ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are you happy with the Andy Reid hire? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268484)

pr_capone 01-04-2013 02:11 PM

Very happy and excited about our new HC. 2 clowns down... 1 left to go.

B_Ambuehl 01-04-2013 02:11 PM

I like Andy Reid as a person so I'm happy either way. This board is a lot more entertaining when the team is losing though and I recognize the reality that Andy gradually had his power taken away in Philly and was eventually ran out of town. His personnel decisions were extremely questionable and he has very weak areas as a coach. I'll be happy for him if he does well but it'll also be funny watching this board get riled up the way they did over Pioli if he starts to do what Philly fans think he will.

The combination of Reid and Chilly could create a level of entertainment never before seen on CP.

KCUnited 01-04-2013 02:12 PM

I'm happy with the hire, but I give it 1.5 games before he is getting crushed on here for clock mgmt/play selection. It's just the way fans are.

Old Dog 01-04-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9281001)
If the Chiefs can secure John Dorsey this goes from a very good to a home run hire.

Was going to say +1, but since siberian did that:

+2

Rasputin 01-04-2013 02:13 PM

Clark Hunt new what he wanted in a HC and got the coach that most qualified for the job from what he was looking for. I'm happy with the hire today. Good job Mr. Clark Hunt.

Get us a QB that can put us on top of the mountain.

DJ's left nut 01-04-2013 02:13 PM

Holy shit. I've never seen 53 consecutive 'yes' votes on anything here.

If you start a poll that says "Are blowjobs good", some dickhead will say "Nah, never been able to get off on one" and vote no before it gets to 53 consecutive yes votes.

So the takeaway?

Andy Reid: More popular than blowjobs.

TribalElder 01-04-2013 02:13 PM

i was skeptical at first but its growing on me. walrus bring us the lombardi trophy please.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-04-2013 02:14 PM

I've had an erection for more than 4 hours. :(

J Diddy 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9281040)
I've had an erection for more than 4 hours. :(

Call 911 and make sure you don't run in the house. That shit hurts.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9281037)
Holy shit. I've never seen 53 consecutive 'yes' votes on anything here.

If you start a poll that says "Are blowjobs good", some dickhead will say "Nah, never been able to get off on one" and vote no before it gets to 53 consecutive yes votes.

So the takeaway?

Andy Reid: More popular than blowjobs.

ROFL

Pin Head 01-04-2013 02:17 PM

Yes. This is a good hire. It makes a lot of sense and should make us a stronger team.

Molitoth 01-04-2013 02:17 PM

My first choice was pairing Chip Kelly with Geno Smith, but I knew Clark wouldn't go with that. Considering, I'm extremely happy with the Reid hire.... now I'm concerned with what QB he is going to go with.

There are NO QB's worth getting from other teams, ie: (Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Mike Vick)

He better draft a QB.

J Diddy 01-04-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9281001)
If the Chiefs can secure John Dorsey this goes from a very good to a home run hire.

The question is why do we need a big bad ass GM if all that he's doing is sign contracts for the players Reid wants.

Mr. Laz 01-04-2013 02:17 PM

Yes, It's the right type of hire for now.

We are in shambles and need to start to walk again before we begin to run. We need Reid to stop the bleeding and get us back to being a playoff level team.

Then if we don't think Reid can take the next step we take a shot at a guy like Chip Kelly.

BossChief 01-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9280989)
Hey, Boss, given your avatar....and the fact that Philly supposedly wanted to draft McCluster, but we beat them to it....ya think Andy might be willing to give him a new shot? Heh. Your thoughts?

:hmmm:

I lost a bet to clay and these are the sig and avatar he gave me.

I don't want to have this thread derailed by Dexter talk...if you want to bump a Dexter thread, I'd be glad to discuss him there.