ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Bump 06-03-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8654322)
I always found that the biggest problem with Madden was that the person who played the game the best won. I've heard from more than one person the guy that won their Madden league took one of the worst teams and still won. As a test of strategy or franchise building, its a complete failure.

:spock:

Rasputin 06-03-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8651880)
They sure took it from one extreme to the other. Back in the day I could run PA all day and the defenders would all get sucked in. Now you could run all day and then run a PA pass once and it's an instant sack.

They did the same thing with screens. Just a couple years ago you could pop off a screen for 15+ anytime, in 2012 I was lucky if my RB caught the ball.

Tecmo bowl, Steve Deberg playaction fake with Christian Okoye Pass to Stephone Paige FTW!

kcxiv 06-03-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8654628)
Generally the best person does win in all sports games..

Leagues can be regulated. Online is is usually about who can exploit the most. But u do find some Good legit players online. At least I did back in the 2k football days. Met and played some damned good pllayers.

-King- 06-03-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

I always found that the biggest problem with Madden was that the person who played the game the best won. I've heard from more than one person the guy that won their Madden league took one of the worst teams and still won. As a test of strategy or franchise building, its a complete failure.

I uhhh... What?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus 06-03-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

So in your line of thinking the person who plays with the highest rated team should win? That would be horrible.

Bump 06-03-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8655188)
I uhhh... What?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that he's saying that if someone who never played the game before, picked up the controller and played as the Patriots, Packers or Giants should beat the best madden player in the world if that player chose an inferior team to play as, such as the raiders or redskins. That's some prize winning logic right there.

Lzen 06-03-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8649842)
That was the worst part of the game. I throw a pass 30 yards downfield, a LB 15 yards downfield shouldn't be able to intercept it or deflect it.

That is part of it. But also it's the fact that there is not enough arch on the ball. Those are a couple of gameplay things that they need to improve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8650058)
This along with the defender having his back to you and still knowing exactly where the ball is at all times.

This is one thing that REALLY pisses me off about Madden. I can't tell you how many times I'll run a play action (yes, a PA....it does work if you know when to use it) with the TE doing a flag route and the WR doing a streak and the DB with the WR turns around at exactly the same time I throw to the WIDE OPEN TE and picks it. How the **** does the CB know to leave the WR he's covering if he is looking the opposite ****ing direction? That same shit happens sometimes on NCAA, btw.

Lzen 06-03-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8651840)
That's good because calling a PA was essentially begging to be sacked.

If the defense is running a jailbreak blitz, you need to change the play.

Lzen 06-03-2012 09:42 PM

The main things I hate about franchise mode (besides what I already commented on) are that there are some random games every season where your defense just can't tackle for shit. The CPU will have a guy that breaks 3, 4, 5 tackles and goes for a big gain. WTF, Madden?

Also, my QB can be an outstanding passer but it seems that there are a few passes every game where he is not under pressure and just completely misses a wide open receiver.

Dayze 06-07-2012 11:13 AM

off topic...but I wonder how NCAA 13 will be.
I"ll wait for that thread.

The Franchise 06-07-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8665214)
off topic...but I wonder how NCAA 13 will be.
I"ll wait for that thread.

I got an e-mail yesterday saying that the demo was out. I might go download it tonight and play it through. NCAA is always a game that I buy....they haven't totally ****ed that one up yet.

Sorter 06-07-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8656406)
If the defense is running a jailbreak blitz, you need to change the play.

It doesn't apply to just jailbreaks. PA sucks in general on Madden. Its asking to get sacked.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-07-2012 02:28 PM

I usually went to a max protect if I did try PA. That helped a bit. It is completely broke though.

-King- 06-08-2012 12:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQ9Kpmd60qQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 06-08-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8665243)
I got an e-mail yesterday saying that the demo was out. I might go download it tonight and play it through. NCAA is always a game that I buy....they haven't totally ****ed that one up yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Gp7BjL2Gjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>