ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The flawed logic of Mizzou fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193374)

Sam Hall 10-05-2008 08:31 AM

The flawed logic of Mizzou fans

You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

Something doesn't add up.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Callahan never would've apologized to the state like Pelini did last night.

Think about the things I have mentioned here.

milkman 10-05-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5082953)
You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Sounds like a load of crap of me.

Mr. Arrowhead 10-05-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

even tho mizzou fans will never admit, this post is very true

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2008 08:36 AM

Whatever makes you sleep easier after an ass raping...

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2008 08:36 AM

Oh, and I just read this a minute ago, not sure if it's been addressed.

Interesting.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...3?OpenDocument

Daniel says Husker spit on him
By Vahe Gregorian
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2008

LINCOLN, Neb. — Between comments coming from the Nebraska camp and Mizzou's 30-year stretch of futility here entering Saturday's game, MU quarterback Chase Daniel said he already was as fired up as he'd ever been for a football game.

But when a Nebraska player spit on him in pre-game warm-ups, Daniel took it all the more personally.

"Nebraska was definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've (ever) played," Daniel said after MU's victory, adding, "You've got to settle it on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

The Huskers repeatedly hit him late, in addition to the unidentified player spitting on a helmet-less Daniel.

"I never (had that) done before. I'm not going to say who it was," Daniel said. "He knows who it was and that's bush league."

Daniel also said Nebraska players were throwing balls at Tiger players during warm-ups.

"They wanted to shut us down," he said. "I think that ended within a minute of the game (starting)."

milkman 10-05-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5082965)
even tho mizzou fans will never admit, this post is very true

Why would they?

I'm not a misery fan, and as I said, it's crap.

Sure-Oz 10-05-2008 08:37 AM

I will take a national championship and not apologize for it because we don't have a long tradition of being awesome. When was the last time Nebraska was relevant, Scott Frost maybe? So MU should still take a back seat to Nebraska after we slaughtered them? f*** you!

luv 10-05-2008 08:37 AM

You'll take agression even if it means giving up tons of yards in penalties? In a more even match-up, that probably would have been the deciding factor in losing.

I'll admit that I'm unfamiliar with the traditions of college football. I know that Nebraska used to be a powerhouse. Last night, it seemed to me that Mizzou was more about revenge than it was tradition.

I've been known to be wrong, though. Just how I see it.

smittysbar 10-05-2008 08:38 AM

http://www.webdelsol.com/The_Potomac/issue2/crybaby.jpg

Sure-Oz 10-05-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5082970)

Interesting.

By Vahe Gregorian
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2008

LINCOLN, Neb. — Between comments coming from the Nebraska camp and Mizzou's 30-year stretch of futility here entering Saturday's game, MU quarterback Chase Daniel said he already was as fired up as he'd ever been for a football game.

But when a Nebraska player spit on him in pre-game warm-ups, Daniel took it all the more personally.

"Nebraska was definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've (ever) played," Daniel said after MU's victory, adding, "You've got to settle it on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

The Huskers repeatedly hit him late, in addition to the unidentified player spitting on a helmet-less Daniel.

"I never (had that) done before. I'm not going to say who it was," Daniel said. "He knows who it was and that's bush league."

Daniel also said Nebraska players were throwing balls at Tiger players during warm-ups.

"They wanted to shut us down," he said. "I think that ended within a minute of the game (starting)."

Bush league...**** Big Red....not even KU vs MU that shit would happen

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-05-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

kill yourself.

KevB 10-05-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5082970)

Interesting.

By Vahe Gregorian
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2008

Sounds like a Pelini team to me. He doesn't have self-control, so how can you expect his players to exhibit self-control?

Brock 10-05-2008 08:43 AM

Your "tradition" left town with Tom Osbourne. Seems like you're having a tough time adjusting to not being the big bully on the block anymore.

ImAWalkingCorpse 10-05-2008 08:45 AM

That does sound like something a current Nebraska team would do.. hell even Osborne's teams would still be trying to score when they were up 70-3, but I doubt any of their kids ever spit on an opposing player. I have never really met a Nebraska fan I like.

Bugeater 10-05-2008 08:52 AM

Sam, it's not worth the trouble. Let it go.