ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Had anyone tried Pack Up & Go trips? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315042)

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 11:53 AM

Had anyone tried Pack Up & Go trips?

https://www.packupgo.com/
I'm not a very spontaneous guy. I like to plan everything out. However, for our 22nd anniversary I booked us a three day trip in June with a total budget of 4k.
Just wondering if anyone has been on one of these or knows someone who has.

Coochie liquor 04-22-2018 12:24 PM

Seems risky as what if you don’t wanna go where you get sent? I see someone holding a Milwaukee sign. I’d be pissed if I ended up in Milwaukee.

dlphg9 04-22-2018 12:26 PM

Never heard of that but that's a really cool company. Hopefully they don't send you to Cleveland lol

dlphg9 04-22-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13526967)
Seems risky as what if you don’t wanna go where you get sent? I see someone holding a Milwaukee sign. I’d be pissed if I ended up in Milwaukee.

I saw that too. Milwaukee would really suck. Wtf is there to do in Milwaukee?

loochy 04-22-2018 12:27 PM

My wife just did one last weekend. She loved it. What do you want to know?

Chief Roundup 04-22-2018 12:28 PM

4k for a 3 day trip inside the continental US seems very very pricey.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

I agree that it's totally risky. I'm not great at planning trips. My wife is but I wanted to make it easy on her this time. We did fill out a survey with our interests & hobbies so hopefully they apply that info.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13526973)
4k for a 3 day trip inside the continental US seems very very pricey.

They have all different budgets. I said F it and went on the high side. I'll just work more hours.

Bearcat 04-22-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

There's a survey to find out your interests, where you've been recently, etc... and there's a "anything else we need to know" field, too, so you could tell them "don't send me to Cleveland" or whatever.

I enjoy planning where to go and what to do, but could do something like that for a fairly inexpensive trip. With an open mind, an initial "uh, really?" could end up being a pleasant surprise. If I was dropping $4k on a 3 day weekend though, I'd hate to put that in the hands of someone I've never met via a survey.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13526972)
My wife just did one last weekend. She loved it. What do you want to know?

"She loved it." is really all I was curious about. I'm just nervous. This sort of trip isn't something I'd normally do. I like to be in control and know what's going to happen. My wife loves to just go with the flow though.

Chief Roundup 04-22-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13526977)
They have all different budgets. I said F it and went on the high side. I'll just work more hours.

That is cool. When do you find out your destination?

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13526980)
That is cool. When do you find out your destination?

IIRC the week before we'll receive a forecast for the destination so we'll know how to pack. We won't know our destination until we get to whatever airport or train station we depart from.

loochy 04-22-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13526979)
"She loved it." is really all I was curious about. I'm just nervous. This sort of trip isn't something I'd normally do. I like to be in control and know what's going to happen. My wife loves to just go with the flow though.

They sent her to DC. Everything went smoothly. They set her up with a $100 Uber gift card, a large gift card to a fancy restaurant, and a 4 star hotel stay. I think the budget set dor her and 2 friends was $5k.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13526992)
They sent her to DC. Everything went smoothly. They set her up with a $100 Uber gift card, a large gift card to a fancy restaurant, and a 4 star hotel stay. I think the budget set dor her and 2 friends was $5k.

Sweet, thanks for the info!

Sorce 04-22-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13526971)
I saw that too. Milwaukee would really suck. Wtf is there to do in Milwaukee?

I hear their beer is the best, it says so right on the can.
http://tcbeer.com/Images/Suppliers/B...aukeesBest.png