ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Murder charges in revenge killing by father of children slain by drunk driver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269960)

ThaVirus 02-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Tests showed Banda's blood alcohol was twice the legal limit when his Chevrolet Malibu rear-ended the Barajas' family's Ford 250 truck that had run out of gas on an unlit county road near Alvin, investigators said. The inebriated driver failed to swerve or even apply his brakes before plowing into the truck and crushing Barajas' sons, David Jr., 12, and Caleb, 11
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but it sounds like the guy slammed into the back of the truck... with the kids in between the two?

****. That's terrible.

Demonpenz 02-12-2013 10:11 PM

Sounds like a Coors Commercial

Brock 02-12-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9398525)
Sounds like a Coors Commercial

My god.LMAO

mnchiefsguy 02-12-2013 10:17 PM

Tragic story. If there was ever a case to be made for temporary insanity, I think this would certainly qualify.

BWillie 02-13-2013 12:48 AM

Jesus Christ you people are demented....and you condone this sort of thing. Unbelievable.

If this guy doesnt get the worst worst possible manslaughter charge then it is bullshit. Guy should get murder charge IMO. He knew what he was doing all along.

BWillie 02-13-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9396659)
Sad story all around.....i want to applaud the Dad for doing the right thing.....but on the other hand, he made a horrible even worse.

"The right" thing? Get real. That is the absolute wrong thing. Kick his ass. Fine shoot him. fuck no.

Like it or not this was an accident. A grossly negligent one, but that doesnt make it right.

I can see all the lunatic dads on this thread. These are the type of guys that if your kid gets his ass kicked at school you go run over to the parents house with a bat. Idiots.

WhiteWhale 02-13-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9397708)
I'm sorry but if you have 2 more kids then you don't do that shit. Especially a daughter. The odds of her being somewhat unstable just increased.

The ****?

Yeah, because it's totally cool if the SON is unstable. :spock:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-13-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9396626)

But then again...how the **** do you allow yourself to run out of gas with your entire family in the car. This could have all been avoided with a trip to Shell.

This.

ChiliConCarnage 02-13-2013 07:43 AM

disgusting and sad :| We don't have all the details obviously but what were given I'd have to convict him. I'd hope for a lenient sentence though.

I wonder if the driver of the car was already dying before the father came back and shot him? He was still seated in the front seat of the car minutes later so I'd assume he was either unconscious, immobilized somehow, or badly badly injured. I wonder if that would change the fathers case for better or worse

Gary 02-13-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9396681)
I'd think one could claim temporary insanity, which is a viable plea in many states.

After watching your children crushed to death, it's pretty easy to see red and lose all sense of reason.

I could see almost any father would go full on Martin Riggs at that moment: http://youtu.be/mp9YWsV0W8I?t=1m15s

WV 02-13-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9398878)
"The right" thing? Get real. That is the absolute wrong thing. Kick his ass. Fine shoot him. fuck no.

Like it or not this was an accident. A grossly negligent one, but that doesnt make it right.

I can see all the lunatic dads on this thread. These are the type of guys that if your kid gets his ass kicked at school you go run over to the parents house with a bat. Idiots.

You witness two of your kids smashed to death by a drunk driver and you wouldn't act irrationally or possibly want to end this douche bags life?? I think he just followed through with what every normal father would think about doing. Good luck though re-living the tragedy over and over again in court while the drunk douche sits alive and well because he was negligent.

ReynardMuldrake 02-13-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9399004)
I wonder if the driver of the car was already dying before the father came back and shot him? He was still seated in the front seat of the car minutes later so I'd assume he was either unconscious, immobilized somehow, or badly badly injured. I wonder if that would change the fathers case for better or worse

He was drunk, so I'm sure he was perfectly unharmed.

Omaha 02-13-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9396714)
Sorry but I wouldn't have gone back to get my gun. I would've pulled a Vinnie Jones in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and just car doored that mother.

I don't like the idea of letting anyone think it's OK to take the law into his/her own hands.

That said, I can't even imagine what I'd do if this happened to me, but I think it'd be more along these lines. It makes me sick to even think about this.

Chief Gump 02-13-2013 10:55 AM

The only problem with this entire story is whether the dad knew the guy was drunk. Horrible accidents happen when people are completely sober, he could have been shooting someone completely sober. I still probably don't want him convicted of murder.

DonkyPuncher 02-13-2013 01:18 PM

Should have just beat him to death, as a father that's what I would have done..