ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft 2nd rnd. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon gone... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270124)

ARROW2 02-17-2013 11:37 AM

Can't you idiots see? The media doesn't want to have to talk about the Chiefs in a positive light, they want the top QB to go somewhere else so they can fawn over him there. They hate talking Chiefs....LMAO I'm laughing but it just seems weird that when we get the pick, there is no QB that's good and I feel that is bullshit.

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9410353)
Can't you idiots see? The media doesn't want to have to talk about the Chiefs in a positive light, they want the top QB to go somewhere else so they can fawn over him there. They hate talking Chiefs....LMAO I'm laughing but it just seems weird that when we get the pick, there is no QB that's good and I feel that is bullshit.

Yes, they would rather the top QB goes to one of those huge market teams like the Carolina Panthers...

milkman 02-17-2013 11:49 AM

I've given this some thought, and I've reached the conclusion that I won't give flying rat's **** what they do in the second roud, or beyond.

tooge 02-17-2013 11:50 AM

I won't care. I'll be a 49ers fan at that point

Dante84 02-17-2013 12:13 PM

Nassib

Reaper16 02-17-2013 12:24 PM

If that happens just draft a ****ing cornerback and hope you can trade into the top 10 next year for a QB.

Frankie 02-17-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9410039)
I would be willing to bet all of these QBs aren't gone round 1.

I agree. Plus Bray (if his head/maturity check out in interviews) is a 2nd rounder not a 3rd, IMO. We may even be able to trade down our 2nd and get him in the middle of the 2nd round. But I doubt he will survive past that.

Frankie 02-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9410078)
We'll know the plan well before the draft. We'll have a veteran most likely, and we'll know the direction for the first pick. It won't be an, "Oh no! We missed out on the QB, and now they're all gone!" situation, at least from their perspective. If they don't take a QB first, they're fully prepared for the top 2,3 or 4 to be gone and they're fine with that. If they want one of the QBs they'll get one of the QBs.

If we sign Alex Smith I'd almost bet our 2nd or 3rd pick is a QB. Another option is to try to get both AS and Foles (provided one comes in as a FA) and let them fight it out.

Frankie 02-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9410174)
Is it unrealistic to think the 4 QBs I named will be gone in the 1st?

You named 3 QBs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9410196)
LOL

I guess Stanzi just can't figure out the real estate game like Brodie Croyle

I haven't given up on Stanzi yet. Not with Reid as our HC. I'm not predicting this definitively, but he may prove to be a solid QB yet.

OK, I'm not saying Stanzi as a starter. Just saying he is probably better than the idiots in the last regime thought.

Lightrise 02-17-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9410353)

Finally, somebody tells the bottom line truth. Why did it take so long to get a first down here?

Coogs 02-17-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrise (Post 9410459)
Finally, somebody tells the bottom line truth. Why did it take so long to get a first down here?

It didn't. It gets mentioned in threads here fairly often.

milkman 02-17-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9410431)
I agree. Plus Bray (if his head/maturity check out in interviews) is a 2nd rounder not a 3rd, IMO. We may even be able to trade down our 2nd and get him in the middle of the 2nd round. But I doubt he will survive past that.

So, just so I understand, you worry about Geno's sideline frustration when things ren't going well, which only occured a couple times, and see that as a red flag which leads to questions for you about his viability as the #1 overall, but a guy whose maturity issues are Leafesque is worth a mid second rounder?

O.city 02-17-2013 12:58 PM

Here is what we do

@nfldraftscout: If #Chiefs want my opinion: Sign/trade for Alex Smith. Draft Matt Scott in Round 5. Cut Cassell. Sign Bowe. Draft Joeckel.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-17-2013 01:06 PM

Who is Matt Scott?

O.city 02-17-2013 01:06 PM

Arizona qb