ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9200966)
That would be cool as long as we win again, otherwise it would suck.

:)

Wellll it would be hard to have an I-75 series II without the both of us. It's a deal. Win-Win for everyone :toast:

But, seriously both times we won lately, we stunk it up and barely got into the playoffs. We just got hot at the right time. That could happen for the Royals too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200977)
Wellll it would be hard to have an I-75 series II without the both of us. It's a deal. Win-Win for everyone :toast:

But more of a win for us... that's the most important thing.

:D

DeezNutz 12-11-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200959)
Maybe but its a moot point now.

Anyway, I hope you fans get to have some fun this summer. Let's have the I-75 Series II.

:toast:

Jenson71 12-11-2012 08:43 PM

Spring can't get here fast enough.

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9200982)
But more of a win for us... that's the most important thing.

:D

hey I going all cumbaya and you go all partisan.... where's that damn Derkinger call pic?;)

Ebolapox 12-11-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200959)
Maybe but its a moot point now.

Anyway, I hope you fans get to have some fun this summer. Let's have the I-75 Series II.

we'd have to have a FIRST I-75 series :spock:

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200891)
No way Mo our GM can expect a Calixte for a utility player. Nor anything less than a Meyer + more for any of those other pitchers you mentioned.

Kelly or Lynn maybe. For crissakes Lynn won 18 games last year.

I think DJ was talking about throwing in Kelly and Shumaker. Thats too much for me. I think Kelley would be your #2 or #3 starter. He throws in the high 90's and doesn't walk a lot of hitters. He's a top notch talent. And he's the grandson of Machine Gun Kelly. Think of the marketing.:hmmm:

Yeah, I'd expect more to be going St. Louis's way than Calixte in that scenario.

Seems like St. Louis will be in a good spot, with a surplus of young, power righthanders the Cardinals can dangle for a key piece.

With Calixte and Mondesi, the Royals could be in a similar spot (not now, but if both have the seasons the Royals brass think they will). SS and young, controllable SPs are some of the most valuable chips to have in excess. I could see some sort of matchup there down the road, but just a random thought.

Jenson71 12-11-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200990)
hey I going all cumbaya

Let's not be that friendly, please.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200990)
hey I going all cumbaya and you go all partisan.... where's that damn Derkinger call pic?;)

Are you really going to make me pull out the fact that Orta was then thrown out going first to third on a single by Sundberg... so the call was erased. Orta never mattered. Do I really need to go there again? I didn't think so.

;)

Please excuse my partisanship. 27 dry years and 10 championships behind will do that I guess.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9200998)
we'd have to have a FIRST I-75 series :spock:

LOL I didn't even catch it.

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9201000)
Let's not be that friendly, please.

But, we are not Rivals. We aren't in the same league. Why cant we all be get along?;)

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9201005)
LOL I didn't even catch it.

Been in Florida too long. Or too many drugs in my younger days.

SAUTO 12-11-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200977)

But, seriously both times we won lately, we stunk it up and barely got into the playoffs. We just got hot at the right time. That could happen for the Royals too.

I hate I-75.

Worst highway ever
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9201009)
But, we are not Rivals. We aren't in the same league. Why cant we all be get along?;)

Because we're full of jealousy and hatred. Trade us places and then ask us to be nice. Just sayin. Nothing personal.

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9201001)
Are you really going to make me pull out the fact that Orta was then thrown out going first to third on a single by Sundberg... so the call was erased. Orta never mattered. Do I really need to go there again? I didn't think so.

;)

You beat our ass fair and square.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9201001)
Please excuse my partisanship. 27 dry years and 10 championships behind will do that I guess.

No fan base is more deserving. :thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9201019)
I hate I-75.

Worst highway ever
Posted via Mobile Device

The one in Florida?

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9201022)
You beat our ass fair and square.
No fan base is more deserving. :thumb:

Christ... thanks for ruining a perfectly good dead horse kicking session.

BigMeatballDave 12-11-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9201019)
I hate I-75.

Worst highway ever
Posted via Mobile Device

I've driven the Dayton, Oh to the Florida turnpike so many times over the past few yrs.

Why do you hate it, other than driving through ****ing Atlanta

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9201026)
Christ... thanks for ruining a perfectly good dead horse kicking session.

If you have been paying attention I've been giving Royal fans major props for years. How many 100 loss seasons? How many hopeless seasons have you endured? Yet, you still go out to the K and support your team. Still have the passion. Any fan should admire that just from a fan perspective. Respect from a fan to another. No homo.

SAUTO 12-11-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9201029)
I've driven the Dayton, Oh to the Florida turnpike so many times over the past few yrs.

Why do you hate it, other than driving through ****ing Atlanta

Never mind Dave.

Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9201042)
If you have been paying attention I've been giving Royal fans major props for years. How many 100 loss seasons? How many hopeless seasons have you endured? Yet, you still go out to the K and support your team. Still have the passion. Any fan should admire that just from a fan perspective. Respect from a fan to another. No homo.

Yes I've noticed and it makes it hard to hate you like I'm supposed to. Just another example of Cardinals fans stealing all the fun lol.

SAUTO 12-11-2012 09:29 PM

On another note. Did anyone think greinke looked totally weird at his press conference, like he was freaking the **** out.
Posted via Mobile Device

KevB 12-11-2012 10:07 PM

So the Indians give up one year of Shin Soo-Choo and Tony Sipp and get back Trevor Bauer and Drew Stubbs? Damn. Stubbs isn't great, but he interesting with his athletic ability and defense. Bauer could be fronting their rotation within the next couple of years.

Mr. Laz 12-11-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9201042)

come on, man.

you know it's at least a little homo.

o:-)

alnorth 12-11-2012 10:19 PM

In the spirit of "oh well, I guess our GM decided to go for it, so lets go for it. Hey, maybe we'll get lucky" This is a fun article. This guy did what I thought about doing last night, but was too lazy.

How the Royals can win the AL Central

I wont paste the whole article, but in the end he's 2 wins short and trying to figure out where to stick them:

Quote:

Now we need to find two more wins among the position players.

There are a number of ways to do this, such as adding 0.2 WAR to every regular (boring), taking a couple regulars and making them a bit better (also boring), making Francoeur into an almost-average player (meh) or hand all of that WAR to one player (fun!).

I like the last option, even though it’s a bit reckless.

I’m going to give those 2 WAR to Hosmer and make him a 3.3 for 2013.

Hosmer rated 26th in WAR among the 30 players with 300 at-bats who played at least half their games at first base last season. Bumping him to a 3.3 would jump him 20 spots, to the point of being viewed among the better first basemen in the game.

So, Royals fans, that’s what you’re looking at. Unrealistic? Probably.

But here’s the key point: No one said this was going to be easy.

CaliforniaChief 12-11-2012 10:27 PM

How about raising $100 million and replacing Jeff Francouer with Josh Hamilton?

And then sending Hochevar, a couple of prospects, and a few million dollars for R.A. Dickey and a contract extension?

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 10:59 PM

Good lord, the Diamondbacks are just giving talent away. They must have REALLY soured on Trevor Bauer to move him for that package.

So far this offseason, they've traded Chris Young and Trevor Bauer in an attempt to find a shortstop and the best guy they ended up with is a no-slug guy with a career minor-league OPS under .700 (OK, so it's .699). OH, and he doesn't steal bases either. Didi Gregorius

I realize Young has warts, but he's still a strong defender in CF who is consistently 20/20 when healthy - and who looked like he was figuring it out before he got hurt last season.

And Bauer - despite his quirkiness and MLB struggles - was still dominant in his first run through the minors. Much more so than Danny Hultzen, and nearly as much as Dylan Bundy (probably better, comparing their higher minors numbers).

Makes me wonder what they would have offered up for Christian Colon. Towers has long been a fan of his, as have other guys in that front office. Colon hasn't been overwhelming in the minors so far, but his offensive profile is much better than Gregorius, though he doesn't project as well defensively at SS.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9201423)
Good lord, the Diamondbacks are just giving talent away. They must have REALLY soured on Trevor Bauer to move him for that package.

So far this offseason, they've traded Chris Young and Trevor Bauer in an attempt to find a shortstop and the best guy they ended up with is a no-slug guy with a career minor-league OPS under .700 (OK, so it's .699). OH, and he doesn't steal bases either. Didi Gregorius

I realize Young has warts, but he's still a strong defender in CF who is consistently 20/20 when healthy - and who looked like he was figuring it out before he got hurt last season.

And Bauer - despite his quirkiness and MLB struggles - was still dominant in his first run through the minors. Much more so than Danny Hultzen, and nearly as much as Dylan Bundy (probably better, comparing their higher minors numbers).

Makes me wonder what they would have offered up for Christian Colon. Towers has long been a fan of his, as have other guys in that front office. Colon hasn't been overwhelming in the minors so far, but his offensive profile is much better than Gregorius, though he doesn't project as well defensively at SS.

It would be great if they could put a package together to get Justin Upton and put him in RF.

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9201434)
It would be great if they could put a package together to get Justin Upton and put him in RF.

They won't move Upton now, they say. Sitting tight with him.

Makes you wonder if a package of Myers, Odorizzi, Montgomery, Colon and Orlando Calixte might have been enough to pry Upton and Bauer from Arizona, doesn't it? COnsidering they basically gave Bauer away.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9201442)

Makes you wonder if a package of Myers, Odorizzi, Montgomery, Colon and Orlando Calixte might have been enough to pry Upton and Bauer from Arizona, doesn't it? COnsidering they basically gave Bauer away.

Yes it does make me wonder!

Nightfyre 12-11-2012 11:18 PM

The more I think about the Royal's transactions, the more I begin to think that this is about creating a winning environment for the youngsters. The fact is that they need to have hope going into the season that they can contend. I mean, you could see the pressure that losing was creating on the younger guys last year.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9201442)

The Royals still have a lot in the cupboard and if the D'Backs are looking to dump payroll they may take on Francoeur and/or Hochevar because their contracts would come off the books after the season.

I understand this is pipe dream, but it's fun to speculate.

CaliforniaChief 12-11-2012 11:21 PM

I'll say this. The players seem more excited than I've ever seen on social media/through the news.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9201458)
The more I think about the Royal's transactions, the more I begin to think that this is about creating a winning environment for the youngsters. The fact is that they need to have hope going into the season that they can contend. I mean, you could see the pressure that losing was creating on the younger guys last year.

That is the one aspect that the Sabre stats guys can't measure. The human factor of feeling like you are playing for a team that is trying to win and not playing behind a SP that couldn't start on most other teams.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9201463)
I'll say this. The players seem more excited than I've ever seen on social media/through the news.

David Price was royally pissed too.

Prison Bitch 12-11-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200919)
Everyone of those pitchers have potential to be #1 or #2 starters on a playoff team. They all have 6 years of control left to their "owners". Thats as expensive as trades get.

Of course, Colby Rasmus also projected as a 3-hitter in the bigs. #5 (2009) and #3 (2010) overall in the BBAmerica prospect rankings. Hit 37 doubles & 29 HR as a 20 year old at AA before coming up. And hit 28 doubles & 23 HR as a 23 year old regular in the Cardinals lineup before being dealt.

And what was he dealt for? 1/2 season of Edwin Jackson and Octavio Dotel. So we see how Cardinal "can't miss prospects" do in fact miss. He's been atrocious in Toronto.

tk13 12-11-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9201458)

Dayton Moore has pretty much openly said this. One of these interviews he did this week, he told a story from a couple years ago where apparently Greinke asked him why he couldn't trade some of these prospects for major leaguers and make this team better. DM said he didn't think it was time for that yet... but now it is.

Prison Bitch 12-11-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200891)
No way Mo our GM can expect a Calixte for a utility player. :

Well he traded Skip today for a utility player who is not even ranked in the Dodgers top-10:

Top Dodgers' Prospects

1. Zach Lee RHP
2. Corey Seager SS/3B
3. Yasiel Puig CF/RF
4. Joc Pederson CF
5. Chris Reed LHP
6. Blake Smith RF
7. Garrett Gould RHP
8. Alex Castellanos 2B/OF
9. Scott Van Slyke OF/1B
10. Shawn Tolleson RHP

SPATCH 12-11-2012 11:55 PM

Came here for some info/opinions on the sherrill and wheeler signings... was disappointed

duncan_idaho 12-12-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9201523)
Came here for some info/opinions on the sherrill and wheeler signings... was disappointed

Sherrill is a sneaky little signing. Wheeler less so (though bullpen depth is always helpful).

If Sherrill comes back healthy, he could be a really nice LOOGY. They're planning to slot Donnie Joseph there, and I think he works out nicely, but it's good to have insurance at that spot if Joseph's control continues to be a major problem.

KC_Connection 12-12-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9200177)
I was thinking of J.P. Ricciardi.

Keith Law doesn't like Ricciardi at all, BTW. He's taken regular shots at him since he left the Jays organization. Doing so hasn't helped his MLB employability, I'm sure.

KC_Connection 12-12-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9200407)
I always have a hard time keep him and De Podesta straight. Not sure why.

Brainfart moment.

The two worked together under Beane in Oakland. So was Ricciardi the huge asshole that you talked to or was it still De Podesta?

kcxiv 12-12-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9201480)
Well he traded Skip today for a utility player who is not even ranked in the Dodgers top-10:

Top Dodgers' Prospects

1. Zach Lee RHP
2. Corey Seager SS/3B
3. Yasiel Puig CF/RF
4. Joc Pederson CF
5. Chris Reed LHP
6. Blake Smith RF
7. Garrett Gould RHP
8. Alex Castellanos 2B/OF
9. Scott Van Slyke OF/1B
10. Shawn Tolleson RHP

I think another team can trade for Zach Lee, imo, he's going to be really really good.

Puig is the only guy that imo is untradeable. they paid alot for the kid and he has enormous talent. He's gonna be a beast.

duncan_idaho 12-12-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9201553)
The two worked together under Beane in Oakland. So was Ricciardi the huge asshole that you talked to or was it still De Podesta?

It was De Podesta, definitely.

It was in the middle of baseball preview season, so I was doing a lot of random calls. Probably why the two blurred together for me.

Great Expectations 12-12-2012 09:30 AM

Are we still in talks with Dickey? He isn't much more expensive than Hoch is this year and will cost around 12 per year for a 2 year extension.

Toadkiller 12-12-2012 09:48 AM

They are playing the press conference for our new guys on 610. Starting to get a bit excited. I love their attitudes that is for sure. Ned brought me down when he said he feels like Hoch is going to turn a corner this year.

Great Expectations 12-12-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9202061)
They are playing the press conference for our new guys on 610. Starting to get a bit excited.

If you want to get excited read this:

http://www.royalsreview.com/2012/12/...rting-pitching

stevenidol 12-12-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9202061)
They are playing the press conference for our new guys on 610. Starting to get a bit excited. I love their attitudes that is for sure. Ned brought me down when he said he feels like Hoch is going to turn a corner this year.

James Shields has a great personality and you can tell he definitely expects to win. Wade Davis seemed like a pretty quiet guy, and Shields even answered a question for him at one point.

I am so excited for this season, and I will definitely be giving the team a standing O when they hit the field on opening day.

Strongside 12-12-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9202072)

Woa. This is going to be a fun summer if they get even close to that.

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9202072)

94-68! Woohoo! He was only 2 games off last season and he actually predicted 2 games worse than what we finished.

BigCatDaddy 12-12-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9202152)
94-68! Woohoo! He was only 2 games off last season and he actually predicted 2 games worse than what we finished.

They do that and people will come Mr. Glass, oooh the people will come.

alnorth 12-12-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9201523)

I liked it. They are both relief pitchers who are reasonable bounce-back candidates. Both signed cheap minor league "show-me" contracts, there's almost no risk, and now we might have some more bullpen depth.

The Tavaras signing looks pretty useless to me, even if we don't think he'll make the team I see no point in having him in Omaha, either.

alnorth 12-12-2012 10:46 AM

As of right now, CAIRO has us winning the division about 25% of the time and making the playoffs about 40% of the time.

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9202187)
As of right now, CAIRO has us winning the division about 25% of the time and making the playoffs about 40% of the time.

Do those win/loss totals even out the way they are supposed to? As in 2,430 victories and 2,430 losses?

Dartgod 12-12-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9202192)
Do those win/loss totals even out the way they are supposed to? As in 2,430 victories and 2,430 losses?

Not quite.

2431-2429

BigCatDaddy 12-12-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Orioles LMAO

alnorth 12-12-2012 11:06 AM

This year, losing more than 1 or 2 games to the Astros would be a serious setback.

ChiTown 12-12-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9202212)
Orioles LMAO

Where is our resident Orioles humper anyway?

siberian khatru 12-12-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9202239)
Where is our resident Orioles humper anyway?

You mean KnO'smo?

ChiTown 12-12-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9202244)
You mean KnO'smo?

:LOL:

Perfect

BigCatDaddy 12-12-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9202224)
This year, losing more than 1 or 2 games to the Astros would be a serious setback.

Meh, stuff happens. How many years to we win/split series with the Cards or Yanks and they still went on to have success.

Great Expectations 12-12-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

I'm starting to get very excited for this season. I wonder what our chances of making the playoffs would be if we traded prospects for Dickey? I also bet this doesn't take into account a Duffy and Paulino return for the 2nd half.

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9202203)
Not quite.

2431-2429

Lets give that extra loss to the Tigers and extra victory to us.

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9202465)
I'm starting to get very excited for this season. I wonder what our chances of making the playoffs would be if we traded prospects for Dickey? I also bet this doesn't take into account a Duffy and Paulino return for the 2nd half.

This makes me wonder, is it possible losing those two was a blessing in disguise? If they stay healthy we still don't make the playoffs or maybe even come close but with them going down the team was forced to go out and dramatically improve the rotation. If they stay healthy do we really get Santana, Shields, or Guthrie? Probably not. We probably win about 5-8 more games and that is good enough to continue relying on Hoch, Chen, and Mendoza/Teaford/Smith for longer.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-12-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

CAIRO 2013 v0.2’s Extremely Early and Completely Useless 2013 Projected MLB Standings

SAUTO 12-12-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9202587)
CAIRO 2013 v0.2’s Extremely Early and Completely Useless 2013 Projected MLB Standings

if i was you i would make sure to point that out. they only had the o's winning 74.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-12-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9202604)
if i was you i would make sure to point that out. they only had the o's winning 74.

Yeah cause they had the O's winning 69 games last year how did that work out?

duncan_idaho 12-12-2012 01:00 PM

Heard Eiland today saying August/September returns were what he was expecting for Duffy/Paulino. I'm sure that's a pessimistic estimate - Danny thinks he'll be back by June - but good for all of us to keep in mind.

duncan_idaho 12-12-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9202613)

It didn't.

The Orioles were incredibly good/lucky in one-run games. You outperformed your pythag ratings by 11 games, the most in baseball by far. It was nearly 2x as big a difference as the next-closest team (San Francisco).

16-2 in extra innings. (next closest was 11-5. 20 percent gap in WP%)
29-9 in one run games. (+10 compared to league average)

Those are ratios that are highly unlikely to be repeated. Yes, Baltimore had an excellent bullpen in 2012... but even a LITTLE slippage from that group could blow up a lot of what made Baltimore's

It's perfectly possible Baltimore will win just as much in 2013, but the O's would need to be a much better team to do that. It's also possible the O's are actually BETTER in 2013 than 2012 but have a worse record.

Cephalic Trauma 12-12-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9202613)

Stick to twitter and the orioles repository thread. You can't even type a grammatically correct sentence.

sedated 12-12-2012 01:33 PM

No need to throw out legitimate stats, trolls don’t like stats.

I’m beginning to think C&O is really an Indians/Tigers/White Sox fan. Why else spend so much time annoying Royals fans?

Paniero 12-12-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9202705)
Stick to twitter and the orioles repository thread. You can't even type a grammatically correct sentence.

Mr. Trauma, where's the subject in your first incomplete sentence? Orioles is a proper noun, yet you didn't capitalize it. It is also possessive in the manner used, but you didn't include the appropriate apostrophe.

Go Royals! GTFO if it isn't a worthy post.

BWillie 12-12-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9202705)

Grammar police coming to lay the hammer down on a message board!

Nothing I hate more than when ppl moan about grammar on a message board. In this day and age, most ppl are posting on a cell phone. As long as they get the point across, who cares if it's grammatically correct. You ain't gettin' graded on an essay here.

Saul Good 12-12-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paniero (Post 9202750)
Mr. Trauma, where's the subject in your first incomplete sentence? Orioles is a proper noun, yet you didn't capitalize it. It is also possessive in the manner used, but you didn't include the appropriate apostrophe.

Fail

Silock 12-12-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paniero (Post 9202750)

The subject is "you," as the first sentence is a command. That part is grammatically correct.

BigCatDaddy 12-12-2012 02:13 PM

This thread is starting to already develop a slight case of the AIDS.

tyton75 12-12-2012 02:13 PM

Man, when Duffy and Paulino are back to normal, our bullpen is going to be DEEP!

SAUTO 12-12-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9202652)
It didn't.

The Orioles were incredibly good/lucky in one-run games. You outperformed your pythag ratings by 11 games, the most in baseball by far. It was nearly 2x as big a difference as the next-closest team (San Francisco).

16-2 in extra innings. (next closest was 11-5. 20 percent gap in WP%)
29-9 in one run games. (+10 compared to league average)

Those are ratios that are highly unlikely to be repeated. Yes, Baltimore had an excellent bullpen in 2012... but even a LITTLE slippage from that group could blow up a lot of what made Baltimore's

It's perfectly possible Baltimore will win just as much in 2013, but the O's would need to be a much better team to do that. It's also possible the O's are actually BETTER in 2013 than 2012 but have a worse record.

no need for common sense, he doesnt understand it

Ceej 12-12-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9202835)
no need for common sense, he doesnt understand it

Yup. When he gets his shit pushed in he randomly and conveniently disappears.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-12-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9202838)
Yup. When he gets his shit pushed in he randomly and conveniently disappears.

Nope we will see in 2013 what happens. No need to talk about it.