ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft No elite in this draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266016)

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:42 AM

No elite in this draft.

According to Todd McShay and Mel Kiper there is not an elite QB in this draft. They went on to say that there wasn't an elite LT, DE or pass rusher either.
After seeing this I thought I needed to share.

So we finally are going to have a top pick if not the top pick and there is not elite talent available for us to pick from. How frigging depressing.
We should of drafted Tannehill last year like I wanted. We would be in a position to draft Manti Te'O. The best player in the draft this season.

TEX 11-01-2012 08:44 AM

I was just thinking that the other day. That's why I bet anything the Chiefs go after another free agent QB.

mdchiefsfan 11-01-2012 08:44 AM

I don't care. Just get me someone with some damn potential. We will see if they become elite or not.

If they don't, rinse and repeat.

hometeam 11-01-2012 08:45 AM

http://www.athlonsports.com/sites/de...iper-Small.jpg

BigCatDaddy 11-01-2012 08:45 AM

How is Jarvis Jones not an elite pass rusher and he's also the best player in the draft.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 08:48 AM

Who ****ing cares? Sam Bradford was a brokedick mediocre piece of shit. You didn't see Rams fans crying their eyes out because he wasn't Matt Stafford.

Cheer the **** up. Geno Smith IS elite.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9070823)
How is Jarvis Jones not an elite pass rusher and he's also the best player in the draft.

Probably because he does not grade out. Don't know. Being Good does not make a player elite. He may be the best one this year but where does he rank against past ones that have went at the top of the draft?

Mr. Arrowhead 11-01-2012 08:50 AM

Aaron Rodgers wasnt considered Elite either

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 08:50 AM

I'd settle for any of Barkley\smith\Wilson, regardless of what ESPN thinks.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 08:50 AM

I'm getting so ****ing sick of this "Woe is us" attitude Chiefs fans are starting to take regarding this draft.

It's like they want change, just not this year. Like the Chiefs should just say, "Uhp, looks like there isn't a QB we like this year. Better start winning games until 7-9. NEXT year will be the year of suck for a QB!"

Just draft your QB and see if it works out. Geno will be good. I swear.

the Talking Can 11-01-2012 08:51 AM

i remember the elite draft grade they gave aaron rodgers....

buck up little sailor, don't let anyone harsh the joy of finally getting our QB

Geno Smith is a better QB than Tannehill (who I also wanted us to trade up for)

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9070830)
Who ****ing cares? Sam Bradford was a brokedick mediocre piece of shit. You didn't see Rams fans crying their eyes out because he wasn't Matt Stafford.

Cheer the **** up. Geno Smith IS elite.

I call tell you what I don't care about..The ****ing Rams and or their fans. They have drafted several 1st round QBs over the years. **** them.

I am not sold on Geno Smith either. From what I have seen I will take Tyler Wilson instead.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 08:57 AM

"Why couldn't we suck when Andrew Luck was available?"

Because Andrew Lucks rarely ever happen in the draft. Geno Smith is an above average top overall QB prospect. That's pretty ****ing good, I'd say.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9070837)
I'm getting so ****ing sick of this "Woe is us" attitude Chiefs fans are starting to take regarding this draft.

It's like they want change, just not this year. Like the Chiefs should just say, "Uhp, looks like there isn't a QB we like this year. Better start winning games until 7-9. NEXT year will be the year of suck for a QB!"

Just draft your QB and see if it works out. Geno will be good. I swear.

I am not all "woe is us" bullshit either.

WTF are some of you all that big of pussies. A little depressing or aggrevating is not the end of the world or anything. It is just more of a sign that our FO is not paying attention to what is going on around them. They should know what the next couple of drafts are going to have to offer for the most part.
And surely you don't believe that anyone is just going to turn a switch and all the sudden we can start winning. It doesn't work like that. I never have wanted to suck for anything. **** that too.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 08:59 AM

It's just in our nature to be pessimistic at this point.