ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Under the Dome" coming to CBS summer '13 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267201)

keg in kc 11-29-2012 08:03 PM

'Under the Dome" coming to CBS summer '13

Hopefully the series won't fizzle out toward the end the way that the novel did...

Quote:

Stephen King is coming back to broadcast TV. CBS is giving the author’s Under the Dome a 13-episode series order.

Based on King’s bestselling novel, Under the Dome is the story of a small New England town that’s suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s residents need to survive the deteriorating post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from, and how to make it go away.

The series version was originally developed at Showtime. But in an unusual move, the ambitious project jumped from a cable network’s slate to the major broadcaster (more on that below). It’s also a rather unique title for CBS, since the network has been traditionally more wary about betting on serialized dramas than its rivals. But with AMC’s The Walking Dead and NBC’s Revolution, apocalyptic serialized dramas have been delivering large numbers lately.

Fans of the novel shouldn’t expect an exact retelling of the same story. Last we heard, writer Brian K. Vaughan’s (Lost) script for Dome was wisely using the novel’s setup as a launch pad for its own TV-format-friendly version of the story and might even lay the groundwork for a different outcome than the novel’s ending. Also, the CBS version is definitely a series, not a mini-series, with a finale episode that will leave the story open for more seasons.
Bit more info at the link.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-29-2012 08:07 PM

I'd have preferred a 1 off series, but willing to see how they spin it.

Gonzo 11-29-2012 10:53 PM

Great book, decent ending but it seemed a little abrupt. You know? It just wasn't wrapped up like it should've been.

KcMizzou 11-29-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9163437)
Great book, decent ending but it seemed a little abrupt. You know? It just wasn't wrapped up like it should've been.

King's always been like that. Huge imagination, creates a hell of a story, and draws you in... but he's always had trouble with the endings.

I think it'd be hard to wrap something up with a bow, nice and neat... after you created this whole other world in your own mind. I mean, you'd kinda want it to continue.

Hell of a writer though. There's a reason he's so well known. I've been reading his stuff since I was a kid.

Frazod 11-29-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9163576)
King's always been like that. Huge imagination, creates a hell of a story, and draws you in... but he's always had trouble with the endings.

I think it'd be hard to wrap something up with a bow, nice and neat... after you created this whole other world in your own mind. I mean, you'd kinda want it to continue.

Hell of a writer though. There's a reason he's so well known. I've been reading his stuff since I was a kid.

Much like me playing chess, his endgame sucks.

Crush 11-30-2012 01:47 PM

Under the Dome's ending was okay. IT still has the worst Stephen King ending of all time.

Gonzo 11-30-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9164817)
Under the Dome's ending was okay. IT still has the worst Stephen King ending of all time.

Oh I don't agree with that at all. Are you talking the book or the mini-series?
The book was great, (although a little depressing).
Remember, the turtle couldn't help us...

Gonzo 11-30-2012 02:05 PM

The Dome's ending pissed me off because it worked its way up after a thousand pages to the absolute apex then it just ****ing ended. It was building forever then...blammo! Shot to shit.

Frosty 11-30-2012 02:15 PM

Under The Dome was the only King book that I couldn't finish. If the series is going to deviate from the book like mentioned, I may go ahead and watch this.

As for It, I caught the mini-series the other day and decided to reread the book for the first time since the early '90's. I'm about 100 pages from the end. It's insane how good this book is though I remember the ending being a let down.

The best ending of a King novel since the early days was in 11/22/63, which is funny because King says in the end notes that his son Joe Hill suggested the ending and he changed it to Hill's recommendation. Maybe Hill should do that for every King novel from here on out.

raybec 4 11-30-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9164863)
Oh I don't agree with that at all. Are you talking the book or the mini-series?
The book was great, (although a little depressing).
Remember, the turtle couldn't help us...

He's not to be blamed, he had a stomach ache when he made the universe

Gonzo 11-30-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9165009)
He's not to be blamed, he had a stomach ache when he made the universe

LMAO Rep

I've had the user title about the turtle for like, 3 months now. No ones ever noticed.

keg in kc 02-03-2013 09:24 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yJPDwIvR004?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lex Luthor 02-03-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9164817)

It had the worst ending of any book, ever.

ChiliConCarnage 02-03-2013 10:07 PM

Under was extremely long and so-so. Like every King work it had amazingly memorable characters like Baawwwbbiee and Big Jim Rennie.

I liked it and it's ending was ok compared to a lot of his works. I'm sure you could take that incredible set of characters and create something amazing. We'll see, he's definitely sold a lot of his properties away to be crapped on.

Oddly, I felt like Cell was one of Kings more marketable movies in recent years. Really good and fits into a popular demographic.

Bowser 02-03-2013 10:45 PM

This is going to be awful. They should have done 11-22-63 as a miniseries instead.

keg in kc 02-04-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9376752)
This is going to be awful. They should have done 11-22-63 as a miniseries instead.

I'll be watching it for the trainwreck appeal. The book is actually pretty good until the last 100 pages or so, with just an amazingly bad ending, but they've already started CBS-ing it up. It's reminiscent of what ABC was doing to King's stuff a few years back. I don't know why networks think they can keep doing PG versions of his stuff. It always ends up being soap opera quality horror hilarity.

Nzoner 02-04-2013 11:49 AM

My favorite King read is still Salem's Lot but damn they did a horrible job on the mini-series and not once but twice.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2013 09:36 PM

CBS promos are out

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61948

ChiefsFanatic 04-13-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9164909)
The best ending of a King novel since the early days was in 11/22/63

This book would make a great 4 or 5 season series. Or the premise could be used for so many possibilities.

DJ's left nut 04-13-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9163437)

I gave up on reading Steven King epic novels after The Stand because abrupt, mediocre endings kindof appear to be his thing.

I just got tired of dedicating hours to a book and then he'd spent 20 pages wrapping it up when earlier in the book he'd spend 30 pages sending a character to get a glass of milk. Maybe that's why I wasn't as annoyed the the Dark Tower series; he never really bothered trying to end them.

The only times I've ever felt like he did a decent job ending stories is in his short story compilations. Otherwise I feel like he just gets tired of writing, kills some folks and calls it a day.

Bowser 04-13-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9583194)
I gave up on reading Steven King epic novels after The Stand because abrupt, mediocre endings kindof appear to be his thing.

I just got tired of dedicating hours to a book and then he'd spent 20 pages wrapping it up when earlier in the book he'd spend 30 pages sending a character to get a glass of milk. Maybe that's why I wasn't as annoyed the the Dark Tower series; he never really bothered trying to end them.

The only times I've ever felt like he did a decent job ending stories is in his short story compilations. Otherwise I feel like he just gets tired of writing, kills some folks and calls it a day.

You should give his book 11-22-63 a try. Clearly one of his best efforts in some time.

keg in kc 06-23-2013 02:27 AM

Just a friendly reminder, the premiere's monday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f_Y5YeYrqUk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 06-24-2013 01:28 AM

Hrm. Maybe it doesn't suck:
Quote:

An (at least) 13-part CBS adaptation of Stephen King’s 2009 novel about a small Maine municipality suddenly and mysteriously enclosed by a transparent but inescapable force field, “Under The Dome” comes to us from director Niels Arden Oplev (who helmed the original “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”) and writer Brian K. Vaughan (“Lost”).

The flashy first episode is better than any of the network pilots intended for the regular 2013-2014 – or at least the ones I’ve seen so far.

It boasts a brisk pace, interesting characters and situations, suspense, visually arresting mayhem and more than a few compelling mysteries.

The summer series also seems much more likely to make me a regular viewer than any scripted CBS show airing in the regular season.

Most who watch the first episode should find a lot of reasons to tune into episode two. I know I did.

Hitfix says:

... quite promising. … the opening episode is creepy, and it explores the premise and the talent on-hand in interesting ways.

The New York Times says:

... gets off to an addictive start on Monday, so much so that it’s hard to imagine any second-episode falloff in viewership. Bite on Part 1 and you’re going to be there for Part 2, or at least the start of it. …

The Los Angeles Times says:

... it's the next Big Summer Event, so you don't want to miss it. …

The Chicago Sun-Times says:

... the most promising show launching on broadcast television this summer. …

The San Francisco Chronicle says:

... There is promise in the one episode of Dome sent to critics and the series could work well …

The Washington Post says:

... silly but somewhat intriguing … does have an air of King’s more sinister tendencies, but not enough of them in the first hour to suggest the sort of horror that’s worth sticking around for. …

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says:

... offers an effective set-up … It remains to be seen whether either will merit watching for a full season but the pilot does exactly what it should: It intrigues and makes the case for viewers to come back next week for more.

The Boston Globe says:

... While the initial arrival of the dome is intriguing, the characters are not. …

USA Today says:

... gets off to a roaring good start … Bad ending and all, I'd watch It again tomorrow. And Dome again next week.

Entertainment Weekly says:

... worth lifting the lid. The premise captures the imagination, and the characters are well cast …

The Hollywood Reporter says:

It’s only one episode out of 13 and a whole lot of things can go sideways, but CBS’s summer series from Stephen King, Under the Dome, set the hook pretty deep. Count me in. … And it sure helps that the first hour is intriguing as hell and filled with a lot of storytelling promise. If viewers catch the pilot, they’ll be back for the next episode. …

Variety says:

... King’s latest “Twilight Zone”-like premise clearly has the potential to get under one’s skin. …
link

blaise 06-24-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9583194)

That's how I feel. After The Talisman, It and The Stand I said never again. Get drawn in, reads hundreds of pages for some lame ending.

A friend of mine tells me to read Under the Dome but I just can't.

keg in kc 06-24-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9772001)
That's how I feel. After The Talisman, It and The Stand I said never again. Get drawn in, reads hundreds of pages for some lame ending.

A friend of mine tells me to read Under the Dome but I just can't.

Under the Dome may have the worst ending of all of them.

Fortunately that's one of the things the TV series is changing.

frankotank 06-24-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9772076)
Under the Dome may have the worst ending of all of them.

Fortunately that's one of the things the TV series is changing.

I have been an SK fan my entire life. matter of fact, just ran out of bathroom reading material so I grabbed skeleton crew and started reading the mist again for probably the 15th time. (what they did to the movie ending of the mist was nothing short of horrific - book ending was better) anyways, I've suffered through some not so good SK books, but none have made me as angry, none have bored the shit out of me like this steamy turd. the ONLY reason I finished it is because it's SK.
PISSED...ME...OFF! crappy, stupid, far fetched, unrealistic reeruned story.

I know I know....it's SK....it's supernatural....so how could you expect realism? I say no way in hell people behave and do the things they did in the book. it was just simply DUMB. and the ending.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME! so thank GOD they are supposed to change it for the TV version.

but....even if they improve the ending....if they follow the book very closely, and often times the book gets the shaft like with the Jack Nicholson version of the shining, but if they follow the book closely, this is gonna suck imo.

but it's SK....so my stupid ass is gonna sit there and watch it.

PS - coolest SK quote I've ever come across. in his book 11/22/63 (a pretty good read) he describes our world as follows...

A universe of horror and loss surrounding a single lighted stage where mortals dance in defiance of the dark.

DaKCMan AP 06-24-2013 08:46 AM

I don't read SK novels - tried but don't like them - at all.

However, I may give this a watch tonight.

blaise 06-24-2013 10:07 AM

My favorite ones of his are Dead Zone, Salem's Lot and Skeleton Crew. Carrie, Misery and the Shining are also good. I also really liked the Running Man story - I wish they'd remake that closer to the story than that goofy movie they made. It could be a really dark cool movie.
It's probably been 18 years since I read anything of his though.

frankotank 06-24-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9772254)
My favorite ones of his are Dead Zone, Salem's Lot and Skeleton Crew. Carrie, Misery and the Shining are also good. I also really liked the Running Man story - I wish they'd remake that closer to the story than that goofy movie they made. It could be a really dark cool movie.
It's probably been 18 years since I read anything of his though.

I really liked the Shining...the BOOK. the Nicholson version of the movie...it's good, don't get me wrong, and I do like it....but they left out the hedge animals and the twins were not a big part of the book and the ending wasn't the same....and we're over to the Steven Weber version of the Shining...the made for TV mini-series and it is OUTSTANDING! great great stuff. they showed that on prime time TV and when the green rotted lady got out of the bathtub I was thinking....holy SHIT! kids could be watching this!
good stuff.

frankotank 06-24-2013 10:15 AM

oh.....Cujo is a great read and a TURD of a movie. they took out almost every supernatural aspect of the story when they made the movie. the book is sooooo much better.

my next bullmastiff is gonna be named Cujo. done deal.

ChiefsFanatic 06-24-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9164909)
The best ending of a King novel since the early days was in 11/22/63, which is funny because King says in the end notes that his son Joe Hill suggested the ending and he changed it to Hill's recommendation. Maybe Hill should do that for every King novel from here on out.

I think that 11/22/63 would make a great television series. Especially if it was on a cable network.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9772452)
I think that 11/22/63 would make a great television series. Especially if it was on a cable network.

agreed. it could be cool. but....
anyone remember the show where the coach from the Friday Night Lights series would get a newspaper every morning that was from the future. every episode he'd try to stop something bad from happening, something that was reported in the newspaper from the future. didn't last long....

EDIT - found it.
Early Edition

His name is Gary Hobson. He gets tomorrow's newspaper today. He doesn't know how. He doesn't know why. All he knows is when the early edition hits his doorstep, he has twenty-four hours to set things right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115163/

ChiliConCarnage 06-24-2013 12:16 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Network TV typically fails on these shows that require a real story or they get cancelled. The reviews seem positive. If it's successful they'll likely try to stretch it into way too many seasons though.

The book is long but I honestly think it could be a 2 season show easily.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:21 PM

anyone think the book was good?
just curious. I've been pretty clear that I thought it was garbage.

Red Brooklyn 06-24-2013 12:26 PM

I liked the book.

mr. tegu 06-24-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9772543)
I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Network TV typically fails on these shows that require a real story or they get cancelled. The reviews seem positive. If it's successful they'll likely try to stretch it into way too many seasons though.
The book is long but I honestly think it could be a 2 season show easily.

That is one reason I am hesitant to start watching it. I am afraid that it will never really have a conclusion, at least not in a timely manner.

I was really excited when Falling Skies first came out but that show just dragged on and on with much of most of the episodes not really having anything happen. I have that fear of this show even though when I first saw previews in the theaters I was pretty excited for it.

Frosty 06-24-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9772553)
anyone think the book was good?
just curious. I've been pretty clear that I thought it was garbage.

Probably mentioned it earlier but I'm with you on the book. It sucked and is the only SK book I haven't been able to finish (though Wizard and Glass may be the second).

Agree with you on the ending of The Mist, too.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9772560)
I liked the book.

you read it wrong.... :D

Red Brooklyn 06-24-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9772636)
you read it wrong.... :D

LMAO

Could be. It's a long-ass book.

It wasn't my favorite King novel by any stretch. But I was really drawn into the world. And I loved the characters (even the ones I hated). But King's always been good at that stuff.

keg in kc 06-24-2013 04:10 PM

I've said a number of times (in other threads) that I really like the book until the last 100 pages. Then it's just a disaster.

KcMizzou 06-24-2013 09:05 PM

I liked episode one a lot. So far so good.

chiefs1111 06-24-2013 09:13 PM

Haven't gotten around to reading the book yet. Liked the first episode tonight though.

Buck 06-24-2013 09:30 PM

Is the production value better than Jericho?

KC-TBB 06-25-2013 05:05 AM

King books always better than movie/miniseries...still nice to see something other than reruns...

Frazod 06-25-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9773050)
I've said a number of times (in other threads) that I really like the book until the last 100 pages. Then it's just a disaster.

Isn't that most of his books? Granted I quit reading his stuff years ago, but it seems like he creates these intricate, all-powerful villains and then at some point realizes he needs an ending and there is no logical way his hero can win. So he just slaps some stupid shit together and calls it a day.

Much like me playing chess, his endgame sucks.

Frazod 06-25-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC-TBB (Post 9773912)
King books always better than movie/miniseries...still nice to see something other than reruns...

Shawshank Redemption, the Shining and Stand By Me say hello.

frankotank 06-25-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC-TBB (Post 9773912)

I think that's just the way it is with every book vs movie....but usually even more so with SK.
however....if you've never seen The Shining mini series with Steve Weber playing the father.....it's really really good and follows the book to a T.

I liked the first Dome episode. still hate the book though.

keg in kc 06-25-2013 01:15 PM

That was okay, but the damn crazy teen angst shit almost killed the whole hour for me. I can't handle 13 weeks of that.

frankotank 06-25-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9774617)
That was okay, but the damn crazy teen angst shit almost killed the whole hour for me. I can't handle 13 weeks of that.

ANGST!? hell that one kid is straight up NUTS. I forgot about him. been a while since I read the book.

speaking of which....any a you's that read the book....
I can't remember....

Spoiler!

keg in kc 06-25-2013 01:28 PM

That's why I said "crazy teen angst".

I haven't given the book a second look, so I'm not sure I remember everything, but I don't think Shumway was married, and Dale Barbara definitely didn't kill anyone as I recall. (None of that bothers me...)

I think the main thing is that the actors portraying Junior and Angie just sucked.
Spoiler!

frankotank 06-25-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9774635)
That's why I said "crazy teen angst".

I haven't given the book a second look, so I'm not sure I remember everything, but I don't think Shumway was married, and Dale Barbara definitely didn't kill anyone as I recall. (None of that bothers me...)

I think the main thing is that the actors portraying Junior and Angie just sucked.
Spoiler!

ROFL @ your spoiler comment. I did indeed realize that she shouldn't be where she is...she should be gone....and I thought the same thing.....oh NO!

mr. tegu 06-25-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9774263)
Shawshank Redemption, the Shining and Stand By Me say hello.

I had no idea Shawshank was based on a Stephen King book! :eek:

keg in kc 06-25-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9774719)

Novella, but yep. Apt Pupil and Stand By Me came from the same collection of short fiction.

Frazod 06-25-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9774719)

Green Mile, too. Although that one's a bit more obvious with the supernatural angle.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-25-2013 02:55 PM

This was bad.

KS Smitty 06-25-2013 09:55 PM

I'm a huge SK fan. I have all of his books and have read many of them more than once. Yeah most of his endings leave a lot to be desired but I think he writes like the Brothers Grimm, it's the story itself that's important not the happily ever after part. That being said the book ending to Under the Dome was quite stupid. I think where he gets in trouble is that he's writing away and suddenly realizes that he has a page limit on his stories so he has to hurriedly wrap them up.

The first episode of Under the Dome will have me watching the next. I knew that CBS wouldn't want necrophilia in this episode and am not surprised with the direction that was taken.

Will probably watch the entire miniseries or as long as it airs.

Buck 06-25-2013 10:47 PM

Wait, at the end was Lapidus shot or did his pacemaker explode out of his chest?

keg in kc 06-26-2013 05:10 AM

Pacemaker exploded. At least that's what happened in the book.

Frosty 06-26-2013 07:26 AM

It was okay and I'll keep watching but it suffered from some of the same things the book did, like how some people became insanely evil the instant the dome came up. I'm not a fan of how they've changed Barbie, either. He was the only decent character in the book, imo.

frankotank 06-26-2013 08:03 AM

when I saw that Fahey was the sheriff I was like......ahh man! they really gonna waste him on one episode?? so when he was initially in close proximity to the dome and didn't touch it I thought, hey, maybe they will let him live! because they GOTTA tweak this story somehow or it's gonna be a turd like the book.

nope.
he touched it.
I was like....

<object width="16" height="16" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=ltvxqhshtv"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=ltvxqhshtv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="16" height="16" wmode="transparent"></embed>

frankotank 06-26-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9776250)
It was okay and I'll keep watching but it suffered from some of the same things the book did, like how some people became insanely evil the instant the dome came up. I'm not a fan of how they've changed Barbie, either. He was the only decent character in the book, imo.

my biggest problem with the book. just plain STUPID.
it'll be interesting to watch Hank from breaking bad and see how he behaves.

frankotank 06-26-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9774622)
Spoiler!

did anyone answer this?
I'm fairly certain he did not do this in the book.....right?

Frosty 06-26-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9776330)
did anyone answer this?
I'm fairly certain he did not do this in the book.....right?

keg did

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9774635)
Dale Barbara definitely didn't kill anyone as I recall

frankotank 06-26-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9776360)
keg did

right!
hahahaha
I looked in the spoiler rather than the body of the post. oops.

kcxiv 06-26-2013 11:33 AM

I watched it lastnight, not bad. Loved the cow getting split in half lol

chiefs1111 06-30-2013 06:37 PM

Here is a letter from Stephen King on the T.V Series

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/utd_on_tv/letter.html

frankotank 07-01-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9785444)
Here is a letter from Stephen King on the T.V Series

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/utd_on_tv/letter.html

cool! thanks for sharing!

I loved this

"(besides, plenty of readers didn’t like my solution, anyway)"

amen brother....amen! LMAO

frankotank 07-02-2013 09:01 AM

that redhead is so damn hot.
those soldiers are apparently so damn GAY! (you guys see last night - you know what I'm talking about? I'da probably saved the day cause I'da put a frankotank shaped hole in the dome getting to her nekked ass!!! :hump: )
that preacher is so damn dumb.

I keep wondering if necrophilia is gonna show up......

Zebedee DuBois 07-02-2013 07:01 PM

The writing is pretty poor. I feel sorry for Hank, coming from Breaking Bad to this.
Most of the characters are just cardboard caricatures at this point.

stonedstooge 07-02-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 9789252)
The writing is pretty poor. I feel sorry for Hank, coming from Breaking Bad to this.
Most of the characters are just cardboard caricatures at this point.

I'll give them a break on the first show. It takes a few shows for the actors to get into their roles, I hope.

KcMizzou 07-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9789280)
I'll give them a break on the first show. It takes a few shows for the actors to get into their roles, I hope.

Yeah. We'll see how it goes. I'm still interested enough to keep watching (not much else on right now anyway)

But man, "Junior" is awful.

Red Brooklyn 07-04-2013 11:32 AM

This... show... is... awful. Just awful.

BlackHelicopters 07-04-2013 05:48 PM

Hot redhead. Otherwise, horrid.

Baby Lee 07-07-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9793081)
Hot redhead. Otherwise, horrid.

Did no one catch her in What About Brian or Off the Map [OK, no one watched off the map].

mikeyis4dcats. 07-07-2013 02:02 PM

lady cop, to the crazy cop holding a pump shotgun - "Put down thay rifle!"

:spock:

Deberg_1990 07-07-2013 05:04 PM

It's on CBS...of course it's safe and boring.

frankotank 07-10-2013 12:13 PM

ahh....there it is....the turdfest that was the book is truly rearing it's ugly head in this most recent crapisode.

cause hey......yeah we are gonna die down here if we don't find a way out...but let's shoot the shit while my last match burns out. oh...by the way....how much stuff you think there is around us, including clothing we are wearing, that is readily available for burning? ah the hell with it...let's talk!

Nzoner 07-11-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9772270)
I really liked the Shining...the BOOK. the Nicholson version of the movie...it's good, don't get me wrong, and I do like it....but they left out the hedge animals and the twins were not a big part of the book and the ending wasn't the same....and we're over to the Steven Weber version of the Shining...the made for TV mini-series and it is OUTSTANDING! great great stuff. they showed that on prime time TV and when the green rotted lady got out of the bathtub I was thinking....holy SHIT! kids could be watching this!
good stuff.

King was actually the executive producer of the tv mini-series and I absolutely agree it was OUTSTANDING,finally told the way the author wrote it.

frankotank 07-11-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9804867)
King was actually the executive producer of the tv mini-series and I absolutely agree it was OUTSTANDING,finally told the way the author wrote it.

I've never taken the time to research....but I heard a long time ago the King supposedly started a law suit against.....whoever....about the Nicholson version of the movie.

I was very disappointed in many things about it...the hedge animals are just badass, yet left out in place of a stupid hedge maze.....but the ENDING was just so ****ed up in the movie I about blew a gasket. they simply took a ton of incredibly heart felt emotion...and threw it in the trash.

the book & Steven Weber ending just makes you want to cry man! it's so ****ing AWESOME.

Spoiler!

Nzoner 07-11-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9804888)
I've never taken the time to research....but I heard a long time ago the King supposedly started a law suit against.....whoever....about the Nicholson version of the movie.

I was very disappointed in many things about it...the hedge animals are just badass, yet left out in place of a stupid hedge maze.....but the ENDING was just so ****ed up in the movie I about blew a gasket. they simply took a ton of incredibly heart felt emotion...and threw it in the trash.

the book & Steven Weber ending just makes you want to cry man! it's so ****ing AWESOME.

Spoiler!

Don't know about a lawsuit but I have heard him say he was very disappointed in Stanley Kubrick's vision of his book.