ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs That was THE. WORST. two-minute offense I've ever seen. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288967)

mr. tegu 12-07-2014 06:46 PM

It was in fact, offensive pass interference on Fasano. He pushed the defender who probably flopped a little, but still it was interference. I am fine with the ref not throwing the flag on Fasano on a cheap penalty unless it ends up directly benefiting him and affecting the play. That is why he waited to throw it.

Also, Fasano knew it immediately. He didn't argue the call one bit or even react negatively. That tells you everything you need to know.

milkman 12-07-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11175555)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 11175527)
Oakland derailed our season. Just let that sink in.

Yep. when it happened, I said it was a prelude of what was to come... But honestly, its easy to get over.

This team played above it's talent level, and our opponents failed to attack our weakness through most of the first 10 games.

The Raiders did attack our weakness, and exposed these frauds again.

WilliamTheIrish 12-07-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 11175690)
Has everyone forgotten how the offense really started to get moving last year and in the playoff game? What is different this year? The OL is very different and Avery has beed out like forever. The defense can't stop the run without DJ and Devito. Alex is not different the OL and recievers are worse.

He may be super safe but even he got the ball to the recievers when needed. Today Albert Wilson started. WILSON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I don't think you can complain about the D today. They held AZ to 17 points and gave the ball back to the O four times (at least) with a chance to tie/lead and we got:

Slant/Out/slant/sack.

stonedstooge 12-07-2014 06:53 PM

WE WANT CHASE!

milkman 12-07-2014 06:54 PM

The sad thing is, because Derek Carr is already a much better QB than Alex Smith, unless Dorsey hits on every draft pick, fixing the O-line, finding a receiver, repairing the run defense, and filling the holes in the secondary, I can envision Oakland with Better record next season.

MikeMaslowski 12-07-2014 06:55 PM

Yeah, and I still can't figure out why Fissure can't hold for a snap count.

An Anal Fissure (fissure-in-ano) is a small, oval shaped tear in skin that lines the opening of the anus. Sounds about right for seven deuce.

Beef Supreme 12-07-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11175698)
It was in fact, offensive pass interference on Fasano. He pushed the defender who probably flopped a little, but still it was interference. I am fine with the ref not throwing the flag on Fasano on a cheap penalty unless it ends up directly benefiting him and affecting the play. That is why he waited to throw it.

Also, Fasano knew it immediately. He didn't argue the call one bit or even react negatively. That tells you everything you need to know.

Except earlier in the game when a Larry Fitzgerald similarly ran into a defender that was just standing there, the guys in the booth were talking about how it was defensive pass interference.

Discuss Thrower 12-07-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11175776)
The sad thing is, because Derek Carr is already a much better QB than Alex Smith, unless Dorsey hits on every draft pick, fixing the O-line, finding a receiver, repairing the run defense, and filling the holes in the secondary, I can envision Oakland with Better record next season.

Chiefs will go 1-5 at best against the AFC West assuming Peyton is still around next year.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-07-2014 07:01 PM

What's surprising is that combining the worst group of WRs and the worst offensive line in the NFL with a terrible QB has resulted in such a pathetic offense.

Baffling.

Bearcat 12-07-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 11175328)
Thing is Smith will have a "trash" day against a shitty team and have 3-4 td's and get the homers excited again and nothing will change. This guy sucks.

Hell, all it takes sometimes is one play or one TD drive... or they'll start 5-2 or something next year and it's different this time!

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-07-2014 07:09 PM

Smith has the fifth worst QBR in the league against the blitz. He's a limited, scared player. Perfectly mediocre, but it's pointless trying to win with him as QB.

ThaVirus 12-07-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11175836)
Hell, all it takes sometimes is one play or one TD drive... or they'll start 5-2 or something next year and it's different this time!

Yeah, they definitely fooled me.

I mean, shit. We lost so many starters this season due to injury at one point or another. We ripped off that 5 game win streak and 7 of 8 in spite of that. We looked damn good in that span. Beating the Rams, Hawks, Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, Patriots..

Now it all comes crashing down. This shit sandwich tastes like shit.

Hootie 12-07-2014 07:12 PM

He's pretty much dead to me.

I'm tired of watching it.

throw the ****ing ball down the field

Pablo 12-07-2014 07:14 PM

So, this is Dorsey's grand vision. This is what he was cooking up all off-season.

Take a middling, dickless QB. Trade away two seconds for this guy. Make sure you lock him down because you don't want him slipping away and bringing some other team and fanbase the joy of endless mediocre seasons. Add in hilariously sad first round draft picks. Ignore or fail to fill obvious personnel holes. Get Reid to scarf down this plate of misery, and shit his guts out at the 50 yard line in any game where you just need rational, productive play-calling.

**** you Dorsey. **** you Andy. **** you Alex.

Pablo 12-07-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11175836)

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, and I must be a Chiefs fan.