ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Rank alcohols for me. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318584)

Rain Man 11-01-2018 10:48 AM

Rank alcohols for me.

Okay, I'm not a drinker so maybe this is obvious, but it's not obvious to me.

There are all sorts of alcohol - beer, wine, whiskey, bourbon, rum, scotch, gin, vodka, tequila, port wines, and so on.

I recognize that there are probably big differences in brand quality within those major categories. Bud Light is different than some German monk artisanal brand. But put that aside. Let's just think about categories ACROSS types of alcohol.

What's the hierarchy of quality or prestige or whatever? Is gin generally "better" than rum? Is scotch "better" than bourbon? Is wine "better" than tequila?

Can someone give me a top to bottom rank of the "best" alcohol down to the "worst" alcohol?

Bewbies 11-01-2018 10:49 AM

THC > all alcohol

Easy enough.

TambaBerry 11-01-2018 10:52 AM

whiskey and bourbon > all

In58men 11-01-2018 10:54 AM

Give me some Makers Mark and we cool.

jjchieffan 11-01-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13861223)
Okay, I'm not a drinker so maybe this is obvious, but it's not obvious to me.

There are all sorts of alcohol - beer, wine, whiskey, bourbon, rum, scotch, gin, vodka, tequila, port wines, and so on.

I recognize that there are probably big differences in brand quality within those major categories. Bud Light is different than some German monk artisanal brand. But put that aside. Let's just think about categories ACROSS types of alcohol.

What's the hierarchy of quality or prestige or whatever? Is gin generally "better" than rum? Is scotch "better" than bourbon? Is wine "better" than tequila?

Can someone give me a top to bottom rank of the "best" alcohol down to the "worst" alcohol?

Well, for starters, scotch and bourbon are both types of whiskey. So your lack of alcohol knowledge is obvious. So, since you're not a drinker, why the curiosity? Not trying to make fun of you. I'm just wondering where you're going with this!

notorious 11-01-2018 10:57 AM

Yes.

loochy 11-01-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13861223)
Is gin generally "better" than rum? Is scotch "better" than bourbon? Is wine "better" than tequila?

No. It's all a matter of personal taste.

For example, I like vodka the best and I like rum. I HATE HATE HATE whiskey type products...their sweet taste is absolutely disgusting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coochie liquor 11-01-2018 11:00 AM

I never got into Gin until about a year ago. Now I love it. I try to stay with only clear alcohol and don’t like the brown alcohols too much. My list would go Gin, Tequila, Rum, Vodka.

Rasputin 11-01-2018 11:00 AM

I'm a Scothcoholic and my name is KC

TribalElder 11-01-2018 11:00 AM

free booze > non free booze

ptlyon 11-01-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13861244)
I never got into Gin until about a year ago. Now I love it. I try to stay with only clear alcohol and don’t like the brown alcohols too much. My list would go Gin, Tequila, Rum, Vodka.

If you're ever sitting there drinking gin and then it starts to taste like a Xmas tree, don't get up. You'll just fall down anyway.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-01-2018 11:06 AM

Beer
Beer
Beer
Beer
Beer
Beer
Water

TwistedChief 11-01-2018 11:07 AM

There's no right answer and a lot of it depends on an individual's location/situation and personal preference.

Drinking some old Bordeaux wine might be perfectly fine at a gathering in NYC where Bud Light would look ridiculous.

Flip that situation and we're in the parking lot at Arrowhead. If I'm sipping fancy wine, I'm now probably a complete douche and no one gives a second thought to the guy on his 8th Bud Light.

ClevelandBronco 11-01-2018 11:08 AM

It's all pretty subjective and answers can be influenced by the occasion. I'd start with these as the default setting for me back in the day when I imbibed:

Scotch
Tequila
Wine
Bourbon
Beer
Vodka
Rum
Gin

Note that brand quality might heavily influence the order of my answers. And while that's true, I really can't tell much of a difference between good vodka and shit vodka.

Baby Lee 11-01-2018 11:10 AM

I don't think of alcohol in terms of worst to best, but more in terms of matching to environment.

It's kind of like asking to rank vehicles from worst to best. Is a truck 'better' than a sports car? Is a commuter jet 'better' than a mini-van?

Maybe if you could formulate more focused questions, like 'is beer or whiskey better at a picnic?'

In the mean time, here's a breakdown of the general origins of most spirits.

www.alexreisner.com/misc/distilled-spirits