ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution: JJ Abrams, SciFi, Post-Apocalypse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255936)

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2012 11:36 PM

This show has so many holes.

LMAO

How did she send that IM? Who is running the network for the internet?

There is fire but combustion engines don't work?

notorious 09-20-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932319)
I'm watching the pilot now. First thing I notice is how everybody has nice clothes, is well groomed and basically look like models. Yeah, that would happen in a post-apocalyptic world. LMAO

Not terribly impressed so far. It should at least be better than The Postman. So far, it isn't.

Did you watch it with me and my wife? We both noticed the exact same thing.

Just like Falling Skies and Walking Dead, they missed a fantastic opportunity to build the characters while showing the chaos after things shut down.

notorious 09-20-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8932322)

LMAO

Last time I checked a bullet or musket needs to ignite in order to fire it. Physics not working anymore is going to take some explaining.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2012 11:51 PM

I knew this would be the dumbest show of all time.

And people have the gall criticize Manimal.

Tsk, tsk.

Frazod 09-20-2012 11:51 PM

Finished the pilot. Very Lost-ish. And unfortunately, I remember how Lost strung us along for years and then ended in a mind-numbing train wreck.

Against my better judgment, I'll check out the next episode, but I'm reminded of the definition of insanity. :banghead:

Frazod 09-20-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8932332)

Just like Falling Skies and Walking Dead, they missed a fantastic opportunity to build the characters while showing the chaos after things shut down.

Good to know that the survivors still have easy access to toothpaste, orthodontists, stylists, shampoo and the clothing department of JCPenney. :D

KevB 09-20-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932346)
Good to know that the survivors still have easy access to toothpaste, orthodontists, stylists, shampoo and the clothing department of JCPenney. :D

More like Abercrombie

NJChiefsFan 09-20-2012 11:57 PM

I thought it was alright. Not great, but if I had the second episode taped I would have watched it after the first. I don't really have an issues with planes falling, assuming there is an eventual real answer for it. I would say the lack of guns would be due to not being able to make extra bullets and the control of them by the Militia.

Some things seemed a little to thin or straight forward, which is a little concerning. Lacking layers is usually what kills end of the world shows. Hopefully the flashbacks will be a comfort to an J.J. show. The necklace/memory card thing, black woman, and that network seems a little interesting anyway.

I think the turning point on whether its a good show or not are going to be the memory card/network and how deep the Militita guys story angle is. I am not annoyed by any of the main characters which is a good start.

notorious 09-20-2012 11:58 PM

Gus was pretty good, though. That man can act.

NJChiefsFan 09-20-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8932332)

Walking Dead did fail to do enough with that, but if this show lasts I doubt they pass up on it. I would imagine J.J. is planning to explain it like he did on Lost if given the time.

007 09-20-2012 11:59 PM

just wait until they introduce the numbers.

notorious 09-20-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8932350)
. I am not annoyed by any of the main characters which is a good start.

The son needs to die for being a ****ing BlackBob.

NJChiefsFan 09-21-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

LMAO

I don't think the first issue is a hole, its just a big part of the story not told yet. The second issue you have is legit though.

Frazod 09-21-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8932349)
More like Abercrombie

Good point.

007 09-21-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8932352)
Gus was pretty good, though. That man can act.

I liked him all the way back to Bakersfield PD.

notorious 09-21-2012 12:04 AM

They are in the Matrix, and Morpheus is just ****ing around with the physics engine.

Frazod 09-21-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8932355)
Walking Dead did fail to do enough with that, but if this show lasts I doubt they pass up on it. I would imagine J.J. is planning to explain it like he did on Lost if given the time.

Which brings us to one of the most annoying aspects of Lost - episodes that were almost completely flashbacks that advanced the linear story about 5 minutes. God I hated that - I nearly quit watching in Season 2 because of that and later wished I had.

I guess this time the backstory is more interesting than the present story, though, so maybe flashbacks will be a good thing.

The more I think about this the more annoyed I'm getting. **** you, Abrams. I hope you don't plan on getting all flashbacky in the next Star Trek movie. :grr:

NJChiefsFan 09-21-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932366)
Which brings us to one of the most annoying aspects of Lost - episodes that were almost completely flashbacks that advanced the linear story about 5 minutes. God I hated that - I nearly quit watching in Season 2 because of that and later wished I had.

I guess this time the backstory is more interesting than the present story, though, so maybe flashbacks will be a good thing.

The more I think about this the more annoyed I'm getting. **** you, Abrams. I hope you don't plan on getting all flashbacky in the next Star Trek movie. :grr:

I liked the way Lost was. I am probably more patient than most TV viewers are. Not saying you aren't patient or not justified in your anger, just saying I am maybe patient to a fault. I also really liked his Star Trek movie but am not a Star Trek viewer so I can't really judge it in that way.

I liked all the seasons of Lost. Wasn't a fan of the ending as most weren't but I didn't freak out about it. I still enjoyed the series. The one thing is I used to be able to watch the reruns, after seeing the ending I can't. People who watched it on DVD sure got a huge help though not having to wait 6 months for the premiere each year.

DaneMcCloud 09-21-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8932376)
I liked the way Lost was. I am probably more patient than most TV viewers are. Not saying you aren't patient or not justified in your anger, just saying I am maybe patient to a fault. I also really liked his Star Trek movie but am not a Star Trek viewer so I can't really judge it in that way.

I liked all the seasons of Lost. Wasn't a fan of the ending as most weren't but I didn't freak out about it. I still enjoyed the series. The one thing is I used to be able to watch the reruns, after seeing the ending I can't. People who watched it on DVD sure got a huge help though not having to wait 6 months for the premiere each year.

The LOST ending sucked so much as that if Lindelof were a chick, I'd skull**** her upon sight.

**** LOST, **** Lindelof and his snide, shitty attitude and **** Carlton Cuse.

keg in kc 09-21-2012 12:23 AM

The thing that bugged me the most is that it looked like centuries had passed, not 15 years. The way that everything was overgrown.

Frazod 09-21-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8932384)
The thing that bugged me the most is that it looked like centuries had passed, not 15 years. The way that everything was overgrown.

Actually that was probably fairly accurate (perhaps the most accurate part of it). Nature reclaims civilization in a hurry when it isn't tended to.

NJChiefsFan 09-21-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8932379)
The LOST ending sucked so much as that if Lindelof were a chick, I'd skull**** her upon sight.

Haha fair enough. It didn't reflect the work they put into the rest of the show, that's for sure. Lendelof and Cuse had done a good job up until then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932385)
Actually that was probably fairly accurate (perhaps the most accurate part of it). Nature reclaims civilization in a hurry when it isn't tended to.

Indeed. Weeds ect. don't mess around.

Frazod 09-21-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

I'm sort of that way with Battlestar Galactica, too, although not nearly to the same extent, since it was an infinitely better show. However.....

If the Cylons were created by man, how in the **** did some of them end up being reincarnated from other Cylons who had lived on another planet halfway across the galaxy centuries earlier? And what was the deal with the angels? And why the **** would everybody wander off alone on a new, unexplored planet and shitcan all of their ships and technology? And.... ****, I could go on all night, but I guess what I'm saying is that often the trip is better than the destination.

Frazod 09-21-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8932387)
Indeed. Weeds ect. don't mess around.

Yep. I find footage of Pripyat (near Chernobyl) fascinating. Modern city, forever abandoned. It's amazing how much nature has encroached on it. The area near the power plant in Japan will be the same way.

WoodDraw 09-21-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8932355)

I doubt JJ is very involved with this, if at all. He's taken a hands off approach to all of "his" television shows for awhile now.

Deberg_1990 09-21-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Lindelof was also the guy who wrote Prometheus. and of course he left everything opened ended with more questions than answers. Par for the course with this guy.

Bump 09-21-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8932366)

women love that cheesy flashback crap. They eat it up like a squirrel on a nut. Women watch more TV than men, do the math...

NJChiefsFan 09-21-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 8932431)
I doubt JJ is very involved with this, if at all. He's taken a hands off approach to all of "his" television shows for awhile now.

From what I understood he was around to get Lost going before handing it over completely. I just assumed that is what he was doing with this one.

cookster50 09-25-2012 06:09 AM

I really really really don't like the girl. Something about the shape of her face just annoys me.

Bump 09-25-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 8949034)
I really really really don't like the girl. Something about the shape of her face just annoys me.

well she's a pretty lame actress, but pretty hot if you ask me.

she is already getting annoying. "no, don't kill that guy that just tried to kill you..."

come the **** on...

Ceej 09-25-2012 01:39 PM

Forgot to watch last night.

Oops.

Chiefnj2 09-25-2012 01:44 PM

Revolution Spoiler - they all died and are caught in a spiritual limbo.

Frazod 09-25-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8950137)

Oops.

They have that shit on opposite MNF? Wow. No wonder everybody looks like a model - apparently their target audience is teenage girls. :shake:

keg in kc 09-25-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8950137)

Oops.

I didn't forget to watch, but it plays directly against Castle, Hawaii 5-O and MNF.

Revolution replays Saturday at 7 according to my DVR.

Great Expectations 09-25-2012 03:56 PM

I liked the first episode, the second one sucked. Might watch third one.

oldandslow 09-25-2012 03:57 PM

Liked last night more than episode 1.

More Elizabeth Mitchell is prolly the reason.

Ratings also held up...about 9.5 mil...really good against Castle and H50.

"Even though it was up against returning dramas “Castle” and “Hawaii Five-O,” which both had their season premieres Monday night, “Revolution” managed to retain an impressive 85% of its audience. It was also the leader among the coveted 18-49 age group in its 10 p.m. time slot. "

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,5151109.story

BigMeatballDave 09-25-2012 09:54 PM

Was that a cattle prod?

That works, but they can't generate a spark to run an internal combustion engine?

Ceej 09-25-2012 10:12 PM

Will they re-air episode 2?

Or am I better finding it online somewhere?

Lzen 09-25-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8951420)
Will they re-air episode 2?

Or am I better finding it online somewhere?

Channel 27 on Saturday night at 7pm.

Buck 09-25-2012 10:34 PM

I think the thing I like least is that it is too clean. Meaning there is a distinct lack of dust and dirt.

Bump 09-25-2012 10:48 PM

the fact they are wearing new clothing kinda bugs me. After 15 years I'd imagine all of the clothing stores would have been looted and unless they were all wrapped in plastic for 15 years, they wouldn't look brand new. Would have been better if they would have thought of that.

Buck 09-25-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8951489)
the fact they are wearing new clothing kinda bugs me. After 15 years I'd imagine all of the clothing stores would have been looted and unless they were all wrapped in plastic for 15 years, they wouldn't look brand new. Would have been better if they would have thought of that.

Exactly.

Just finished the episode and I gotta say I'm digging it even though it is goofy.

When I saw, "Randall is here." I got pretty excited because a bad guy named Randall can only be a reference to one person....and that person is Evil Incarnate.

notorious 09-25-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8951501)
Exactly.

Just finished the episode and I gotta say I'm digging it even though it is goofy.

When I saw, "Randall is here." I got pretty excited because a bad guy named Randall can only be a reference to one person....and that person is Evil Incarnate.

The Walking Dude?

I have not watched the recent episode of Revolution, but a "The Stand"-like series would be awesome.

kaplin42 09-26-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8932356)
just wait until they introduce the numbers.

After the computer in the pilot episode, I thought the exact same thing. Seems like every show is just trying to recreate Lost.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8951546)
After the computer in the pilot episode, I thought the exact same thing. Seems like every show is just trying to recreate Lost.

Especially when it's created and produced by the same people.

Alcatraz was the same exact way earlier this year. They kept referring to "The Island", had flashbacks, a "scheme", time travel, etc.

**** all of them for ****ing up Season Six of Lost, especially that dickfoot Lindelof.

cookster50 09-26-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8951382)
Was that a cattle prod?

That works, but they can't generate a spark to run an internal combustion engine?

He had a special locket also.

Deberg_1990 09-26-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8951489)

yea, and what about personal hygiene? Hair, makeup, etc......

OmahaChief 09-26-2012 07:15 AM

Enjoyed the 2nd Ep. It is keeping me intererested but I am a sucker for these types of shows. Would have liked to see them loot the bodies of the people they killed though, just to make it more realistic. You just don't leave shoes, boots and the like laying around.

Frazod 09-26-2012 03:26 PM

I think I'm cured. I have absolutely no desire to continue watching this now.

Thank God.

Baby Lee 09-26-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

The pessimist in me has me thinking that the writers don't know that fire from friction involves the same electro-magnetic mechanisms as a spark plug, and that those same electro-magnetic mechanisms keep molecules, and all of matter together.

If energy itself ceased to exist. Everything would cool to 0K and individual atoms would just wander aimlessly through space.

Ceej 09-26-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8952824)

Thank God.

This doesn't sound very promising.

I've not been able to watch a series (other than Walking Dead) in a long, long time.

There isn't much out there that grabs me.

:shrug:

Frazod 09-26-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8952915)
This doesn't sound very promising.

I've not been able to watch a series (other than Walking Dead) in a long, long time.

There isn't much out there that grabs me.

:shrug:

There are only a handful of network shows left that I watch, and I doubt if I'd watch any of them if it wasn't for the wife. The only shows I record on my own are Archer, Game of Thrones, Burn Notice, Spartacus and Pawn Stars.

Buck 09-26-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8952824)

Thank God.

Although it's not very good, I think it's better than any SyFy series that has come out since BSG ended.

Frazod 09-26-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8953155)
Although it's not very good, I think it's better than any SyFy series that has come out since BSG ended.

That's just not enough. It's basically a watered down Postman turned into a series with a silly gimmick, starring models with perfect teeth and hair and designer clothes. If it catches on, it will meander around for years annoying me more and more until it wraps up with a ****tarded ending that will make me want to shoot my TV.

If I want to be annoyed by something on TV, I already have the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz 09-26-2012 07:48 PM

Girl is annoying

reminds me a little bit of jericho

Bump 09-26-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8953270)
Girl is annoying

reminds me a little bit of jericho

except Jericho was fantastic

Mr. Laz 09-26-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8953273)
except Jericho was fantastic

i meant the general premise, not the entire show

all the secret society crap where it ends up being a conspiracy and that crap

Deberg_1990 09-26-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8953252)
That's just not enough. It's basically a watered down Postman turned into a series with a silly gimmick, starring models with perfect teeth and hair and designer clothes. If it catches on, it will meander around for years annoying me more and more until it wraps up with a ****tarded ending that will make me want to shoot my TV.

If I want to be annoyed by something on TV, I already have the Chiefs.

Heh....I'm really starting to hate network tv shows. It's either reality singing competitions, shows like this that are so watered down for the "family audience" they lose their edge, or typical CBS paint by numbers procedurals for the blue haired audience. Blah.....

Ceej 09-26-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8953094)
There are only a handful of network shows left that I watch, and I doubt if I'd watch any of them if it wasn't for the wife. The only shows I record on my own are Archer, Game of Thrones, Burn Notice, Spartacus and Pawn Stars.

I really get into Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Most Bizarre Foods, No Reservations, Shipping Wars, Toy Hunter, and The Walking Dead.

Quite a group, I know.

NJChiefsFan 09-27-2012 12:04 AM

I still like it enough to give it a chance, but its going to have to add some depth and some more twists for me to lock on. I did like that the mother is still alive and the whole American Revolution angle. The girl is really on the edge of pissing me off. Hopefully the "real world" stuff gets her to character to pull it back a level.

Great Expectations 09-27-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8953420)
I really get into Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Most Bizarre Foods, No Reservations, Shipping Wars, Toy Hunter, and The Walking Dead.

Quite a group, I know.

No Reservations is great. I used to watch the Food Network all the time, now they just show gimmicky reality shows.

Bump 09-27-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8953420)

Quite a group, I know.

ya I'm drawn to these antique reality shows. Pawn Stars, Auction Kings, Storage Wars and Auction Hunters. Although, Auction Hunters is pretty damn stupid with that dude who is always acting goofy for the camera. I also watched Barter Kings a few times and that's as scripted as scripted gets.

I also dig some of these cop reality shows. Love Cajun Justice, even if it's fake it's still entertaining. Wild Justice, Northwoods Law are also solid.

Richard_Cuckold 09-27-2012 11:33 AM

I need to see this

Buck 10-18-2012 11:57 PM

I'm still watching. Its half dumb but half intriguing. Hope the show gets better.

J Diddy 10-19-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9029919)
I'm still watching. Its half dumb but half intriguing. Hope the show gets better.

I think it'd be a whole lot better if the acting didn't come across like a soap opera.

NJChiefsFan 10-20-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9029919)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9030027)
I think it'd be a whole lot better if the acting didn't come across like a soap opera.

FYI..There is another Revolution thread, that while smaller, has all the updated posts about the show.

notorious 03-08-2013 08:26 PM

What ever happened with this pile of shit? Did it get better?

007 03-08-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9478158)
What ever happened with this pile of ****? Did it get better?

Not really. Hell, I've already forgotten most of what happened other than the bad guy has access to electricity now.

Deberg_1990 03-08-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9478158)
What ever happened with this pile of shit? Did it get better?

It's been on its winter break for months. I think it's coming back soon.

mnchiefsguy 03-08-2013 09:21 PM

Has it been renewed for a second season? I did not start watching it because I did not want to like it and have it cancelled before it got off of the ground.

Deberg_1990 03-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9478302)
Has it been renewed for a second season? I did not start watching it because I did not want to like it and have it cancelled before it got off of the ground.

I'm not sure, but it got a full season order. I think it's been doing ok in the ratings.

mnchiefsguy 03-08-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9478310)
I'm not sure, but it got a full season order. I think it's been doing ok in the ratings.

I will probably wait to start watching. I DVR'd the first few episodes of Zero Hour, and was waiting to see if it would take off, and it has been axed already, so I am glad I did not invest any time in it.

Beef Supreme 03-26-2013 11:30 AM

Season 1.5 started last night. I didn't start watching this show until after the first half season was already over. Caught up with it watching them on-demand. It's no Game of Thrones or Justified, but I like it.

hometeam 03-26-2013 06:33 PM

Gonna watch it tonight on DVR, i thought it had been canceled. It is decent but needs to step up its game to compete with other hour long action/dramas out right now.

Pitt Gorilla 03-26-2013 06:35 PM

I couldn't figure out why Cousin Johnny could suddenly walk so well.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-03-2013 09:34 PM

What a end to the season wow.

notorious 06-03-2013 09:36 PM

This is still on?

mnchiefsguy 06-03-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9727892)
This is still on?

Good question...did it get renewed for a second season?

Beef Supreme 06-04-2013 08:57 AM

They killed Latina Barbie

Silock 05-12-2014 01:24 AM

Cancelled.