ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are you happy with the Andy Reid hire? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268484)

Richard_Cuckold 01-05-2013 10:56 AM

Yes, absolutely.

Reid is a damn good coach/good man and just needed a change of scenery

milkman 01-05-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284670)
We haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. Lets not jump to the Lombardi Trophy just yet.

I'm with Whale on this.

I have fewer years ahead of me than I have behind me.

I don't care to waste another 10 years of my life on falling short.

Rasputin 01-05-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284356)
He's the main disciple of Mike Holmgren. I fully expect us to win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid at the helm. Yep. I just said it.

That is the beauty of the way the NFL draft is set up. Hypothetically of course you can go from worst to best in just a short few seasons. This is where we are at the bottom only way is up. I just think drafting the QB is the key to that success.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284724)
Our utter failure should not change where the bar of success is placed.

The goal should be to win championships.

It most certainly is the goal.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284748)
I'm with Whale on this.

I have fewer years ahead of me than I have behind me.

I don't care to waste another 10 years of my life on falling short.

If he hasn't won one in 5 he should go.

But let's let him coach a couple of games first before we start planning on failure.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 11:13 AM

If he hits on the QB, why can't Reid win? This is all it really comes down to anyway. No QB = no chance. QB = plenty of opportunities.

MrNightly 01-05-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9284087)
Just an FYI that Chip Kelly is 49 and Andy Reid is 54... not a big age difference.

Mr Huge...

This is a point well taken.

However, I like the fire that Chip brings. He completely dominated the K-State game. Made the changes at Half-time that needed to be made. As he did all year. I think he will be VERY successful at the NFL level.

I'm all for hoping that Mr Reid just needs a change of scenery.

Here's to 2013!!!

chiefzilla1501 01-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284780)
If he hits on the QB, why can't Reid win? This is all it really comes down to anyway. No QB = no chance. QB = plenty of opportunities.

1. Not sure where he got a reputation as a QB guru. Or that we should blindly trust him to get the QB decision right. He can get the most out of his QBs. But can he pick the right one?Fact is, outside of McNabb, they've made some spotty decisions at QB. And no, Foles has not come close to showing that theory wrong. He has to get the QB decision right and there's no guarantee he will.

2. His biggest criticism has been that he's not a good game manager, especially when the game is on the line. His team has to be good enough to overcome that

3. Reid's defense has been a mess since Jim Johnson died. His DC hire is ultra critical. Reid's teams are best when the defense can balance out the offense

4. Will we repeat mistakes of the past? Will we let Reid stubbornly stick to an "Eagles Way"? WIll we let him slide by with mediocrity, as long as we win a playoff game or two? Given how bad Pioli had to be to force a firing, I hope Hunt learned his lesson.

I am optimistic about the hire. But those are a few big red flags we need to know. Again, a lot more excited than I am worried. But not willing to give this guy a free ride. I made that dumb mistake with Pioli, admittedly.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9284809)
1. Not sure where he got a reputation as a QB guru. Or that we should blindly trust him to get the QB decision right. He can get the most out of his QBs. But can he pick the right one?Fact is, outside of McNabb, they've made some spotty decisions at QB. And no, Foles has not come close to showing that theory wrong. He has to get the QB decision right and there's no guarantee he will.

2. His biggest criticism has been that he's not a good game manager, especially when the game is on the line. His team has to be good enough to overcome that

3. Reid's defense has been a mess since Jim Johnson died. His DC hire is ultra critical. Reid's teams are best when the defense can balance out the offense

4. Will we repeat mistakes of the past? Will we let Reid stubbornly stick to an "Eagles Way"? WIll we let him slide by with mediocrity, as long as we win a playoff game or two? Given how bad Pioli had to be to force a firing, I hope Hunt learned his lesson.

I am optimistic about the hire. But those are a few big red flags we need to know. Again, a lot more excited than I am worried. But not willing to give this guy a free ride. I made that dumb mistake with Pioli, admittedly.

Agree on pretty much all counts.

O.city 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

IMO, difference in this an Pioli, is we know, without a doubt, that Reid can be successful.

Pioli was a hot name, but relatively unknown what he brought to the table with out daddy Bill.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9284809)

Why in the world should a person blindly trust anyone about anything?

O.city 01-05-2013 11:30 AM

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth
Well folks, here it is: Sources tell me Ron Rivera is STAYING in Carolina. Next up: GM search next week. #Panthers

chiefzilla1501 01-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284826)
Why in the world should a person blindly trust anyone about anything?

Well, I know you won't. But I've heard plenty of people on this board say that his history with QBs is good enough that no matter who he picks, we'll trust he made the right call.

Wanted to make it clear... Reid will get the most out of his QBs. But I don't necessarily trust him to pick the right one.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 11:33 AM

Also, let's not undersell the McNabb selection. From '99-'09, this was Red's guy. The one time he was at the top of the draft and in need of a QB, Reid hit a HR.

Well, aside from this...Yeah, aside from that small rumble earlier today, it's been an average Saturday in Alaska.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9284834)
Well, I know you won't. But I've heard plenty of people on this board say that his history with QBs is good enough that no matter who he picks, we'll trust he made the right call.

Wanted to make it clear... Reid will get the most out of his QBs. But I don't necessarily trust him to pick the right one.

Let's see who the GM is, too. If it's Dorsey, I'm feeling even better about things. And I wouldn't see this as a typical "tree hire."

Yes, the two have history, but coaching circles are smaller than shit anyway. It's all six degrees of __ in the NFL.