ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid seems to think all Tackles are created equal . . . (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272736)

Messier 05-03-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9654939)
That's ignorant.

Who?

Messier 05-03-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9654711)
Thank you Miss Cleo! Got those powerball numbers too?
Posted via Mobile Device

Name the elite prospect.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-03-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9654939)
That's ignorant.

If you mean ignorant in the sense that we don't really know yet, and will not know till a few years down the road . . . . then, yes, I could agree with that.

But I think it's fair to say that no QB in this draft was projected to be a starter right from day one (there were certainly no Luck's or RG3's this year).

For that reason, I was fine with the Chiefs signing an undrafted free agent QB who has just as much 'potential' as any QB in this draft, rather than spending a high pick on a QB just so we can say we did.

Tyler Bray has a very high ceiling, but he also has major 'bust' potential. So what's the difference between him and the few other QB's taken in the first few rounds? In terms of a ceiling, not much. But obviously the floor is a lot lower on Bray than Smith or Manuel. But who cares? Isn't the goal to get an ELITE QB? If Smith or Manuel bust, you could end up with another "game-manager" QB, at best. Why is that significant? Well, I think most everyone on here has made it pretty clear how they feel about a "game-manager" QB. We DON'T want one!

So, logically, you would take the guy(s) with the highest reward potential while minimizing your risk (i.e. late round QB, undrafted FA). And that is EXACTLY what THIS draft was! There were no winning lottery tickets in this draft. Is it going to be like that in every draft? No, definitely not. But the Chiefs minimized their risk, while maximizing their potential.

I realize that won't satisfy the "we want a 1st round QB, no matter who he is" crowd, but it is a smart and prudent move by a new GM and coach looking to build something from the ground up. Why start treading water from the beginning??

And bottom line: we're going to need an ELITE O-Line to make this offense work the way Reid wants it to, so might as well take care of that while we can. The QB will have to wait till next year . . . . .

jettio 05-03-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9655222)
To be fair, this OL is locked the **** down, and should perform to Reid's liking.

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Schwartz
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Asamoah, Schwartz
RT: Fisher, Stephenson

That line is set.

So let's focus on QB, WR, DL, and passrushers. PLEASE.

That could be how it is in real life but when you list the roster you have to write OG Kush because I heard Sol say that in Pineapple Express.

chiefsfan_91 05-03-2013 05:10 PM

I honestly don't see what the problem people have with game managing QBs is. We just had one win the Super Bowl. Frankly, Alex Smith is leagues better than Joe Flacco. QB is the most important position in sports because it is the only position that can actually make or break a team. Case in point, Matt Cassel. He was far, far worse than a game manager. He literally threw games away. A Game Manager won't lose you the game; which is important. The Game Manager won't wow you with stats, or amaze you by calling 15 audibles before the snap, but he won't make costly mistakes either. And that's what this organization needs right now. Someone who can step in, take the reigns for a few seasons and can be a part of the development of a guy like Tyler Bray, who is raw, but has all the physical tools. I'm really liking the way this new regime is building the Chiefs. Its been a long time since we've been dominant in the trenches, and the way its looking, that's all about to change

Nightfyre 05-03-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9655572)
I honestly don't see what the problem people have with game managing QBs is. We just had one win the Super Bowl. Frankly, Alex Smith is leagues better than Joe Flacco. QB is the most important position in sports because it is the only position that can actually make or break a team. Case in point, Matt Cassel. He was far, far worse than a game manager. He literally threw games away. A Game Manager won't lose you the game; which is important. The Game Manager won't wow you with stats, or amaze you by calling 15 audibles before the snap, but he won't make costly mistakes either. And that's what this organization needs right now. Someone who can step in, take the reigns for a few seasons and can be a part of the development of a guy like Tyler Bray, who is raw, but has all the physical tools. I'm really liking the way this new regime is building the Chiefs. Its been a long time since we've been dominant in the trenches, and the way its looking, that's all about to change

Really? Seriously? Must be a troll/mult.

chiefsfan_91 05-03-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9655576)
Really? Seriously? Must be a troll/mult.

Nope, just someone who actually knows the game of football. Which seems to be rare here

saphojunkie 05-03-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9654468)
Nothing ever has, or will, encapsulate the futility of the Chiefs, both in their fans and failure, than that gif.

This is what I picture 99% of you all looking like during the gun threads.

Marco Polo 05-03-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9655585)
This is what I picture 99% of you all looking like during the gun threads.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 09:40 PM

"Flacco the Game Manager". I have truly ****ing heard the last word spoken by man now. Good god...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9655258)
Name the elite prospect.

Yo' mamma.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefs1 05-03-2013 09:46 PM

What are the top 5 RT's paid?
I know times are changing because OG's were drafted in the top 10 this year.

KChiefs1 05-03-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9654517)
Barry Richardson...all that needs to be said

:(
Please don't remind me.

Fat Elvis 05-03-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 9655263)
If you mean ignorant in the sense that we don't really know yet, and will not know till a few years down the road . . . . then, yes, I could agree with that.

But I think it's fair to say that no QB in this draft was projected to be a starter right from day one (there were certainly no Luck's or RG3's this year).

For that reason, I was fine with the Chiefs signing an undrafted free agent QB who has just as much 'potential' as any QB in this draft, rather than spending a high pick on a QB just so we can say we did.

Tyler Bray has a very high ceiling, but he also has major 'bust' potential. So what's the difference between him and the few other QB's taken in the first few rounds? In terms of a ceiling, not much. But obviously the floor is a lot lower on Bray than Smith or Manuel. But who cares? Isn't the goal to get an ELITE QB? If Smith or Manuel bust, you could end up with another "game-manager" QB, at best. Why is that significant? Well, I think most everyone on here has made it pretty clear how they feel about a "game-manager" QB. We DON'T want one!

So, logically, you would take the guy(s) with the highest reward potential while minimizing your risk (i.e. late round QB, undrafted FA). And that is EXACTLY what THIS draft was! There were no winning lottery tickets in this draft. Is it going to be like that in every draft? No, definitely not. But the Chiefs minimized their risk, while maximizing their potential.

I realize that won't satisfy the "we want a 1st round QB, no matter who he is" crowd, but it is a smart and prudent move by a new GM and coach looking to build something from the ground up. Why start treading water from the beginning??

And bottom line: we're going to need an ELITE O-Line to make this offense work the way Reid wants it to, so might as well take care of that while we can. The QB will have to wait till next year . . . . .

"Bust potential?" We signed the guy as an UDFA. There is no "bust" UDFAs. He can sit on a park bench and drool and the Chiefs are no worse off. We gave up NOTHING to get him. There is only upside. A lot of potential upside.

Saccopoo 05-03-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9654513)
There are no elite QBs in this draft.

There are no elite OT's in this draft either.

Fisher or Joeckel aren't Okung or Thomas, by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, if either Matthews or Lewan came out, both Joeckel and Fisher most likely would have been picked after both players.

Just because we picked one #1 doesn't mean that this guy is going to be a world beater.

Personally, I think he's going to have a tough time beating out either Albert or Stephenson and I believe we just drafted a back up - at least for this year depending upon what they end up doing with Albert.

If they sign Albert long term for decent money, I think he slides inside. And I think he might do that anyway under the franchise tag this season - and if he's asked to do such a thing, he might be so pissed about it that he just holds out for the season.

It remains to be seen if Fisher is capable of adapting to the next level. The Senior Bowl doesn't mean jack squat in terms of long term production at the next level (see Ryan Sims), and that's basically what they drafted Fisher off of. We'll see real quick as he'll be going against Hali and Houston.

They'll most likely want Fisher at LT simply because of draft status and money. As well, Albert still hasn't mastered the position in terms of technique. To protect him in his rookie year, they'll want Albert at LG. I'm pretty sure that there is no way that Asamoah beats out Schwartz at RG (Asamoah has underperformed so far in his career) and Stephenson is going to be entrenched at RT by the start of the season. Hudson is a lock at C.