ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

Mr. Arrowhead 10-30-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9067730)
Maybe. I just don't see it.

disagree, Dallas has some nice pieces with Kamen, Collinson, Mayo, and Brand to go along with Dirk. I think its possible they are a top 5 team in the West

The Bad Guy 10-30-2012 11:23 PM

Carlisle is one of the 3 best coaches in the NBA behind Pop and Doc Rivers. Few do more with less than that guy.

Just an awful game. Truly awful for the Lakers. Mike Brown is just atrocious.

KC_Connection 10-30-2012 11:24 PM

WTF was that shit? Why is Mike Brown running an offense that doesn't involve Steve Nash doing a pick-and-roll (which is almost a sure basket and has been for over a decade)?

The Bad Guy 10-30-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9067752)
WTF was that shit? Why is Mike Brown running an offense that doesn't involve Steve Nash doing a pick-and-roll (which is almost a sure basket and has been for over a decade)?

Because he's the basketball version of Romeo Crennel.

Literally makes no ****ing sense to run a Princeton offense when you have a PG like Nash. It's like running the option with Peyton Manning.

Nash should be the prime decision maker in the offense.

He can shove it up his ass about how great this offense will be in January. Any offense that negates your PG is dogshit.

Death2CasselFans 10-30-2012 11:49 PM

Shaq just challanged Jason Whitlock to a fight

someone upload video to youtube. Happened after Laker/Dallas game.

Death2CasselFans 10-30-2012 11:53 PM

Now they showed a picture of Whitlock.

Shaq clowned him. Called him fat.

ChiefsCountry 10-31-2012 12:45 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/S...box-him-103012

DaKCMan AP 10-31-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9067399)
Well that sucked... Congrats again Heat you assholes

:)

BIG_DADDY 10-31-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9067750)
Carlisle is one of the 3 best coaches in the NBA behind Pop and Doc Rivers. Few do more with less than that guy.

Just an awful game. Truly awful for the Lakers. Mike Brown is just atrocious.

Brown is an idiot. For the life of me I have no idea why they picked that clown.

loochy 10-31-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9067748)
disagree, Dallas has some nice pieces with Kamen, Collinson, Mayo, and Brand to go along with Dirk. I think its possible they are a top 5 team in the West

The Mavs are such a toss up that it's ridiculous. It'll still be a month and a half until Dirk comes back, who knows how long Kaman will stay out, and we have a bunch of 1 year contract guys. The 1 year guys might show up and play hard for a contract or they might mail it in because of lack of team unity from knowing that they won't be here next year. However, if anyone can make it work, it's Carlisle. That guy is a badass coach.

KevB 10-31-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9068165)
The Mavs are such a toss up that it's ridiculous. It'll still be a month and a half until Dirk comes back, who knows how long Kaman will stay out, and we have a bunch of 1 year contract guys. The 1 year guys might show up and play hard for a contract or they might mail it in because of lack of team unity from knowing that they won't be here next year. However, if anyone can make it work, it's Carlisle. That guy is a badass coach.

Yep, there's a reason guys like Collison, Mayo, Brand, etc. were allowed to walk by their former teams. However, Carlisle is so damn good he may very well mold this team into a competitive and consistent group. They won't be able to beat the upper echelon teams when those teams play well, but that's still enough to win 40+.

RealSNR 10-31-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9068154)
Brown is an idiot. For the life of me I have no idea why they picked that clown.

Who should they have hired? Not saying Brown is a good coach by any means, but NBA coaches are really hit or miss. It's extremely difficult to find a good one.

RunKC 10-31-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9068240)
Yep, there's a reason guys like Collison, Mayo, Brand, etc. were allowed to walk by their former teams. However, Carlisle is so damn good he may very well mold this team into a competitive and consistent group. They won't be able to beat the upper echelon teams when those teams play well, but that's still enough to win 40+.

From what I saw last night, the Thunder are still the best team in the West, even without Harden. They have the talent and chemistry.

KevB 10-31-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9068271)
From what I saw last night, the Thunder are still the best team in the West, even without Harden. They have the talent and chemistry.

It's entirely too early to draw any conclusions. When the Heat brought in LeBron and Bosh, they were 7-7 in their first 14 games.

KevB 10-31-2012 10:07 AM

Also, friendly reminder : NBA League Pass is free from 10/30 to 11/6