have to make its money from word of mouth more so than a lot of the others, though.

Gravedigger 05-19-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10638876)
I keep reading about the worry over Superhero fatigue, but I don't see any real signs of it. I think we get bad movie fatigue, but I think we actually cut these movies a bit more slack than we do with normal movies, because we're walking into the theater ready to suspend disbelief.

I think this one will have to make its money from word of mouth more so than a lot of the others, though.

To be honest Guardians comes across as more Sci-Fi than Superhero movie, much like Dark Knight was more Crime Drama than your typical Batman Superhero film. I agree that the society is reboot fatigued though, people been complaining about reboots for awhile now.

keg in kc 05-19-2014 05:18 PM

They're doing what makes genre entertainment work: they're making every movie a little bit different. Thor had heavy science fantasy elements, Thor 2 was completely off the wall, Captain America was a period drama, Cap 2 was a political thriller. Etc.

Deberg_1990 05-19-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10638876)

There is definitely superhero fatigue with Spiderman. Sony isn't exciting anyone with these new films. Plus, its gotten sort of repetitive with so many films in 10 years. Keg is right, Marvel is keeping it fresh because each film feels different from one another.

The Spiderman films have a sort of "sameyness" to them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By 05-19-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10639235)
There is definitely superhero fatigue with Spiderman. Sony isn't exciting anyone with these new films. Plus, its gotten sort of repetitive with so many films in 10 years. Keg is right, Marvel is keeping it fresh because each film feels different from one another.

The Spiderman films have a sort of "sameyness" to them.
Posted via Mobile Device

The last two Spiderman films have been different. They've just been lousy, IMO.And, with all things seemingly leading to Oscorp for the next one, I don't have much hope that we're going to see a lot of improvements.

I do think most people would love to see what Marvel could do with Spiderman and X-men, but

Aries Walker 05-19-2014 11:40 PM

The reason we're not seeing superhero fatigue is because of Marvel, plain and simple. Now that Nolan's trio is over, and with the possible exception of the X-Men films, every other studio that's making superhero movies is sticking their foot in it.

beach tribe 05-20-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10640097)
The reason we're not seeing superhero fatigue is because of Marvel, plain and simple. Now that Nolan's trio is over, and with the possible exception of the X-Men films, every other studio that's making superhero movies is sticking their foot in it.

Yup.
I am so pumped for this flick, and what it means for for the future.
Marvel could blast out super hero movies for the next decade and be nowhere close to the bottom of the barrel.

Aries Walker 05-20-2014 11:51 AM

They have them tentatively planned out until 2028.