ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football No Alex or Charles in the final preseason game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285962)

Chief Roundup 08-26-2014 06:01 PM

No Alex or Charles in the final preseason game

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...le1302653.html

Quote:

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he’ll rest most of his starters, including quarterback Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles, in Thursday night’s preseason finale at Green Bay.

Backup quarterback Chase Daniel will start and play the first quarter, and Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray will split the last three quarters.

“It's good,” Daniel said of starting the preseason finale. “It's what you want as a guy, and they're going to be resting the starters, obviously. So you want to go out there and put some good drives together.

“We need to score. We need to get in the red zone and we need to score and feel good about ourselves Tennessee week.”
Charles, who has missed the last two preseason games because of a bruised foot, has practiced this week and said he “feels good.”

The Chiefs said Charles bruised his foot a few weeks ago while carrying a box out of a dorm at Missouri Western, where the Chiefs held training camp.

“Yeah, it was a freak accident and I’m just happy to be healthy again,” Charles said.

Charles said his three carries in the preseason opener against Cincinnati was enough work, and he’s ready for the regular season.

“I’ve been in the league for a long time,” Charles said. “I’ve had plenty of carries before, so having three carries in the preseason doesn’t make me … those stats don’t even count. The real game counts week one against Tennessee, and that’s all I’m worried about.”
Injury report

Outside linebacker Tamba Hali missed practice because of a swollen knee and he likely won’t make the trip to Green Bay. Offensive tackle Eric Fisher (illness), wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (quadriceps) and Junior Hemingway (hip) did not practice and are not expected to play on Thursday.

The Star’s Terez A. Paylor contributed to this report.

007 08-26-2014 06:02 PM

heh. spoke before reading the whole article. 1 full quarter of Daniel now. still too many

Halfcan 08-26-2014 06:06 PM

Fisher with an illness-must have watched his own highlights from preseason.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2014 06:07 PM

im shocked! outraged!!!

Mr. Laz 08-26-2014 06:10 PM

We've looked like total shit, who needs more time.

ThaVirus 08-26-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10851578)
We've looked like total shit, who needs more time.

Very true, but it's the final preseason game. Probably best not to risk it.

We looked like shit in week 16 last year. Rested the starters week 17 and came out firing on all cylinders (well.. you know) on Wild Card weekend.

Hammock Parties 08-26-2014 06:17 PM

Interesting that they don't even want them to play one drive to get a little confidence boost.

An entire MONTH of football without a touchdown from the first-team offense. Wonderful.

007 08-26-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10851617)
Interesting that they don't even want them to play one drive to get a little confidence boost.

An entire MONTH of football without a touchdown from the first-team offense. Wonderful.

Its ****ing awesome!!!! I love not seeing touchdowns by my favorite team.:doh!:

srvy 08-26-2014 06:21 PM

Has Hemingway played any downs in preseason?

ModSocks 08-26-2014 06:26 PM

Hemingway has always been injury prone since he entered the league. The guy can't stay healthy.

Chief Roundup 08-26-2014 06:30 PM

The Packers could possibly set a single game scoring record on us this week.

Rausch 08-26-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10851617)

Why is this a shock?...

007 08-26-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10851654)
The Packers could possibly set a single game scoring record on us this week.

At this point I might consider that a good thing.

Rasputin 08-26-2014 06:40 PM

Eric Fisher not expected to play? Holy shit balls if anyone needs to play it's him. He is sick? What a wuss.

What a ****ing joke.

Mr. Laz 08-26-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10851582)
Very true, but it's the final preseason game. Probably best not to risk it.

We looked like shit in week 16 last year. Rested the starters week 17 and came out firing on all cylinders (well.. you know) on Wild Card weekend.

Risk what?

Risk losing due to injury instead of losing due to shitty play?