ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *** 2018 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314667)

Tribal Warfare 04-03-2018 07:28 PM

https://twitter.com/TheSchiffMan/sta...990650880?s=19

Former Mizzou offensive guard Adam Ploudre will workout with the Chiefs on Friday, per a source. Itís the Chiefs' Local Pro Day.

The Franchise 04-04-2018 11:03 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs are bringing in Yale LB Foye Oluokun for a visit, per a league source</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/981562667231055872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kansas TE Ben Johnson has been invited to the Chiefs’ local pro day, per a source</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/981358828485783552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 04-05-2018 09:48 AM

Not really a visit. Just thought it was interesting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting note: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> were at the Jacksonville State pro day. Among participants was Cornerback Al Harris Jr., son of Chiefs Cornerbacks and Secondary coach Al Harris.</p>&mdash; scoutingbychuck (@funderpunt) <a href="https://twitter.com/funderpunt/status/980876073209655296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 04-05-2018 09:55 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Northern Iowa WR Daurice Fountain pro day results:<br><br>6-foot-1 210lbs<br><br>4.48 40 yard dash<br>42.5 vertical jump!!!!!<br>11’2” broad jump!!!!<br><br>Has official visits set with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cowboys</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jaguars</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ravens</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rams?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Rams</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> and more coming in. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLDraft?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFLDraft</a></p>&mdash; Connor (@ConnorNFLDraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/ConnorNFLDraft/status/978041272236695553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chief Northman 04-05-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13504180)
Not really a visit. Just thought it was interesting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting note: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> were at the Jacksonville State pro day. Among participants was Cornerback Al Harris Jr., son of Chiefs Cornerbacks and Secondary coach Al Harris.</p>&mdash; scoutingbychuck (@funderpunt) <a href="https://twitter.com/funderpunt/status/980876073209655296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Siran Neal was likely the real draw at the Jacksonville State pro day. Former corner converted to safety with formidable coverage skills.

Dante84 04-05-2018 01:02 PM

These TE's are pretty "meh." Haven't watched a ton of tape on these other positions yet, either, though.

For those who follow this more closely, what names on this list should get me/us excited?

Dante84 04-05-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13504452)
Siran Neal was likely the real draw at the Jacksonville State pro day. Former corner converted to safety with formidable coverage skills.

Makes sense; had him on the list already.

Maybe we're really focused on him?

Tribal Warfare 04-05-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13504452)
Siran Neal was likely the real draw at the Jacksonville State pro day. Former corner converted to safety with formidable coverage skills.

Siren Neal is a SPARQ standout too

Dante84 04-05-2018 01:04 PM

Also - updated. We're at 95(!) names.

Dante84 04-05-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13504460)
Siren Neal is a SPARQ standout too

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5QrFj8M2cHI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Northman 04-05-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13504455)
These TE's are pretty "meh." Haven't watched a ton of tape on these other positions yet, either, though.

For those who follow this more closely, what names on this list should get me/us excited?

My issue with this TE class is that the good ones will likely be over-drafted. The top talents project to be average starters and each with a bit of warts to their game, namely an inability to in-line block.

The pass catchers are just that - they do little to no blocking and are flex/slot alignment guys: Goedert, Gesicki, Thomas, etc.
The in-line guys donít seem to have a lot of receiving threat upside.

I like Goedert a lot, but I think KC needs a more versatile guy who can factor in the run game. If Iím KC, I try to get Marcedes Lewis on a cheap one year deal. They investigated Ben Watson, so maybe that is a sign they are not enamoured with what the draft presents in terms of value/versatility, but they have met with a number of TE draft prospects...

staylor26 04-05-2018 01:57 PM

If we don’t get a safety on day 2, I love Neal in the 4th.

Dante84 04-05-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13504543)
My issue with this TE class is that the good ones will likely be over-drafted. The top talents project to be average starters and each with a bit of warts to their game, namely an inability to in-line block.

The pass catchers are just that - they do little to no blocking and are flex/slot alignment guys: Goedert, Gesicki, Thomas, etc.
The in-line guys donít seem to have a lot of receiving threat upside.

I like Goedert a lot, but I think KC needs a more versatile guy who can factor in the run game. If Iím KC, I try to get Marcedes Lewis on a cheap one year deal. They investigated Ben Watson, so maybe that is a sign they are not enamoured with what the draft presents in terms of value/versatility, but they have met with a number of TE draft prospects...

Have any thoughts about the rest of the guys in this list?

I want to know who I should be excited about from this group of guys.

Chief Roundup 04-05-2018 10:10 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Add former Mizzou RB Ish Witter and WR Dominic Collins to the list of players for the Chiefsí Local Pro Day tomorrow, per source. Now up to six former Tigers participating.</p>&mdash; Alex Schiffer (@TheSchiffMan) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheSchiffMan/status/982105439759314951?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cwhocares 04-06-2018 06:43 AM

Here's a kid from Franklin College (DIV III). Deontez Alexander WR.
Seems to have good speed and is open to playing DB.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7987796...51bd1774f2ce90

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...inline-related


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.