ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about "true fans" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272743)

Setsuna 05-03-2013 11:35 AM

I'm a naysayer and I just became a Chiefs fan.

gblowfish 05-03-2013 11:36 AM

I tried to join the Optimist Club, but every time I went to a planning meeting, I'd find myself blurting out "THIS WILL NEVER WORK!!!"

Carlota69 05-03-2013 11:41 AM

Im a 2.5 as well.
Im neither stoked or disgusted with the Smith trade. Im hoping he does well and that coaching brings out the best in him.
Im also OK with Eric Fisher. Happy that it wasnt Joker and waiting to see if it works out. Im hoping that our Oline is dominant and we win alot of games.
Im also chill when it comes to the draft and who we drafted. I have no true idea if these guys are going to work out, but I really hope they do. Time will tell.
Im willing to truly look at this team as coming from the absolute bottom and look at positives, even win we lose.
However, if they choke their ass off by the 2nd yer of this regime, Ill be pissed again. Then if shit continues to roll down hill in the 3rd year, Ill be apathetic again (2012) and lose my passion for football. Which for me is the saddest part.
This past season was the worst, so Im going to try have a fresh attitude about whats to come and hope what the new regime is doing, works.
I also agree that certain people try to put you into homer category if you are just trying to have better outlook and willing to give new FO and clean slate.

siberian khatru 05-03-2013 11:55 AM

I reluctantly voted 3, even though I'm wary of the term "balanced." It sounds like one of those labels, like "independent voter" or "political moderate," that a lot of people use in a self-congratulatory manner to show how "open-minded" they are. But if you quiz them on their beliefs or voting habits, you often find they routinely support one political party or ideology over the other.

But based on how DaFace described it, that's pretty much where I'm at -- " Their approach is a 'wait and see' reaction, though they'll be quick to criticize if things don't work out." Although there are many times I swing to No. 4 ("They're probably not happy about Alex Smith being our QB, but are grudgingly willing to see what he can do").

alpha_omega 05-03-2013 12:01 PM

Bowser 05-03-2013 12:04 PM

I WANT to be an optimist. Hell, I'd like to be a full blown homer ala Patriot or Steeler fan, but I'm a pessimist. I've seen this dog and pony show before. They're going to have to earn my optimism or homerism.

"If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line. But it better work this time." Ah, Megadeth. Political and football savants.

patteeu 05-03-2013 12:20 PM

I'm an optimistic realist. Part of what helps me remain optimistic is the fact that I have what I think are realistic expectations.

I hope for the best and understand that plans don't always work out. I'm skeptical of some moves like trading for Cassel and drafting Poe on potential, but even in those cases I'm willing to wait and see how it turns out.

I wouldn't have included a "balanced" option in this poll.

suzzer99 05-03-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9654795)
This thread exhibits all kinds of True Fan behavior.

Go drink your own anal leakage :)

You have serious issues :shake:

Rain Man 05-03-2013 12:23 PM

In general, I'm a 2. I figure that if I can't start a season hoping for the Super Bowl, why be a fan? Ever since the 1999 Rams, I refuse to believe that there's no chance.

However, that doesn't mean that I approve every move or believe every move will work. I hated the Jared Allen trade, for example, and the Tony Gonzalez trade, though I knew that one was necessary. And I tirelessly voiced my opposition to Herm after that disastrous Colts game where it became obvious that he was not ... playing ... to win ... the game.

But when Ryan Succop is approaching the ball on the opening kickoff of Week 1, I believe that we will win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, the whole thing is a waste of time.

Buehler445 05-03-2013 12:26 PM

I'm probably balanced, but voted pessimistic. I did after all have a fairly significant meltdown with the whole albert fisher thing.

suzzer99 05-03-2013 12:27 PM

The thing about the NFL is you never know. The Chiefs were hoping for playoffs, but no one expected 13-3 in 2003. Alex Smith could flourish under a dominant o-line, plenty of experience under his belt and free from the pressure of 1.1 at SF.

/optimist

Ming the Merciless 05-03-2013 12:28 PM

Overall I am fairly realistic....

I allowed myself to have hope during the Pioli regime

I really liked what haley did with Az., and homerishly thought it would translate

I trusted the 'executive of the decade' to know wtf he was doing with Cassel

Now Im pessimistic about the current regime

I dont have faith in Alex

I Dont llove what we did in the draft

So I guess it all balances out....in general I just ride with it , and try not to go too far in either extreme...

I got labeled a ball washer during the early cassel years, simply because I wanted to give him a chance...now I see the same thing happening all over again. Lines are drawn and if alex smith turns out sucking & not winning a playoff game, there will be people labeled as ball washers etc...

CP 3:14
Let he who wants to accuseth his brother of ballwashery, wash his own balls first.

PunkinDrublic 05-03-2013 12:39 PM

Optimist. I don't buy into the bullshit of Clark being cheap. I honestly believe he's trying to do what's best for the Chiefs. The Jury is still out on Dorsey as a GM. I'm certainly not going to pin all the years of ineptitude on Dorsey like some of the morons on here are fond of doing. As I've gotten older, I've kind of learned to root like hell for the team for 3 hours and then try and let it go when it's over.

WV 05-03-2013 12:42 PM

I was all set to join the Balanced or Optimists club, but I was waiting until after the draft to see how the QB situation was handled.

After how it was addressed, I'm back to pessimist. Along with the apparent trade valuation of this FO.

RealSNR 05-03-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9655110)
You have serious issues :shake:

You have butt polyps.